PAREXEL Employee Reviews

Professional and adaptable place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill25 September 2016
A great place to work and very professional environment that allows me to complete all my daily task duties with respectable breaks and working hours.
Interesting but Demanding
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENG13 January 2016
Interesting but demanding environment to work. New opportunities are constantly emerging but the staff turnover rate is high as long hours and extreme dedication is encouraged.
Enjoyable place to work though Finance team gradually reducing due to redundancies
Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG17 September 2015
Good place to work. Unfortunately being made redundant at the end of September 2015 though there has been room for development throughout the last 11 years that I have worked at the company. A low turnover within the Finance team has meant that the core of the group has remained the same and we have grown as a team. I have learnt various aspects of the Finance department as a whole across the 3 roles that I have held within the company. A typical day currently involves many discussions with the contracts team and Project managers to break down what is required on change orders for our many clients, reconciling individual study budgets as studies move towards closure, providing client billing forecasts and overseeing the work done by the billers done within the team. It has been enjoyable and I will be sad to leave at the end of September 2015.
Pros
Good team, new office has provided great facilities, benefits/pension, has provided a solid base on which I can build on moving forward
Cons
Takeover has created redundancies/uncertainty, a gradual reduction in the team has meant that opportunities have been reduced since the takeover
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Senior CR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENG19 August 2015
Check emails and prioritise workload. Coordinate and organise meetings and book meeting rooms, arrange WiFi access for guests and hotel accommodation. Respond to email with requested information. Follow-up on telephone messages Update trackers and documents are necessary. File documents into e-folder for everyone to access if required.

I enjoy all aspects of the job. The hardest part is probably coordinating on-line meetings with people from all over the world in different time zones.
Pros
The ability to work flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
Productive and friendly
Drug safety assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2015
Working at parexel has been fun and interesting as well as productive. Learnt a lot and willing to learn and develop more in my next journey.
A great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield13 August 2015
I have worked for PAREXEL for 19 years, and leaving my position due to redundancy.

My tasks have been varied and I have taken on more and more responsibilities over the years.

I worked directly for the Director, however, assisted a number of other employees ranging from junior staff to VPs.
Pros
flexibility
great company to work for, extremely high workload
corporate quality (Former Employee) –  eurpoe2 August 2015
great company to work for and great people, workload very high..
flexible working. learnt lots in this job and wouldn't be where I am without all the experience I have encountered.
Pros
great people, postive culture
Cons
benefits and salary below market rate
Na
Medical Operations/Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENG21 May 2015
A great company to work for. There is no such thing as a typical day at PAREXEL. No day is the same and this make worklife very interesting for employees
Top Global CRO
Clinical Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ENG4 October 2014
Reviewing ongoing project work
Co-workers are very quiet and reserved
Lot of paper work to complete
Work can be done 9-5, rarely need to do overtime
Fast paced working enviroment
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sheffield25 April 2014
On a daily basis I deal with requests to update a specific Client's database with necessary update, amendments etc from colleagues from various locations worldwide. I also work through reports which are received on a weekly basis and compare the information on two different systems match. If not issues are raised to the relevant team members for resolution.

Having worked with the same Company for numerous years I've learned how to multitask between different tasks as well as working on various studies throughout the day many of which are for different Clients.

I feel I've managed my workload very well and priortise on a daily baiss.

I've built good working relationships with all my colleagues weather they be located in the same office as myself or different locations.

The most demanding part of my job is managing liasing with colleagues from different locations in finding resolution for issues that arise due to time difference but the majority of the time these are resolved in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to work with a diverse large team of colleagues and knowing that we've built up a good working relationship and understand each others needs so each can complete their jobs in a timely manner.
A stimulating and exciting place to work
Associate Editorial Director (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge11 October 2013
Life at Parexel MMS was varied and stimulating. There was no typical day, as the nature of the work meant I could, for example, be working on planning and drawing together presentations for a symposium, reviewing manuscripts for journal submission, working on a publication plan, or developing content for a website. I might also be reviewing editors' work and work loads, or preparing for a regular client meeting. The people at Parexel MMS were friendly yet professional, and cooperative to work with and along side. Occasionally, it was necessary to put in long hours for a week or two in order to get a particular job done and done well. At these times, keeping on top of a number of different projects was a challenge. The best parts of the job were being able to work with some dedicated medical professionals and when we received praise and appreciation from satisfied clients. When I worked at Parexel MMS I also enjoyed traveling on business to different parts of the world.
Pros
Stimulating work and work environment
Cons
Occasional antisocial hours
Tasks that I complete in my current role
Project Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow, ENG12 July 2013
My office hours are from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with flexability allowed. I assistant the project managers in all administration tasks i.e from EC documentation to ISF maintanence. I have learnt to work in a team and manage my time more effectively. I work with a small team but can adapt to a bigger or smaller team but also not a problem working on my own.
The hardest part of my job at present is trying to resolve the amount of emails that one recieves in a day. I would prefer to go see the staff member or call for a meeting. This is still in progress.
Pros
I have been with the company for 6 years.
Cons
Financial
Productive and Fun workplace
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 March 2013
A typical day involved uploading documents, filing paper documents and electronic documents, creating electronic signatures for documents, data input, booking meeting rooms.
Pros
flexible working hours
Ever developing workplace
Financial System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge25 September 2012
On a daily basis i work closely with management and Project Financial Analysts dealing with clients in the Pharmacuetical industry.

I find my role is ever developing, and continues to challenge my goals.

I work within a friendly and effective team environment that work effectivly together to gain positive results. I enjoy meeting new people at PAREXEL.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be acheiving overall goals i set myself personally which in all helps the comapny go forward.

I like to make a difference.
Pros
get an option to travel