PAREXEL
PAREXEL Employee Review

Enjoyable place to work though Finance team gradually reducing due to redundancies

17 September 2015
Good place to work. Unfortunately being made redundant at the end of September 2015 though there has been room for development throughout the last 11 years that I have worked at the company. A low turnover within the Finance team has meant that the core of the group has remained the same and we have grown as a team. I have learnt various aspects of the Finance department as a whole across the 3 roles that I have held within the company. A typical day currently involves many discussions with the contracts team and Project managers to break down what is required on change orders for our many clients, reconciling individual study budgets as studies move towards closure, providing client billing forecasts and overseeing the work done by the billers done within the team. It has been enjoyable and I will be sad to leave at the end of September 2015.
Pros
Good team, new office has provided great facilities, benefits/pension, has provided a solid base on which I can build on moving forward
Cons
Takeover has created redundancies/uncertainty, a gradual reduction in the team has meant that opportunities have been reduced since the takeover
1 June 2017
Same role
Project Financial Analyst (Former Employee) - Uxbridge
Excellent place to work, varied role and a lot of interaction with all the business units.

Month End and Quarter End were always busy, but the team delivered accurate results in these busy times.
29 July 2020
Same location
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) - Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire
Worked with some amazing colleagues and learnt a lot during my time.
But there's very little room for progression, after applying internally for various positions, it would take a long time for the recruiting team to get back and provide feedback (Usually after a month they would reply back indicating that they decided to choose another candidate). Loyalty and experience within the company is not valued. Did not have a pay rise in 2 years. Management tend to not replace colleagues who have moved on, meaning you often get left with extra work and long hours. Management set un-realistic goals, trying to get better results with less people?! If new people do get hired, you have to train them, meaning more time away from your work - Then questions get asked.
Pros
Lovely Colleagues
Cons
Management Decisions
2 November 2019
Same location
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Productive, yet stressful and fast paced. Parexel offers a range of services to the bio pharmaceutical industries, so working in the company gives a good understanding of the clinical research industry.