Parkdean Resorts

Parkdean Resorts Employee Reviews

Supportive management, on time pay and fantastic friendly team. Management work to give you flexible hours and the company has been hassle free to work for
Pros
supportive team
Cons
Senior management are very slow at making decisions it is shears last minute and the GM can be very rude and disrespectful. There is no support from senior management
to much for average people to take on board, many people walked out including managementtraining whilst on the job producing food and service for paying customers who would at least every day sometimes several times a day would complain so learning through mistakes at the cost of customers causing a very stressful work environment
Pros
percentage off of food
Cons
bad work environment/management
Working at Park Dean Resorts was a very enjoyable experience, it showed me how team work should be, the team I worked with in the bar and restaurant were so friendly, helpful, good people, I made a lot of new friends.
Pros
Everything that was involved in the job.
Cons
Great company to work for, the pay is poor but I always felt respected by my managers and supervisors. The work environment is fun with regular team social events.
Pros
Great team, supportive management, fun
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
Loved working there would go back again every one is happy to help . The bosses are on top form they very much a family oriented business.It hard work but very rewarding.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hard work but worth it
Start a 7 till 12 no break because massive understaffed then repeat upper to middle management would struggle to run a cold bath ! And still wonder if why the fell over after not trying there shoe laces 👍
Pros
Nobe
Cons
Lovely company, but very badly run in the contact centre / Holiday home sales environments.Managers are poor, young people who will do the beckoning of more senior manager who simply don't care about staff. They are just a resource to be used. The company is very cliquey and managers do not interact well with staff. Little to no support, coaching and development.The contact centre is very ageist and I saw highly qualified individuals passed over for roles in favour of sheeple.A few years ago, this was a place where people wanted to work, jobs filled by recommendation and referral. Now, no-one seems to want to work there and they have a recruitment problem. This is simply due to poor management, lying to staff and inept team leaders.
Pros
Cheaper Holidays
Cons
Bad management
This used to be a fantastic company to work for. They cared about their team and customers, but alas no longer. Senior management team who have no experience of the industry, and constant false promises and moving goal posts. You will spend all your time avoiding Brand Risk audit fails and staring at speadsheets, not supporting your teams and looking after your customers. They will tell you its all about the team- don't believe it, its not. There is no support from the senior team, just a blame culture, when the true issue is a lack of funding. Investment in most Parks is non existent, and all they are interested in is sales and profit. Large amounts of team have been made redundant or sacked on a whim this year to satisfy investors, meaning the job next year will be even harder. They wont even pay for the sticking plasters to put on the cracks anymore- How did I feel when I got out from this Company? ELATED
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
No support. Excessive workloads. No staff care
7 years hard work, every department seriously under valued! Harder workers paid less then layabouts!! If you wanna work 4 jobs then parkdean the place to be. Parkdean don’t do maintenance.....just bonuses....... for the select few!!! “Training” pffft..... would learn more getting on the bus, if it ever turned up!
Pros
Nice views, team can have a laugh, the odd happy customer
Cons
Breaking of several rules and regulations..... don’t sign paper unless you 100% know
I have worked here for 7 years and will probably continue to do so till retirement. There is room to progress to higher levels and management will help and encourage you to succeed.
The job its self was great although sadly parkdean do not care about there staff and to senior managers you are just a number but my view is complex and kitchen management were superb
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
Senior management poor
Horrific place to work, management don’t care about you, you are just a number to them, pay was shocking, hours were okay until overtime was expected and no extra pay just days in lieu that never happened, no lunch break as always called out or jobs thrown at you by management. Can’t speak to head office about anything as nothing will ever get done, put a complaint in and it’ll be brushed under the carpet and you will be punished for doing so... absolute joke of a company!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Low pay, extremely long hours, poor management... the list goes on!
Poor leadership, very reactive with little understanding of the operational demands on teams.Management are expected to be solely accountable for every department rather than department heads meaning turnover of senior management is very high. Worklife balance is shocking - expect 80 to 90 hours a week over 7 days
Very poorly managed company who literally do not care about staff at all, ‘management’ offer zero support and all conveniently go into a meeting at the same time leaving staff with no one to turn to for help during the workday. They also promise incentives but don’t actually follow through with them, get you to do the work first then don’t actually give you the rewards.You get questioned for taking too long in the toilet, and can only go based on how busy it is. Customer service basically doesn’t exist, it is all about sales and they couldn’t care less about anything else, ‘managers’ often won’t help out if there is a problem and just leave staff to deal with it themselves. Extremely high unrealistic targets set, that most people can’t reach therefore your commission is in jeopardy. Very high turnover of staff, people constantly leaving. It seems very friendly at first but don’t let that fool you, it it’s truly the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
Zero Support, Condescending Management
The job role itself was easy enough, but the unfair strain put on all the staff there led to many people leaving. Low staff numbers meant working 6 days a week, morning shifts and often late into evenings. Management were nice but failed to give any positive feedback. I ended up leaving due to staffing issues, an unfairly high work load and lack of recognition for my hard work.
Cons
Long hours, too small of a team, lack of positive feedback
Working as a cleaner you have a million and one jobs to do and aren’t allowed to leave until you clean all of your caravans even if they are trashed. People higher up expect you to also do their job as well as they are too lazy to do it them self and would rather put the blame onto a general cleaner rather than take the blame themselves. Don’t have proper PPE cleaning resources are useless and expected to carry round a huge Henry hoover cleaning products, bin bags, cloths, mop & bucket, and your rubbis from each van. It doesn’t work and when the weather is bad it’s the worst job in the world. Also don’t get a break anymore which is wrong considering you work 6 hours if not more if you are running behind due to a manky can.
Pros
Pay ok, good for part time work
Cons
Loads
we cleaned caravans as a duo first 2 weeks we was given a time sheet to fill in an got paid for those hour we worked .After that we was told we put to many hours down we did not get paid first 30 minutes as that time is to pick up the kit and sign in , we only get 1 hour between us to do a caravan including making beds so £4,50 each for 1 van to clean everything all kitchen 1 /2 showers 1/2 toilets pulling out sofa bed whole kitchen oven fridge freezer microwave toaster pots pans ect hoover mop take rubbish away strip beds make beds to a high standard we are not slow workers either but this was ridiculouse. such a little amount of money for so much work . And a massive rush .we take pride in our work there is no way we was going to go in wipe over an go . There is currently a pandemic and we was not given the time or products to achieve the standard required .We was not told this in the interview only told it is £9 a hour but it is not it is a hour a caravan either 1 person cleaner 1 hour or 2 cleaners 1 hour between them , We could not work under these cuircumstances so we left by week 4 when we found out for our self .
Pros
Cons
stress
Good company to work for , with good training and good conditions of employment. Was excellent during the lockdown was furloughed on full pay and good return to work policy
Couldn’t really say anything bad about it, in the small time that I was there I was treated fairly and with nothing but kindness, would recommend for anyone who is looking to get some experience but not looking for too long hours
Avoid at all costs.They promise you the world when you 1st start. Saying they will support you in any training you may require. Once you're in the door, they don't want to know. They never have the materials to do tasks in hand. When you complain they fob you off, then moan the jobs not complete. To many chief's not enough Indians.
Pros
Home time.
Cons
Poor management.
  1. Employee reviews