Patisserie Valerie Employee Reviews

Amazing experience
Production Finishing / High Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 September 2019
I really enjoyed my time at patisserie valerie , work life balance and staff and management are a credit to the company.
I would go back in a heart beat.
The owner's
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Belfast23 September 2019
The owner's don't respect and they don't care about the staff
I worked as duty manager for 5 months and I never get paid as a duty manager And they didn't give me any information
absoulute shambles
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Solihull4 September 2019
worked here for over year the management are terrible lots of back stabbers I suggest you do not work here lots of cons to the job long hours are expected if your ill you have to work
ambiente lavorativo flessibile e meritocratico
Barista (Former Employee) –  UK3 September 2019
esperienza all'estero molto stimolante, colleghi simpatici.
Pros
colleghi
Cons
wage
Customers and location made the job
Front of House staff (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London19 August 2019
Patisserie Valerie in Richmond was essentially a great experience for myself, but there was still many things wrong with it. The beginning was brilliant, the main reason i chose this job was that the location was a 15 minute walk from my house, and the tips were amazing, along with free lunch and cakes to go. But as time went on and the staff changed, the store had certain staff that were not suited to customer service, making customers so uncomfortable they would not come back, even the loyal ones. I often had customers complaining about these certain staff and I essentially could do nothing apart from work extra hard to compensate for this. The higher management was awful, there were times when certain important appliances would break and we would wait weeks even months for a repair, I had no real training personally, and ever store seemed to be run differently.
Pros
Free lunch, good tips, lovely customers, good location
Cons
Management was a mess, important appliances constantly broken and took too long to fix, too much competition, poor staff chemistry
Great place to work , magaement are really supportive and they give excellent staff training.
Front of house team member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire14 August 2019
Each day was busy but as you got used to waiting on tables, using the till, refilling stock ect, the job became easier and was very enjoyable. I have learned valuable waiting skills and how to communicate with and manage customers. The workplace culture at Patisserie Valerie is very supportive and all staff helps one another when needed.

The hardest part of the job is learning how to wait on tables and how to use the coffee machines. Without a doubt, the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making sure they have an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Free lunches, fair pay and good management
Cons
No cons
The worst place ever
FOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge9 August 2019
It’s the most unorganised no one care about no one .rude store manager. Has no any respect. Try to avoid that place . I feel sorry for the people who has gone because they had issues with the store manager
Pros
The team
Cons
All horrible
Grate place
Asistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 August 2019
Amazing atmosphere proffesional aprouche greate progress opportunity
High standards.
Large module of training.
Student frendly
Awarding winner in service
Pros
Grate bonus up to 800 a month
Cons
Late finishing
Worst Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 July 2019
The Company's is an absolute joke - Higher managerment have absolutely no idea on basics of running a business, there is no support from Area Managers or higher. The pay is never right so you constantly have to chase to get paid correctly. No communication between Head Office and Stores. No Appreciation. And to try and get stock you have ordered from the Bakery or NDC is ridiculous. Stay well clear of working for them!
Barista - Waiter (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 July 2019
Great pride in delivering excellent customer service to my regular customers and walk-ins ensuring customer expectation was always met and going the extra mile to exceed there expectation. In the many years of service I have learnt that there is nothing better that working in a healthy and united team anything can be throne at you but with a strong and positive team and motivated individuals targets can be met and positive and calm attitude will be the customer experience too. The hardest part was dealing with disgruntled customer, but with 20 years of customer service you do learn how to cope and overcome these issues there is not 1 single answer but taking every episode and trying to make the best outcome for the customer.
Pros
free lunches
Job work life balance the only good things about it if not asked to work in your day off
DM (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 July 2019
Poor management. Area manager incapable to retain store managers, rude and unprofessional. Cares only about one store of all, creates unpleasant ambience and does not care training is provided. Stores are running on autopilot, poor maintenance, lots of conflicts of interest including him employing his own daughter handling cash. Staff helpful but don't care enough how business is run, juts come and go for shift to make tips. Too many internal promotions of incapable and unsuitable people just to fill up business needs without any appropriate training. No real future for capable people they are pushed down and bullied all the time.Pay minimum wage, and do KP tasks even if employed as shift leader. Asked frequently to work even in your day off to cover shifts in other stores- and you end up not getting PAID. Avoid.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
too many, poor wages, cut hours all the time-no secutiry for contracted hours, no contracts, no training, poor incapable management, too many bullies, too much pressure and no recognition. Just bad
No filters here!
Bakery Operative (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 June 2019
To start with, the most positive fact about the job was the proximity to my flat, and that I improved my CV.

Environment was busy, though very disorganized (the worst workplace I ever been), it does not mean that the daily tasks were hard; the managerial culture emulated any Victorian time workhouse, and the manager was very unprofessional, to be plain and simple. Busiest days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Less busy days, Sunday and Monday.

Except to work hard, if you are organized and a good team player you will be fine.

My review is based on the past years I was working for PV, not the current time, as I was made redundant in the mean time.

We had issues with behavior, aggressiveness, and violence, this last issue happen with me a few times, but the manager did not take any action.

Members of staff cheating the clock was common practice, specially Kitchen Porters (they open the clock and move it forward), and half of production team stay on long breaks at the canteen, or smoking outside, killing time and trying to reach overtime. Area manager did not care about how the bakery was run, just the sales, and phoned us all the time with silly requests, at closing time.

Wages pay rises only three months after the minimum wage get increased which means some team members always got worst off, and for a few months got the same pay as the Kitchen Porters.

Lack of rotation meant that some team members were doing the same repetitive tasks, with health consequences, and that only a few get off days at weekends.

Health and safety was legging behind due
  more... to faulty equipment, lack of staff, training, or missing cleaning products, and piles of crates that did get to the washing machine, that eventually in case of extreme need where send back to the shops unwashed with slices, pastries, and whole cakes. It was not employees fault! Just poor management.

All the time I was there I did not get an copy of my contract. I could go on, but overall this was a workplace where you can cope if you are physically fit, and keeping in mind that you are there just for your wage.

If you want to apply for a job there put this in mind, maybe you will find something better, but in between you can work and see what happens.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Poor management
Very Busy
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire16 May 2019
Great work environment, needs very hard work and not an easy job. there is a good fair amount of tips for the waiters and the pay is not bad the only complaint there is, is that its monthly pay, great discounts and offers from other companies.
Pros
free lunch, good offers
Cons
pay is monthly
Fun but unorganised
Chef/Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Ashford7 May 2019
Helpful and understanding (in most cases) about mental health issues. Fun and generally good people with normally capable work load. Biggest concern was job stability with was reinforced by lack of organisation at almost all levels.
its okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bromley10 April 2019
got electrocuted due to flooding in the kitchen and all the appliances were turned all while soaked in water fast paced environment long hours short breaks
Pros
free food and drink lots of breaks
Productive and fun workplace
manager transport and warehouse (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2019
My job is starting be 7-8 am, my rule is control all delivery for all store, fixed any mistake transport, control stock in warehouse, order for any missing stuff. Also planning rota for drivers and warehouse.
i control 15 vans which need to do service on time etc..

Marek
It’s ok if you can’t find anything else on earth
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield20 March 2019
Poor managment. Minimum training. You can catch some nice people if you have luck. Could be stressfull sometimes. Understuffed always. 0 suppport from the head office. Amateurs. Avoid.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad managed
warzone
Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham13 March 2019
nobody got on was under staffed in kitchen and the manager did nothing to help. the kitchen was to small and the kitchen porter area was to big. some nights stayed longer than I had too
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire8 March 2019
I like work for this comapny. Our team in the coffe shop like a family, We respect each other and we are really good as team. Easy, flexible working hours.
Stay away from this company
Front of House Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield3 March 2019
They don't care about you. They just want you to make profit for them, that's it. Poor management, rude and lazy unprofessional collegues, worst place to work at.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patisserie Valerie. Our community is ready to answer.