PAREXEL

PAREXEL Employee Reviews in Nottingham

Nottingham7 reviews
Productive, yet stressful and fast paced. Parexel offers a range of services to the bio pharmaceutical industries, so working in the company gives a good understanding of the clinical research industry.
Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.
But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.
Pros
Lovely Colleagues
Cons
Management Decisions
Parexel is a fantastic place to build and grow your career. The culture is ever evolving. This is the place to be if you're keen a very fast paced environment with a heavy workload and high expectations. They will support you to help you thrive and gain the experience you need. However, the strategic direction has been lacking and changes as often as you change your clothes. There needs a vision and a path to execution.
If you're perfectly healthy or only physically disabled they are fantastic to work for. They seem to look after you, if you work late, you get a taxi home if you don't drive, the canteen system is great. good location for commuting to the city.

If you're unfortunate enough to have an "invisible" illness, be prepared for a struggle. Especially if you have frequent but short periods of sickness. on the surface they appear to care but actually it feels like they're trying to find a way to push you out of the door
Pros
free taxi home if working late
Cons
don't be disabled
A very dynamic environment, with flexibility within some divisions and potential for progression if you are prepared to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
Pros
Great benefits, really brilliant people to work with
No healthy cuture , lot of micro management .
Hike is really low .

Managers sucks big time

The work culture is pathetic , no good quality of work as well .

Young developers are very few .
Good place to work. Unfortunately being made redundant at the end of September 2015 though there has been room for development throughout the last 11 years that I have worked at the company. A low turnover within the Finance team has meant that the core of the group has remained the same and we have grown as a team. I have learnt various aspects of the Finance department as a whole across the 3 roles that I have held within the company. A typical day currently involves many discussions with the contracts team and Project managers to break down what is required on change orders for our many clients, reconciling individual study budgets as studies move towards closure, providing client billing forecasts and overseeing the work done by the billers done within the team. It has been enjoyable and I will be sad to leave at the end of September 2015.
Pros
Good team, new office has provided great facilities, benefits/pension, has provided a solid base on which I can build on moving forward
Cons
Takeover has created redundancies/uncertainty, a gradual reduction in the team has meant that opportunities have been reduced since the takeover
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PAREXEL?