PAREXEL

PAREXEL Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
A very dynamic environment, with flexibility within some divisions and potential for progression if you are prepared to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
Pros
Great benefits, really brilliant people to work with
Nice people to work with and flexible working conditions, but 24/7 culture of the business and organisational issues.
Pros
Free breakfast, tea, coffee
Cons
24/7 culture.
Good place to work. Unfortunately being made redundant at the end of September 2015 though there has been room for development throughout the last 11 years that I have worked at the company. A low turnover within the Finance team has meant that the core of the group has remained the same and we have grown as a team. I have learnt various aspects of the Finance department as a whole across the 3 roles that I have held within the company. A typical day currently involves many discussions with the contracts team and Project managers to break down what is required on change orders for our many clients, reconciling individual study budgets as studies move towards closure, providing client billing forecasts and overseeing the work done by the billers done within the team. It has been enjoyable and I will be sad to leave at the end of September 2015.
Pros
Good team, new office has provided great facilities, benefits/pension, has provided a solid base on which I can build on moving forward
Cons
Takeover has created redundancies/uncertainty, a gradual reduction in the team has meant that opportunities have been reduced since the takeover
great company to work for and great people, workload very high..
flexible working. learnt lots in this job and wouldn't be where I am without all the experience I have encountered.
Pros
great people, postive culture
Cons
benefits and salary below market rate
On a daily basis I deal with requests to update a specific Client's database with necessary update, amendments etc from colleagues from various locations worldwide. I also work through reports which are received on a weekly basis and compare the information on two different systems match. If not issues are raised to the relevant team members for resolution.

Having worked with the same Company for numerous years I've learned how to multitask between different tasks as well as working on various studies throughout the day many of which are for different Clients.

I feel I've managed my workload very well and priortise on a daily baiss.

I've built good working relationships with all my colleagues weather they be located in the same office as myself or different locations.

The most demanding part of my job is managing liasing with colleagues from different locations in finding resolution for issues that arise due to time difference but the majority of the time these are resolved in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my role is being able to work with a diverse large team of colleagues and knowing that we've built up a good working relationship and understand each others needs so each can complete their jobs in a timely manner.
Life at Parexel MMS was varied and stimulating. There was no typical day, as the nature of the work meant I could, for example, be working on planning and drawing together presentations for a symposium, reviewing manuscripts for journal submission, working on a publication plan, or developing content for a website. I might also be reviewing editors' work and work loads, or preparing for a regular client meeting. The people at Parexel MMS were friendly yet professional, and cooperative to work with and along side. Occasionally, it was necessary to put in long hours for a week or two in order to get a particular job done and done well. At these times, keeping on top of a number of different projects was a challenge. The best parts of the job were being able to work with some dedicated medical professionals and when we received praise and appreciation from satisfied clients. When I worked at Parexel MMS I also enjoyed traveling on business to different parts of the world.
Pros
Stimulating work and work environment
Cons
Occasional antisocial hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PAREXEL?