Paperchase

Paperchase Employee Reviews

United Kingdom149 reviews
A fast paced environment. Intelligent and highly motivated staff helped by the excellent manager. There was a great deal of support from the Area Manager too when the manager was off sick long term due to a serious illness. Customers were very nice generally speaking which helped.
I was warned about the Glasgow management team and their penchant for bullying. I thought I could handle it...Paperchase, the worst 3 months imaginable. Was told by HR to keep a diary of events, which I did. I was let go at the 3 month stage, Quoting my boss, "It has nothing to do with your ability to do the job. You're very talented" Glasgow Visual
merchandisers you've been warned!!
Pros
Cons
Still employing bullies
I really enjoyed working for Paperchase. It was a great experience and a perfect first job. My colleagues were lovely and my manager was great. Would definitely recommend.
Working for paper chase was so much fun with all the fun and quirky products. The company is great to work for they really care about their staff and try to do the best by them as much as they can. every store has a fun environment which makes a great place to work.
Pros
great discount
Cons
some customers can be unpleasant
Good place to work, sometimes rather unorganised, it can be busy and stressful at times, being alone on the shop floor is usually a regular occurrence and can sometimes be difficult
Typical day was busy. Management was good. Workplace culture was clean and tidy. Most enjoyable part of working there was seeing all the new stock coming in.
I negozi Paperchase sono molto stimolanti soprattutto nel periodo natalizio, vista la vendita di decorazioni natalizie classiche e non.
A nice environment to work in, staff are lovely. A friendly environment with many customers to help and lots of jobs that can keep you busy in the store !
Relaxed environment but one that encourages you to work to the best of your ability. Supportive management and supervisors and colleagues. Learned about visual merchandising, and encouraging people to set up points cards. Hardest part of the job is over Christmas or school holidays due to the increase in tourism at Cheshire Oaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different types of customer from young to old and different interests which you can start conversation with them from what they're buying e.g. lots of craft things. The other members of staff also make it very enjoyable.
A great employer in the retail sector. Friendly culture from the top to the bottom. A decent work life balance although the demands around festive periods was quite intense.
The management bully the workers they don't like, shout at you in front of colleagues and when the colleagues try to stand up for you they are shut down too.
Many people kept leaving because of the management but obviously nothing will be done about that.

The work and pay were not so bad though.
Very poor work life balance, poor pay, no bonuses, management not supportive, never appreciated, extra long hours, never took all my overtime hours back, changes in rota even few times a week.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
The list is too long
I feel that Paperchase is the perfect place to gain retail experience as it's not too intense or stressful. I was taught everything I needed to know on my first day.
Love the products we sell. Grateful for the opportunity for self-development. Loved my team and the location which I worked. Customers are friendly and help work seem less like work.
The company was fine to work for. Was only there a couple weeks as I had another job and it was too much for me but the time I spent there was good. A bit boring but nice people.
Paperchase is a good company to work for, the staff are very friendly, large staff discount and enjoyable day to day work.

Pros: 50% staff discount, friendly team, easy day.

Cons: not great pay, can be long shifts.
not balanced workload
no personal or career development

not paid overtimes

no trainings provide

no support from area manager

poor stock allocation

not much access to improve things
Management don't know what they're doing, Area management do not know what they are doing...get spoken to like an idiot. Management like to sit in the office all day, bullying is allowed to take place...no loyalty from the company or head office.
Team were great to work with, and made interview/ training process very accessable to engage with and were positive throughout my time there. Some late nights but generally shift patterns were fair for a temp position.
I worked for Paperchase from
Nov 2018 until the store unfortunately closed down :(

I started off as a Christmas temp but they decided to keep me on which I was over the moon with.

Excellent company to work for, so calm & laid back.

Manager and fellow staff were wonderful and are now good friends.

Whilst working there my mental health had improved dramatically and would recommend the job to anyone!

Left due to store closure which is awful , we need to be supporting this amazing company and start opening more stores instead of closing!!
Hardest part of the job was working with money and being on the till. Sometimes the system would be very slow. Workplace culture was good everyone very friendly.