Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts

Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
One of the most defining aspects of this industry is that it focuses on customer satisfaction. While this is true of nearly every business, this industry relies entirely on customers’ being happy. This is because these businesses are based on providing luxury services.

Most people think that hotels alone belong to the hospitality industry, but hotels are only one sector of this industry. Many forms of transportation that cater to tourists are also part of this business world. For example, this niche includes airlines, cruise ships and even fancier trains. Restaurants, general tourism and event planning also belong to this niche.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Lo mejor de la empresa son los compañeros! Y el nivel de trabajo no es estresante, es muy fácil de llevar. Solo en ciertas fechas es cuando hay mucho trabajo.
I hated every day at this job. Management are horrendous, think that they are miles above you and delegate all their tasks to other people. There is no training whatsoever and people take advantage of new employees.

The interview was near impossible. I got hired whilst they knew I had no experience, yet continued to embarrass and degrade me when I started by asking why I didn't know how to use some software or why I didnt know how to do some tasks that are simple to those who know how.

Quit after 2 weeks, the stress and environment was not worth it.

Long hours and little pay, absolutely no benefits at all
If your Eastern European you get on fine. If not you won’t. At the Park Royal branch, I would check the rota to ensure I was working. I would turn up for work. The then Manager would change the rota without my knowledge and say I was not working today and send me home!
Another time, I came into work and was the only staff that was told, my hours have been reduced from full-time to part-time. This manager clearly did not want me there....
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
You will never know who your manager is, up until now I have no idea who’s in change. Everyone speaks Romanian or Spanish so don’t expect to be trained in English. You are basically a workhorse and will leave with blisters and pains with supervisors speaking to you rudely and then talk to colleagues in Romanian. I honestly feel this company should be fully investigated on how they treat housekeeping staf. All departments share the canteen people that work in other departments wear suits etc and act snobby to housekeepers (not me because I’m not Romanian) there really is a separation in the workplace.
Horrible place to work the supervisor will sue you and speak ugly with you and treated you like a garbage...horrible place ....do not work there will be better for you and for your life if you whant to remain wellness
Cons
It was a fun workplace to work and I enjoyed my job. the stairs was the hardest part of the job. meeting new people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Absolutely loved my time working for Park Plaza Hotels! Mission, Vision and Goals shared with all employees!
I have very fond Memories of working here :-)
Pros
Great Work life balance compared with most Hotels
Cons
Employee Parking
I have enjoyed working there. All the Park Plaza Hotels are very contemporary, a very good product to sell. The chain looks after their guests, VIP-s and takes any complaint very seriously.