PAUL UK Employee Reviews

bad in general
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London13 December 2018
The work is so tired and the salary is low, maybe the free food is the only one thing. The timetables are so long, depens on your shop but you can start at 5.30 am or close at 22.00 pm like a restaurant , but without service charge, no tips. Besides the weekends the salary is the same for the doble work, because there are doble customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low salary, busy work
Likely to become a „dead end” job
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge9 May 2018
During my time with the company I have witnessed the promotions of peaple clearly unfit for the management positions. „Cutting the hours” and extending the employee’s duties without the payrise seems to be the common practice in the company. Very high staff turnover.
Pros
Team (in my particular store)
Cons
Company does not recognize the commited employees
A high quality brand with a general good policy but not perfect
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford14 March 2018
Paul product standards and ambitions are very nice.

Unfortunately some improvements and the flexibility asked to the employees is not very rewarded.
Pros
Free lunches, good ambiance
Cons
Growth, frustration, money, personal time
Problems in operation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Street Square, London19 November 2017
Overall is a good company to work for but the Head Office does not make life easy to employees. They are asking too much but doesn't provide the conditions needed. Also don't pay too much at team member level and struggle to find enough people to work. Most of the time shops run understaffed which is too much stress and pressure.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Understaffed and high pressure
Easy to start
Retail team member - Barista (Former Employee) –  London28 September 2017
Easy to get job even if you don't really speak English. Managers are always willing to help. Salary is not exiting. There are many visits from CO that everyone is involved.
Customer Service & General Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 September 2017
Paul is usually busy but we always provide a great customer service. Most of our customers are tourists as it is located in Covent Garden. The hardest part of my job is not to have enough hours to work sometimes as it makes a huge difference in terms of salary.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to deal with customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours
Not recomended
Barista/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station9 August 2017
I was working as a barista, lasted three weeks (during that time 5 more people came and went), 12 hour shifts without asking you in advance, at the end of the month hours getting lost somewhere so you don't get paid for all the hours you've done.
Management doesn't care about the employees.

Anyone in their right mind would not work here.
Pros
free food and coffee
Cons
long hours, no work-life balance, rota would change last minute without a notice, low pay
This company cares more about their customers than employees
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2017
Hard work as understaffed with pretty bad management such as not knowing your rota in advance and also being asked to change it on the day, no communication. It's ok for a while, especially with a good team otherwise it's absolutely not worth it working for this company.
Pros
30% discount, 1 meal free on working day
Cons
Long hours, bad management
busy place in a small shop
Assisntant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, UK25 February 2017
hand on person
need to balances shop needs customers needs and staff
control or production and freshness of products
pre-organizes following days production versus sales for following days
high volumen shop in a small place with plenty staff
two units so need to balances both shops needs
Pros
like to work with the team as i am a team player
Cons
time consuming as i give all in the job
Gute Atmosphäre
Bäcker (Former Employee) –  London, UK30 January 2017
Es gab eine gute Atmosphäre. Ich habe wirklich genossen, in diesem Team zu arbeiten. Ich habe viele Dinge gelernt. Diese Jahre sind unvergesslich.
Go for a better choice
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 January 2017
It is generally a very sloppy company. Faulty equipment would stay broken for months, and when fixed, it was done by the cheapest contractors available, meaning it would break again within a week.
You are overwworked and underpaid on a daily basis. You're asked extra from the company with very little back. It has happened multiple times that Payroll department would mess up your payslip and you'd get a wrong amount of money, or you'd get a part of it the month after. That is, if you realised that and complained. Completely unorganized. The branch i was working in was the best earning one, so we were lucky to have privileges that other smaller shop didn't have.
Pros
2 Bonuses, Free Meal and endless coffee.
Cons
Unorganization, Sloppiness and underappreciation
stressful and poor management
Master (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2016
the job it self was very stressful, all team members are overworked and underpaid and there is no opportunity to grow in the company.
Production Team Member Level Master (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, London23 May 2016
Every day is very busy. I learned baking. Management was basically good but sometimes crazy. My coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the early waking up. The best part was the baking.
Perfect for a short or long term
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 September 2015
I loved working there, the team was awesome. I learned a lot about kitchen and how things work inside. Although we had some minor problems time to time, in general the experience was good.
Pros
Free food for employees, 2 days off you could choose, possibilities to advance in your career, weekly tips
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes, management issues
Productive and fun workplace
Retail sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 March 2015
A place to work have fun and make friends,

Regular team meeting where everybody is welcomed to propose her or his idea and together we work it out . . .
Multi cultural team and in a good relationship
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Flexible hours
busy shop
Sales Assistant and Production (Former Employee) –  London, ENG12 October 2014
my first job in London
really good product and a really atmosphere.
Cadre agréable
Responsable Ventes et merchandising (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 October 2014
Bien plus qu'une simple boulangerie, Paul transmet à l'étranger le savoir faire français en matière d'alimentation. En effet, nous avions des standard stricts à mettre en place, pour que le client se sente chez lui, aussi bien à Londres qu'à Paris. Un bel exemple de réussite.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant and customer service (Current Employee) –  Fulham Road (Chelsea) London17 May 2014
The day always start with a smile in the face and a friendly "hello" of our usual costumers, with who always is possible I like to have a small chat.
My work colleagues are very nice and friendly.
The hardest part is the work hour shift because I finish late wen I'm in the closing shift and I need wake up very early if I'm doing the opening shift, but have the good side of have a bit of fun with my colleagues.
small but busy
Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 November 2013
small but busy most of the time; knowledge of all that was to be done in any of the depts of the cafe was at the base; very good food and great training in all aspects of job especially in preparing coffee;
modern and innovating work place
Head of Pastry (Former Employee) –  Paul, ENG25 October 2013
I am like to develop and create new seasonal products.I can to london 4 years ago , in the different place I have worked , I enjoyed to be involve in customers service, staff training.
I also like chocolate artwork, for special event , like easter, Valentine Day. the customers are always surprised about what is possible to make with chocolat artwork. It a good reward to see them enjoying their desserts.