Paterson Recruitment Employee Reviews

Unsafe work, no helpful staff, rude staff and no work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire7 March 2019
people I worked with were okay but contact from agency was terrible, rude and would take them more then two weeks to get back too you, I don't recommend this to anyone looking for job to get them started.
Pros
Cons
you only had 20 min break or less, rude staff
they USED to be good!
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire24 January 2019
A brilliant agency up until they left me without work for a collective amount of time of about 2 months, and gave zero communication during this time despite me attempting to get hold of them. Endless changes of "consultant", no- one bothers to reply to your emails for availability, as they go unopened for DAYS!! ( I use mailtrack- so I know!). Sad really, as I said, they USED to be good.
Pros
none really.
Cons
no work
amazing
Booking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire28 November 2018
Amazing place to work. Very friendly staff and amazing benefits. Everyone was very understanding and always there to help as and when they could. Amazing company to work for.
Average
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire27 February 2018
Not the best company to work for, they have no direction or long term plans and don't offer any further learning or development.
Company culture is - get on with your job as that's what you are paid to do! Family working within the business which becomes disruptive. Not the best working environment, offices are old and dated. Needs some investment!
a job if you need money
Temporary contract (Former Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire22 February 2018
not a secure work place they stop messaging you if you miss one call so I then had to seek other employment after my holiday. this left me unemployed for over 4 months
Pros
work when you want
Cons
0 hour contract
Never say no attitude
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire9 June 2017
This agency do not give 2nd chances and they refuse to use you again if you refuse a job or explain that you have transport issues for a certain location.
They are still judging me on a no show i did over 16yrs ago because the data base keeps to much past history.
Pros
Cons
unhelpful staff
great!!
Sales assistant/Stockroom assistant (Current Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire27 March 2017
I loved that you can choose when you are able to work and choose what hours.
They can find the job that's best for you and ask you if you would like a challenge
challenge
Stockroom Assistant and shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester8 March 2017
With my previous company, I greatly admired their support and desire for growth in their employees. I was privileged to be able to take advantage of their in-house training.
Disorganised and unprofessional
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bicester25 May 2016
Worked for Paterson Recruitment as a retail temp. They expect you to be able to work at a moments notice and stop contacting you if you you decline to work a few times, regardless of reason. I was routinely cancelled on last minute or turned up to work shifts that had been cancelled without the company informing me. They also failed to put me on the correct tax code so I had to wait weeks before I got the money from HRMC.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Disorganised, pushy and low pay
Productive and great place to work.
Picker/Packer QA (Ongoing Assignment) (Current Employee) –  Witney, ENG2 January 2016
Productive and great place to work. Great members of staff to work with. Busy environment. Varied working environment.
Pros
Free parking.
Cons
Pay.
Not bad
Temping Agent (Current Employee) –  Bicester12 February 2015
Fairly constant work over the holiday period, very good in that sense however, once the festive season finished was a severe decline in the amount of shifts available. Patersons also stopped contacting me with work for 2 weeks which i thought unprofessional
A Caring Company.
Shop Floor Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bicester, ENG27 January 2015
I worked for Paterson Recruitment and was based in Bicester Village; my roles included, greeting customers, helping with customer quires, replenishing stock etc.

I've learnt to increase my communication skills with people from different backgrounds/ethnicity/gender/orientation etc.

I've met an array of people from all over the world, this has had a positive outlook on how I view things on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job was probably standing on my feet all day (but that's an easy thing to get over)

The most enjoyable part of the job again was meeting different people and hearing their stories.
Pros
Support given from the agency.
Cons
The pay is quite low in my opinion.
As far as agency work goes it was okay.
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, ENG8 October 2014
As i work at a lot of different places and different time its hard to give an overall review, but every place that I worked in was up to a decent standard and generally had a friendly work environment.
Pros
Free weekends
Cons
Un-consistent work hours/days
nice to work
Partime Temp. (Current Employee) –  witney7 December 2012
It's nice to work..people are approachable,but days of work is not enough for me...I'm looking for a permanent job...Fit in my time
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short hours