Pareto Law Employee Reviews

Trainee
Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 March 2019
Liars is the only word I can use regarding this company. They seemed to have made up their minds for who they hired but use the assessment day as a hoax to draw people in order to make commission. They make you do assessments that have no relation to the actual company and want you to discuss your non-academic achievements - thus if you aren't sporty then you certainly won't get the job.

There is also an element of racism involved. As a Scottish applicant, the first thing they asked was what our thoughts on Brexit was. In the end, those who answered never got progressed to the next stage. Furthermore, they disagree with any other view that isn't pro leave.

The presentations were a joke and those who went to the panel reviewers progressed whereas the majority only had one assessor in the audience. This is unfair to those who genuinely worked hard on their presentations - which Pareto themselves constantly told us to do.

During the assessment, we were kept in a cold room for 7 hours thus making everyone exhausted by the end of the day.

There is not much more I can say, but be mindful when Pareto call, they could be luring you with false hope into a job where you need to have no soul or creative thought.
Pros
At least they talk to you
Cons
Liars
Be weary of "job opportunities advertised"
Trainee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2019
The company advertises jobs that most likely don't exist in an attempt to lure you in with opportunities that are too good to be true, usually through very vague job descriptions advertised with a very good salary. I'm sure this is most likely not the case for many of the advertised positions but non the less does waste time of potential applicants where this tactic is used.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Misleading tactics
Over sold positions.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 August 2018
I went to an assessment day, was the typical group case study. Followed by the most informal interview and a 3 minute presentation you needed to make. Presentation was fine but 3 minutes is to brief.

Felt that the day was okay very unorganised and no compensation for your travel cost about £100 return to get there.

Jobs after seem to be very low salary whereas they advertise that you’ll be making loads on commission you won’t OTE is not a thing. I think I’ll be turning down further applications as they all involve cold calling, something I had expressed I don’t like.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low pay
Very Arrogant and racist.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London15 June 2018
Anti-EU citizens environment. Discriminatory and extremely arrogant. The interview is a joke, their manners are a joke, the culture is horrible. Unprofessional.
Pros
No pros
Cons
thousands of cons
Highly social environment, "fun place to work"
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire23 May 2018
Social environment, the majority of people in the office are pleasant to work with and my immediate team are a joy. Excellent work life balance. Quite extrovert.
Pros
Social culture, Good work life balance
Cons
If a total introvert, you will find the culture difficult to get to grips with
Great Company- Hard work equals high reward
Graduate Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmslow, Cheshire23 May 2018
Great company to work for with regards to progression opportunities and company culture. Great management team too! Obviously sales isn't for everyone but if you're driven, ambitious and willing to work hard you are definitely rewarded.

Lot of training and development throughout your career, the team surrounding you is probably the best part about the role on a day to day basis.
Great Business
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 June 2017
Fantastic business to work for should you be driven, motivated and have a strong work ethic. Progression, money and added benefits are all fantastic. Would strongly recommend working for or with.
Pros
Money, progression, holidays
Cons
Hard work
Complete joke
Trainee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
If you're invited to an "assessment day" with Pareto Law you'll more than likely be invited to their London offices to brag about how brilliant you are in front of an overly arrogant staff.

They'll say only around 5-10 people will be at the assessment day, in reality they invite 40-50. They then make their minds up about you straight away and will waste everyone else's time as they make you jump through ridiculous hoops to satisfy their egos.

For their well thought out "challenges" say your celebrity role model is Bear Grylls and read up on the scenario in which you're in a plane crash in the desert with a list of supplies where you have to rate each resource you have and they'll more than likely get you to start a project on something utterly ridiculous, in my case it was to invent the "space olympics" which was then changed after an hour to a presentation on the "perfect candidate."

They then usher the loud and often rude candidates into a room and give them a pat on the back and tell the rest it's a no after leaving everyone to wait around for 2+ hours. My advice would be to be as loud as you can be and make up a story about what your proudest achievement is, everyone else will be.

They'll then offer you their idea of feedback, in my case it was to tell me I had no backbone. Which I feel was more of a personal attack from someone who seemed more interested in flirting with the girls than hiring quality candidates.
Pros
Struggling
Cons
Arrogant staff, waste of time, no management, lack of professional behaviour
Great people but the little man is underappeciated
Employee (Former Employee) –  London27 April 2016
Pareto advertise great benefits if you're successful at your job, but what happens if you work just as hard as everyone else bu don't qualify for these perks? Everyday I would bust my butt to let others receive cash bonuses, company cars and jetsetting trips to Dubai. Did I ever receive a thank you from those Account Managers and Directors? Rarely.

But thats just the system Pareto runs. Do I have any qualms about the people? Absolutely not! The majority of them are lovely, sociable human beings.
Great Company Culture Awesome Results
Graduate Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG22 July 2015
Pareto Law is an awesome company to work for, they develop some of the best account managers and business developers in the recruitment industry. being part of a team that is young fun and dynamic helps make the day more fun whilst completing jobs.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
long phone calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pareto Law. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7