Papa John's

Papa John's Pay & Benefits reviews: Delivery Driver

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 10,858 reviews
The one in Llansamlet/Morriston
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Swansea19 February 2020
Allways late to get my monthly pay ,minimum wage, and to top it off they didnt pay us at all in june and closed the shop without any notice...
All and all SHAMBLES
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Low and late wages
Horrible Company
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 February 2020
The work itself is bearable, but went through five store managers in three months I was there, pay day is 15th of every month, never ever happens anywhere near. Had to wait week for wages or more. The company that own franchise don't have any contract details and works underhand.
Part time delivery driver
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire17 February 2020
I was working evenings shift pizza delivery and paid minimum wage plus whatever number of delivery I have made that evening. The working environment was clean and collaborative. Average pay £70 a day.
good people, bad company
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare11 January 2020
Papa Johns is an OK company to work for if your just looking to get by inbetween jobs. Poor Managment and practices, but the people are down to earth.
Pros
relatively stress free depending what your role is.
Cons
minimum wage. zero hours. no extra for working bank/public holidays which they will try make you do
workplace culture
Delivery Driver/ Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Hereford21 November 2019
Papa johns is very unprofessional. Most staff either get underpaid or not paid on time and will have to wait months for payment. You most likely won’t receive breaks.
Management haven’t got a clue what their doing.
Training you receive is the bare minimum.
Hours are very long and you probably won’t receive the wage that they advertise.
Not a place I would recommend to work...
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 November 2019
If you wish to be underpaid, not receive minimum wage and be asked to go pick up the managers family members from vaious places this is the job for you! Also if you're expecting your boss to have compassion with sensitive information and keep your private and intimate problems to himself you're wrong as they will be broadcasted to his family who work there and your fellow colleagues who you did not wish to know about your circumstances . Also he will not tell you upon starting but a week in hand gets taken from your first months pay and you will likely never see it again as I have not. Overall... AVOID AT ALL COSTS, IT IS SLAVE LABOUR!
Terrible place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil26 September 2019
Management act like tyrants dictating whether or not to give you hours based on whether or not you stroke his ego. Will be sent home early so you often dont even make enough for petrol.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
No contract
boring
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 January 2019
the most disorganised and boring place I have ever seen
they told me that I have a business insurance cover from business but when a friend of mine/colleague had an accident there is no insurance cover to cover him
surprisingly alright!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bromborough, Merseyside20 December 2018
actually enjoyed this job the manager was very fair / lovely with me during a operation that put me out of work had no problems sorting hours out ect was payed well and got free food .
Pros
free food nice manager if shes still there was a family business
Cons
not enough hours
Absolutely disgusting
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset5 October 2018
They expect you to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week and not even a free drink or free food. You have to pay for everything even though it’s over priced. Absolutely rubbish management well that’s if you can call them that and no communication. Best of all you only get minimum wage and if your lucky a £1 a delivery that’s if your lucky.
Cons
Very demanding work, highly stressful
Delivery Driver, Shift Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackwood3 October 2018
Easy work but very stressful and demanding
work shifts can be unsociable and not guaranteed the days you request. Best part of the job probably is meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
demanding stressful and long hours
Under pressure to deliver on time no matter what the distance is
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire6 September 2018
Expect to much from employees , duties get more and more as they add things and change the rules to suit themselves, keep paying wrong wages and make you wait for monies owed
Pros
50% discount on over priced food
Cons
Treatment of English staff
did not really like
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London9 August 2018
staff were friendly but the managers demanded a lot of us , I never use to get the shift I want and was stuck on 12 hours a week , for 3 days a weak would not recommend working here
Pros
free pizza
good 1st job
Moped delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Barkingside7 August 2018
easy to get into if you have the right requirements for the job. Easy to learn all the job roles, must stick to the time given for delivering pizza. good customer service needed.
Pros
discount pizza
Cons
unsociable hours weekends and evenings
Poor pay, unethical business practices
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 July 2018
Awful place to work. lots of Micro management from the top level. All staff members from drivers to store managers get paid poor money. You receive £1 per a drive if you are fast enough (80p if not). This was highly unethical as it encourages you to drive unsafely, particularly when you are on minimum wage and the extra 20p is hard to ignore for the pay you get. The only good thing about the job was having a laugh with your fellow colleagues.
Pros
Flexible Hours, colleagues
Cons
Very poor wage. Unethical business practices.
Friendly, fair and professional
Dispatch rider (Former Employee) –  Loughborough23 July 2018
Good management team. Flexible hours. Friendly workplace culture. Strict health guild lines but a good amount of freedom for employees to work comfortably and effectively during high flow hours.
busy workplace
Takeaway Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Arnold20 March 2018
paid well for a takeaway restaurant, the hours did effect my social life however that was only because i lived 35 mins away from store the manager at this particular store was a great guy however he was a poor manager
Pros
staff discount good pay
not fun working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham5 February 2018
I worked there in Cheltenham and the pay is very bad and they have a lack of communication which I find very bad in a fast pace company also you don't get an hourly rate you get paid as and when you get called in to work which mine was moped delivery driver.
Stressful and mediocre
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 January 2018
It was a job when I needed money. Not one that suited me or my lifestyle, therefore cannot highly rate. Nice enough people and good work discounts to be had
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Short Shifts
Fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire25 August 2017
This was an enjoyable job, relaxed atmosphere at all times and good rates of pay, being able to set my own shifts enabled me to have more of a social life and enjoy my job even more
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
Not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K