Parkdean Resorts Employee Reviews

Good but missleaded role
Holiday Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear16 July 2018
So I am going to leave a honest review here with good and bad points. I’ll get the good points out the way with first. So I currently work at parkdean resorts as a holiday sales advisor and it’s a really nice place to work it’s quite relaxed and the managers are all decent . Work is quite flexible can work around your shifts if needs be and quite abit available for overtime (in peak season) .

Now to the bad points, so this job titl is misleading , when I applied for this job it was advertised as a holiday SALES advisor not a customer service agent. I take bill query’s and send out emails for 90% of the day as I’m on existing sales lines. Anytime after 6pm I would receive a few sales calls but before that all customer service. I understand that I will take customer service calls now and then part of the job but not for my full shift. So if your doing a shift that finishes before 6pm your screwed.

The reason for such a low rating of the job is mainly for this. I applied for a sales role to make money and progress my sales career not take bill query’s. I am targeted as well with a unrealistic revenue target which I will never get unless I’m on a sales line. Also you get a load of newbies stealing your sales . So when you do get sales calls you get them stolen of you anyways. Also I don’t tyink ive had one training session, had about 5 training sessions which have all been cancelled, overheard someone say they haven’t had a training session in over 1 year.

Apart from that a really nice company to work for and would recommend to anyone wanting to progress into a CUSTOMER
  more... SERVICE career.  less
Pros
Lovely managers/colleagues. Flexible working
Cons
Misleading role, low pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Heacham15 July 2018
They're a well balanced introduction to all aspects of house keeping and maintenance, including customer service. Its a nice place to work with a easy learning curve.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Heat in the summer
Hostile and frustrating
Hemel Office (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire5 July 2018
An aggressive working environment exacerbated by incredibly inept senior management none of whom appear to have the ability to run a very large business. The effect on morale was as you'd imagine with some very-hard working individuals among the staff increasingly frustrated with being blamed for the company's downward trajectory, even more so with the inevitable redundancies. Many very skilled people lost their jobs due to quite-simply breathtaking incompetence by the management.
Pros
Many very nice staff
friendly environment, lovely people to work for who take as much pride in their staff as their customers
Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire5 July 2018
I would still be there unfortunately the office relocated to Newcastle so a very sad day when I was made redundant, great staff managers and directors
Pros
discounted holidays for family and friends
Cons
never found any
Avoid
Holiday Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 July 2018
Sales job is not a sales job - it's a Customer Service Job where you have the chance to earn 0.50p per sale only, therefore, you sell a holiday worth £1999 for example - you get 0.50p. Job description is a lie
Pros
Nice Collegues
Cons
Rip off bonus
fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth6 June 2018
this is a very pleasant workplace and all the team members are very helpful and are always there if you need help with anything. good teamwork and great management.
Friendly and enjoyable.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Ceredigion4 June 2018
Usually worked evenings. The management and staff were friendly. All the customers were also very friendly. You'll find you'll get to know some of them, as they frequent the complex. Hardest part about the job is getting to and from, the park I worked at was very remote. The most enjoyable part is having a laugh with the staff and customers alike during your shift.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Remote park location
Alright
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Mullion, Cornwall4 June 2018
Depending on the day the work fluctuated, from cleaning many caravans to very little. The management was nice to staff, but was often a lot of tension between them.
Holiday makers nice other staff not so good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lancashire3 June 2018
Manages lie to you all the time and will not back you some of the others non manages are ok and the holiday makers are nice but apart from that this is not a very good company to work for
Pros
Cheap holidays
Cons
Bosses do not listen
Best workplace I have ever been a part of
Sports and Leisure Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnydale1 June 2018
Experiences will vary from park to park, but on the right park, with the right team, Parkdean are one of the best exployers you could hope for! A Diverse and exciting place to work in my experience.
Pros
Free use of all on-site facilities including Swimming Pool and Club House
Cons
If you are not local, you will likely need to live on-site, with a caravan usually provided for a nominal rate
Summary
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire23 May 2018
Enjoyable, busy but not too stressful, members of staff are nice and understanding about their issues that they have.

Their in-house IT team are fantastic and a pleasure to work with
Cons
45 minute drive to and from work
Showbiz
Entertainment Host (Former Employee) –  South Hams District, Devon3 May 2018
Being on stage 6 nights a week singing, dancing, playing childrens games, entertaining crowds of holidaymakers. Putting on 3 production shows a week. Learnt a lot about music technology, how to dance. This job role was electrifying.
Pros
Glitz and Glam
Cons
Wish i'd took a full time role
fun workplace
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Wemyss Bay26 April 2018
day to day baes watching and cleaning pool area

learned how to deal with cash at a desk and maken up time sheets for my team's rota and dealing with the plant room

my management was great however above them was all about targets and not fun the children attending the pool

hardest park was not enough breaks it was 10 hours shifts at poolside and we was given what was legal required however its hard to stand at poolside due to heat and considerations levels can drop

had a great team which made it enjoyable
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great, fun,entertaining
Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  Windermere, Cumbria24 April 2018
Great fun company to work for entertaining with great benefits and progression if you choose to take it. Would not of left if I didn’t have to relocate.
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
Can be long hours
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Nairn, Highland5 April 2018
After attending an interview I was offered an immediate start, having never worked behind a bar before I was thrown in at the deep end which was what I needed. Management and staff were brilliant to work with and were understanding if you had any issues while on shift. I rarely had issues with customers, making the job enjoyable.
Great company!
Holiday Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear30 March 2018
Haven't been at the company all that long but it's a fantastic place to work in Gosforth. They really look after their staff and encourage growth. Everybody is treated fairly and you earn commission on every booking you make.

Team leaders are lovely and always willing to help at the drop of hat.
Pros
Supportive, friendly work place.
Cons
Late shifts
great place to work
complex manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall27 March 2018
Fantastic company to work for, take great care of their employees and train and develop them to give them all the skills required to undertake their role with the company and for them to develop as individuals.
Okay
Park Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Cooper`s Beach21 March 2018
Parkdean Resorts is a fantastic company to work for. The job is rewarding, challenging and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Bad management, good for temporary position
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset15 March 2018
Very poor management and inexperienced. No accountability and lots of illegal shifts happening.

Pros - good for temporary position if needed/wanted, can get the hours during peak time, met some nice people

Cons - no progress, poor management, no accountability
Lots of opportunities to try different things
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Creswell15 March 2018
holiday parks have a wide verity of jobs and career opportunities, seasonal or permanent. some seasonal jobs you work long hours and lose most of your social life, only maybe having one weekday off a week, minimum wage at start but pretty good when given the chance to advance. When advancing you are able to learn more about park functions and different job roles.