Pathway Group Employee Reviews

Great people Great Workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 January 2017
Pathway Group is a fantastic place to work. Management are approachable with an open door policy. Every employee is treated equally regardless of role or experience. Everyone is given a voice and challenging ideas is encouraged.

Working hours are flexible encouraging a work life balance that suits individual needs.
exciting and challenging
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Walsall15 September 2016
I am quite new to the company but I have learnt that my co-workers are friendly and supportive. They offer me plenty of guidance so I can fulfil my role to the best of my abilities. I was completely new to the role I've taken on so it is really great that everyone helps each other. My manager has made my training very simple to follow and I hope to be working with the company for a long time.
Pros
friendly and supportive staff
Passionate about creating opportunities for Young People
Quality (Current Employee) –  Amington House9 September 2016
Worked at Pathway for a number of years in various positions and departments,. I have found Pathway to have strong leadership and vision with strategies to engage with communities to develop and take responsibility for promoting opportunity to young people. This is something that i am passionate about and colleagues who feel the same make Pathway a rewarding place to work. The company has a strong ethos on allowing employees to have ownership, accountability and responsibility to innovate within their own area of work. There is great emphasis in improving Quality and not accept mediocrity. There is good access to senior management with an open door policy where ideas are always welcome.
Pros
Flexibility to maintain a work life balance. Personal and professional advancement/Growth
Fantastic company with development opportunities
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 September 2016
I worked for Pathway for just over two years, during this time I was able to fully utilise my unique skill sets.

From advice and guidance, project management to supporting external organisations.

The culture is unique and welcoming, I would encourage anyone to apply with a position within Pathway.

I have since moved on from my full time position with Pathway, this has been to futher myself and realise my own dreams, I still have a very good relationship with all staff, and can certainly say I have been inspired by th CEO on a regular basis which is one I am taking my own adventure now.

I have many good memory's and some great experiences which has helped me understand things in the education and training industry even more!
Pros
Inspirational CEO, great team
Cons
I really can't think of any!
Good Progression/Excellent Team & Management
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall9 September 2016
I have now been in employment with Pathway Group for around 5 years. I started the company as a Administrator and have now progressed to a role in Management. The company allows flexibility in my workday and encourage working from Home. Management including HR are really supportive and are appreciative of the work i do. The team i work with are the best and appreciate all i do for them as a manager. The company appreciates new ideas and at times these are also implemented. Hard work is recognized and employees are awarded accordingly.
Pros
Travel Reimbursed, Overtime worked can be taken as annual leave, Flexibility to work on own initiative
Cons
Communication between branches is weak but management is looking at ways to improve this.
Good advancement
Employment Advisor / IAG (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 September 2016
I have worked for Pathway Group for about 5 and a half years. I can honestly say that they have been a really good company to work for. Don't get me wrong, I have the odd the day here and there but I think I have had that with all companies I have worked for. What I can say is that I have been emotionally supported by management when going through a turbulent time in my life and they have also been wonderfully supportive in relation to growth and development with lots of training and promotion opportunities. A lot of the other staff that I have met throughout my time here have also become close personal friends.
Pros
Support and training
Tutor
Tutor/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Tyseley20 February 2016
Not professional at all,management does not have clear goals or business strategy.. I was made redundant within my probationary period along with other staff who was recruited six months ago on permanent contract!
Official response from Pathway Group
3 May 2016

We are sorry to read that you feel this way. Our employees (both past and present) are very important to us as is their feedback. Unfortunately redundancies were made during the second half of last year however this was not limited solely to Pathway Group. The funding landscaped had altered and this affected the majority of training providers, with many of them having to close down completely. It was Pathway Group's business strategies that enabled us to keep our organisation operating throughout this time period. It is understandable that going through a process of consultation can be difficult, especially if you are still quite new to a company and we made a point of trying to make this as smooth as possible for all staff involved. We would welcome you to come and have a chat with us whereby you can feedback to us any of your concerns and would like to reiterate that Pathway Group is an Investors in People (silver award) recognised organisation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathway Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4