Papa John's Employee Reviews

Found 441 reviews matching the search See all 10,612 reviews
productive and a fun place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge18 January 2020
I had a good experience here in this company. I enjoy everyday of my life working in here. salary is good plus benefits as well. colleagues are treating you well. there will be times that the shop is very busy but with all the staff I have it was very manageable. I would recommend working in this company.
Avoid papa johns
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon11 January 2020
The area managers treat you VERY badly.
Swear at you and bully you. Not worth the pathetic wage they offer. Do yourself a favour and go begging; you'd be better off!
good people, bad company
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare11 January 2020
Papa Johns is an OK company to work for if your just looking to get by inbetween jobs. Poor Managment and practices, but the people are down to earth.
Pros
relatively stress free depending what your role is.
Cons
minimum wage. zero hours. no extra for working bank/public holidays which they will try make you do
Barely employed
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Cleveleys10 January 2020
The manager evidently overhired, as I was never given a decent week's work. One week I was given one shift, and sent home after half an hour. On a Saturday evening in June. After that, I stopped calling to ask what my next shift was, a fortnight later the manager called to ask me if I could work on Saturday.

The manager was hardly ever there, and he didn't read my NI number correctly. When I pointed this out, he told me to leave a note on his desk. It still wasn't right the next week, so he told me to text it to him.

As for the job, you're actually given a polyester polo shirt to wear in a hot kitchen. I found I sweated less while wearing a t-shirt underneath! Also, you will be expected to provide your own beige pants. These will be covered in flour, as will your footwear, which will also have their treads caked with dough.

I would not recommend this job.
Never ever work here in your life!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk8 January 2020
Treated and spoken to unfairly by management, if you can call it management as it's highly unprofessional and didn't have a clue what they were doing. You are not seen as a person but yet as another piece of equipment. 0 hour contracts. False promises at inerview. Will never have a weekend off in your life and if you do so you will be guilt tripped for doing it. Horrible nasty management who belittled me every shift and physically made me cry on more than one occasion. Horrible horrible environment
Do not work here
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire5 January 2020
Management don’t have any interpersonal skills, people get sacked on the spot after working 14 hour shifts with zero break. it’s slave labour and if you question anything you are threatened to have your hours cut. They emotionally blackmail and manipulate people that the shop comes first before anything including bereavement. DO NOT WORK HERE
Don’t even waste your time going to the interview
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  All Aberdeen branches29 December 2019
Awful place to work l, the worst job I’ve ever had in my life by far, used to get asked to go pick up managers groceries and be their own personal taxi service on a daily basis
Was fun and relaxed wasn’t difficult at all easy learning with the team and great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk28 December 2019
I like working there as it was flexible to me, say if I couldn’t for any reason get to work I could ring the manager and tell him I wasn’t able and he would be understanding.
Can be enjoyable, pay is rubbish!
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 December 2019
Enjoyed working here for the most part, was a fun fast-paced work environment. Good chat with fellow employees and can have a laugh. Progression is available, however not worth it as they don't pay you any more money for being a key holder/supervisor in charge. Pay is the minimum wage for your age group, so I was the person with the most responsibility on shift and yet I was the lowest paid due to my age. Was on a zero hour contract and you often got sent home early or if it was busy it was just presumed that you would stay on to help. But if your looking for more hours you can often switch a shift. I would say it is a good first job, it gave me lots of experience and I learned a lot especially about how to deal with customers and customer service.
enjoyable place to work
Instore Staff (Former Employee) –  Surbiton, Greater London22 December 2019
Papa Johns is a is a fast food out let and as such work ours can be unsociable, however all the staff work as a team and all fulfil different roles through out the shift causing a good scene of camaraderie.
fun workplace
kichen assistant- driver (Former Employee) –  Surbiton, Greater London19 December 2019
get in to work get the moped ready for the day and if I was working in the kitchen I would get the kitchen ready for the days work my managers was good to work for and the work place was go to work in
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Very good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Haven thorpe park18 December 2019
Enjoyed my time at papa johns started in April 2019 excellent team to work with good communication excellent manager and assistant manager and laid back team
Don't go
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 December 2019
I have work for about 5 days.. 5-6 hours per day.. After 5 days I get after a month of trying to get my money only 160£. I don't recommend anyone to go and work not even for 1 min
They forgot me whilst I went on Holiday
Moped Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire3 December 2019
The mopeds were in illegal condition; I was left stranded for over an hour due to a breakdown and all they were concerned about was whether or not the customer had their order.
I called to ask when I was next needed in (there were no set hours) following a holiday; only to be told management had changed in my absence, and nobody told the new manager I was employed, and that he didn't feel he needed any more staff!
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 November 2019
To be honest everything is depends on your management. I work a year there with 3 management. 2 was perfect, they were very flexible with me but the last one is horrible! Indian management what you need to avoid! They just use people like objects. Now I need to fight to get all of the money what they owe me and probably I need to go to tribunal...
Dr
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 November 2019
Manager has no empathy, can only see things from his point of view. Also, he is inaccurate but will always make excuses when things go wrong and expects you to wait and wait, even though it is his fault that the situation has arisen (same goes for arguments - he starts them and then blames the employee's attitude).
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Denton Newcastle23 November 2019
Very poor place to work your putting like 400 miles on your car a week and you only get a pound for each delivery the place is like a revolving door nobody stays I worked there for 10 months and I have seen about 20 people leave
Papa Johns
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth22 November 2019
Good place to work if you need quick money, but what is required from each staff member is now quite high, even early on into starting your job. Under new management so everything is a lot stricter and harsher.
Papa johns
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stoke Newington22 November 2019
I worked for 3 months at papa johns as a delivery driver. Staff was nice and easy to work with but was receiving regualar hours which I thought I was meant to have. The business could go slow at times and would regularly end up having short days of work which I didn’t find useful.
workplace culture
Delivery Driver/ Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Hereford21 November 2019
Papa johns is very unprofessional. Most staff either get underpaid or not paid on time and will have to wait months for payment. You most likely won’t receive breaks.
Management haven’t got a clue what their doing.
Training you receive is the bare minimum.
Hours are very long and you probably won’t receive the wage that they advertise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K