Pareto Law

Pareto Law Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
fast paced, adaptable & agile, highly skilled & personable colleagues, helpful work culture
High expectations, office based culture, low work/life balance, medium/low salaries
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low salaries
Expect to do loads of calls sat on the phone every day screening people. Good for competitive and boisterous or very confident individuals. Commission was not worth it in comparison to many other recruitment companies. Team atmosphere was very clicky and in the know.
Being angled towards the graduate market, Pareto is a great experience as your first job and exposes you to a lot of different industries. Very heavily target-driven, and your experience is very much dependent on who you get as your manager as all have different styles which don't work for everyone.
They give lots of opportunities for feedback and try to act on them which is good, but still can be an unhealthy and stressful workplace for some.
Only went for a 2 week training course which was good fun. Organise company and look after candidates. Would recommend to grads as a starting point in their career.
Do not work for this company as they will not accept graduates with children!

After recieving a phone call to proccess my application further, I was excited to persue my degree within a graduate role.

To my dismay, after notifying the interviewer of personal circumstances, I was suddenly pulled out of the running, I was then informed by another employer that the position had been filled!

This, of course came as a complete shock, because Pareto Law called me to process the application for that role. Even though the essential and desirable skills/qualities were met and exceeded (I achieved a 2.1 and attained the title of student of the year) my personal circumstances; being a single parent, hindered the opportunities within this company.

I had a lucky escape and hope that reading this you may have too, treating people such as this is unacceptable in 2019!

Had to give them a 1 star to post the review, otherwise would have given them 0.
Pros
NONE what so ever
Cons
Discriminating, rude
If sales is for you, then im sure you would love Pareto. Its a very hard core sales place!

Some of the higher management have poor management skills and it can be very demotivating

Great incentive schemes. Staff are fun- themed days etc

High turnover of staff
Pros
Incentives, themed days
Cons
Long hours, poor management, expensive travel, cold calling
Pareto Law recently helped me to secure a graduate role with an external company. They are the most professional recruitment company I have spoken with. I can't express enough how thankful I am that they encouraged me to go for this particular role. I felt supported throughout the entire process; they helped me to prepare and gave me really useful advice before, during and after my final assessment centre. Every employee I spoke with from Pareto Law knew the status of my application and could answer any questions I had. I have already recommended Pareto Law to two friends who are also looking for graduate roles.
Once they recruit, they don't bother catching up - was employed by the company for a year and in that time i met one person in passing who didn't recognise me or know my name.
I started working at Pareto last July and have loved every second of it. Working here allows you to build yourself up as a true professional because of the type of clients we work with.

Speaking in the most basic terms "we sell to sales people". This challenge is what motivates a lot of the staff here at Pareto. If you're looking for an easy job this is 100% not it but the skills you will develop speaking with sales leaders will help you as you continue on your professional journey.

Pros: Great people, friendly culture, supportive managers, clear progression

Cons: Very competitive, In a new market
I've worked at Pareto for two years so far and understand its not for everybody. Its a really sales oriented work culture which means most of the people are outgoing and extroverted.

There's lots of team outings and socials as well as internal competitions - people work really hard and like to socialise to boost morale and blow off steam

People are generally really friendly and management are pushy, but like to get the best out of people. There's more opportunities for advancement for salespeople, but could be more for the other areas of the business - same with training.

If you're struggling, you'll get called up on it but you will get the support - both from management and the team

No two days are the same, and if that's the sort of thing you like then you'll probably do okay
Pros
social, friendly, nice offices
Cons
Can be a lot of work, more opportunities for sales than other areas
Social environment, the majority of people in the office are pleasant to work with and my immediate team are a joy. Excellent work life balance. Quite extrovert.
Pros
Social culture, Good work life balance
Cons
If a total introvert, you will find the culture difficult to get to grips with
Great company to work for with regards to progression opportunities and company culture. Great management team too! Obviously sales isn't for everyone but if you're driven, ambitious and willing to work hard you are definitely rewarded.

Lot of training and development throughout your career, the team surrounding you is probably the best part about the role on a day to day basis.
Fantastic business to work for should you be driven, motivated and have a strong work ethic. Progression, money and added benefits are all fantastic. Would strongly recommend working for or with.
Pros
Money, progression, holidays
Cons
Hard work
excellent training, target driven environment, rewards accordingly, high pressure, challenging. Not for those wanting an easy role but if you work hard it could pay off
Pareto advertise great benefits if you're successful at your job, but what happens if you work just as hard as everyone else bu don't qualify for these perks? Everyday I would bust my butt to let others receive cash bonuses, company cars and jetsetting trips to Dubai. Did I ever receive a thank you from those Account Managers and Directors? Rarely.

But thats just the system Pareto runs. Do I have any qualms about the people? Absolutely not! The majority of them are lovely, sociable human beings.
Pareto Law is an awesome company to work for, they develop some of the best account managers and business developers in the recruitment industry. being part of a team that is young fun and dynamic helps make the day more fun whilst completing jobs.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
long phone calls