Papa John's
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Papa John's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom503 reviews
New management made it unpleasant to work there. Job was put on indeed before the owner had even met me and other members of the team. Issues with parking tickets and owner not sorting it out after being told numerous times it was sorted when it wasn't. What was wanted, asked for and meant were 3 different things and still didn't know what was going on. I can deal with stressful environments but this was taking the bisc.
Pros
amazing colleagues, staff discounts, trying new product's before the public
Cons
constant parking tickets
shifts get cut massively and only on shift after an hour. Completely pointless. I eventually left due to having a new, better job but also left due to my mental health that I’ve been struggling with during my time.
Pros
Fab colleague
Cons
Reducing shifts, told to go home after an hour, mental health gets affected badly.
The boss is a great person who I have worked with for nearly 2 years, this is a great environment to work at with supportive people around you to always help, you are required to work hard to help get the job done
The job itself wasn’t good pay but it was enjoyable because of the colleagues I had and the team leader was very kind. If you need urgent money and live in London which is expensive, I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Management were great but the relaxed style of work has made staff unreliabable, and would be expected to drop your day off no rush in, but management seem to always try to solve the situation
Pros
Really nice people and if you can put the hours in well worth it
Cons
Staff and Rotas
I loved working at papa johns it was more like a big family. The team were all friendly and helpful. As long as you are willing to work to the best of your ability and use common sense as well as have the ability to follow instructions then it’s a great place to work.
This is the worst framchise to work for. They have got romanion people working on £4 an hour. Which they will favour them over others. Hygiene standards are the worst. Please do not eat from here they dont wash hands after smoking. They reuse pans etc.
The managment is the worst. They also will not pay you ontime
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not a job
It is a good job working in a fast paced environment however it is an extremely stressful job hardly getting anytime away from work getting texts and phone calls about work on days off and after shifts.
Papa johns is a great we place to work managers great, get along with all the staff and Just make your shift enjoyable. Some of the things that’s annoy me tho are that even when the shop is really busy people still won’t do there job properly and expect people to pick up behind them. My pay also needs sorted out I feel I’m getting underpaid for the amount of work I’m doing.
Pros
Manager and drivers are great to work with.
Cons
Can find yourself doing most of the work.
You’ll get called in hours before your shift starts saying you have to get there ASAP. The pay is rubbish and isn’t worth the headache. Your getting paid peanuts for a job that your using your own car and being told to speed up and get the delivery done quicker. Don’t recommend and work there!
Cons
It can get very busy especially at weekends, working here can be fun however your hours are not guaranteed and can be sent early often which can get annoying.
Pros
discounted menu
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed
I’ll start off by addressing it’s a franchise, the owners don’t Care about their employees and won’t hand out correct uniform and expect you to pay for it out your own wages with trousers / shoes, good luck getting a payslip unless you threaten to take them to acas/hmrc, if you show you’re keen to learn... yes, you’ll get promoted and once promoted you’ll be screwed over by a ridiculously low wage increase and unsupportive management
Pros
Free pizza (if you mark it as wastage)
Cons
Management, lack of payslips, job security, wages, closing by yourself with not a lot of help from other employees
NEVER WORK HERE!!! PLEASE!! It's honestly ridiculous. Staff are unbearably rude and the managers lack enough care. The place is filthy and no one cares if there are literal bugs on pre-slapped pizza's. Isn't that horrible? Would never recommend you work here, poor salary, poor customer service, just poor everything to be fair.
Pros
Easy job to get
Cons
It's horrible
I'm a very qualified person as are all other members of staff. This is our casual employment for extra income. I've never worked with a better, friendlier group of people.
Pros
Friendly staff, busy, enjoyable
Cons
Minimum wage, some customers treat you like you are worthless or uneducated.
The staff and boss were nice. We made a good team and worked with each other quite effectively. The salary wasn't great but it was good considering I was at the Uni at the same time.
depending on the store expect min wage for maximum effort
and no breaks and expect for health and safety laws and working time regulations to be ignored
It was an good experience that I have as a duty manager and work with team. K learned a lot of thing as skills and punctuality. It is a good place to work as a team member.
Papa Johns is a fun and enjoyable place to work at, and the only downside is the zero-hour contract, so I get less hours than I would want to. I would have liked 9 hours a day, but am only getting 5-6, sometimes less.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Zero-Hour Contract
The management are great, however it is a fast paced environment. You have to be reliable and good with people and the public. I have a couple of friends working with me too so that helps. I would highly recommend working here.
They are the worst company to work for. first they had me on £3.30 per hour had me travel from school to the middle of town to work for 3 hours then send me home. including travel i made 40 pence profit per day. i kept asking for extra shifts but they said "with more experience you will get more hours" but never did. instead when i expressed my concerns they then stopped giving me shifts. i continued to phone asking for when my next shift but the manager kept saying "when next weeks rota is up ill let you know" but still i have never had about another shift i was left waiting for weeks and weeks. i would not recommend anyone to ever work for papa johns
Pros
Free small pizza
Cons
extremely short shifts, minimum pay, will eventually stop giving you shifts and string you along when your no longer needed
enjoyed working here, made some good working relationships with staff and colleagues.
Job not secure and no contracts offered.

I have developed great customer service skills, and have a really good knowledge on the swansea area.

I enjoyed working as part of a team and i was punctual and meet my delivery targets.