Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews

Found 151 reviews matching the search See all 1,061 reviews
Fun but also toxic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire18 January 2019
In this position, I developed new skills and strengthened existing ones such as: key customer service, product knowledge, upselling, and to take the initiative. My daily tasks as a sales assistant where to provide outstanding customer service, work well under pressure, and to suggest alternative solutions to customers. Throughout my time at Pandora I had to do a number of online training courses to keep my product knowledge up to date when new products where released, this would then increase my chance to upsell to customers. On a daily basis, we were placed under high pressure to achieve personal targets and to ensure the stores KPIs where all obtained.

Although I learnt all these key skills, management was very toxic as they cared little about there employees and only cared about themselves, there position in the company, and what benefited the company. An example of this would be when i asked management if i could only work an 8 our shift on Saturday instead of a 4 hour on Saturday and a 4 hour on Sunday to ensure i could have a day off on Sunday to complete college work, they responded with no and as i left the manager said to another colleague "If he carry's on complaining i will simply cut his hours" regardless that this was the first and only time i asked.
not what you'll think it is
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands17 January 2019
Working in Pandora was not good. Going in there as a customer is much different in comparison to being a sales assistant in there.
-shifts were always changed they put all temps on 13 days in a row
-unreachable targets therefore never get bonus
-try to change shifts night before
- management unapproachable and rude
- if you're new you might aswell say goodbye to be being treated the same
-expected to know how to do things straight away without training
- 30 mins break on an 8 and a half hour shift/some people got 12 hour shifts and 30 mins break
-for a luxury company you're treated awfully
Pros
55% off
Cons
everything
Enjoyable yet Challenging
Sales Advisor (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 January 2019
I got the job at Pandora as a Christmas Temp and immediately loved it. All the other girls there were lovely and wasn't alot of bitchiness as I expected there to be. However with the management they were each very nice however it seemed very much like it was 'us and them' seeing themselves as 'above' us. I was very disappointed to leave this job as I loved all my team and working in retail so would definitely like to apply again next Christmas.
Pros
Staff Discount, Great team
Cons
Long Hours no break
lovely people
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife15 January 2019
Only worked here for the Christmas rush but enjoyed every second with a lovely team and great pay.....................................................
Pros
good discount and pay
Cons
not much notice of shifts
Such an amazing work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City11 January 2019
Amazing people and managers
loved working their for the time period that I was there.
enjoyed every bit of the journey with the girls
so sweet and so lovely
Pros
Discounts
Cons
n/a
Fairly enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 January 2019
Started here in October and was let go in January, a typical day involved getting briefed then going on on my shift. Taking out jewellery for the customers to try on..etc.

The management was a bit of a mixed bag, some supervisors were lovely and others a bit unapproachable. The other people who worked there were lovely though and we had a good laugh together.

VERY fast paced environment, there were literally hundreds of people queuing for hours. The worst part of the job was rude customers but fortunately they were few and far between.

It can be back aching working on your feet all day but that's just the nature of retail. The only specific PANDORA drawback was that the break room was absolutely tiny, and I mean literally about 5 square feet. So sometimes when you were tired from working all day there was literally nowhere to sit.

Felt a bit screwed over when I was let go, as the permanent staff all got bonuses for their work over christmas (which I helped achieve) and the rest of the people who started in October didn't get anything either. But that was management's greediness and nothing more.

Overall, I didn't hate working there and would love to go back, but I think it's more of a 'it's not as bad as it could be' job.
Pros
Staff discount, lovely people to work with, better than usual retail jobs
Cons
staff discount being logged/ only being allowed to use it in your store, fairly critical management, felt like I was being used a bit, back aching etc
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire4 January 2019
Pandora is a great place to work. Many of the staff members are friendly and supportive and there is a very good vibe between colleagues. It is fun the majority of the time (unless the shop is filled with customers and you have to rush between customers)
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and tough management
Brilliant Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent3 January 2019
Having good management really effects the way you view work. When starting here, I instantly felt welcomed and comfortable with the rest of the team. Such kind and lovely girls! Would definitely re-apply for a full time position.
Pros
Busy days make the shifts go quicker, brilliant pay, reasonable hours
Cons
half hour break
Fun and enjoyable
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester2 January 2019
Having been my first job with Pandora the amazing team made it so enjoyable and a really welcoming place to work. The shifts were usually very busy. It helped me learn the "tricks of the trade". The hardest parts was the sheer speed we had to work at but once we were used to it, it was no longer an issue. The most enjoyable part was the staff as they were all so lovely and looked after us very well.
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
Long shifts on feet (But goes quickly so not too bad)
Busy and exciting
Christmas Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London1 January 2019
I worked for Pandora as a Christmas consultant. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, however it must be noted that myself and multiple other Christmas Temps. were told there will be multiple opportunities for people to stay on after the Christmas period and were encouraged to reach sales goals and high performance ratings in order to stay. We were then told on our last shift no one would be staying.

Besides this I found it very fun and welcoming (minus one member of management) and really enjoyed working for the company.
Pros
Free lunch (during busy periods), very supportive team
Cons
long hours, empty promises
Diabolical
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 December 2018
If your face doesn’t fit you aren’t welcomed
New staff never treated the best
Will chop and change shifts like no tomorrow without asking. Like adding additional shifts onto days off. 9 days straight without day off. Constant put on 5 and half hour shifts so they don’t have to give you dinner or breaks. If you work over scheduled time you aren’t paid. Pay is never correct but management always argue it. Forced to be in 10 mins before shift that you aren’t paid for to get a shift brief (which never happens till rota’d time in anyway), if not there 10 to your shift you’re “late” even if it be 9 minutes to the shift.
Pros
55% discount. Nice customers.
Cons
Bad training, bad management, unrealistic targets, poor pay, can’t belive shift pattern have to check rota everyday.
AVOID working in a franchised PANDORA store
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  England2 December 2018
Typical day involves general running of store, motivating team and driving sales KPI's.

Would NOT recommend working for PANDORA unless store is owned and operated by PANDORA themselves. Most stores are franchised so pay/benefits/discount will be much lower than what PANDORA advertise for their own stores.

Do your research before applying and avoid franchised PANDORA stores.
Pros
Working in an often busy store
Cons
Poor pay & benefits
Ridiculous expectations
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 November 2018
I was recruited for a Christmas temp job and I wasn't given adequate training before I was told to serve customers on my own, I was blamed for not knowing where everything was despite the fact I was a new member of staff and there were many items and they weren't always where they should be.
The manager of the store was very strict about sales and would tell you off if you forget to "push" sales.
I personally don't believe that Pandora Jewelry is worth what they charge, it's way too expensive for what it is with the exception of the shine range, so naturally I felt ashamed trying to sell their merchandise and so I left.
Pros
55% off if you actually like their jewellery
Cons
Inadequate training
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester11 November 2018
- Good pay and 55% discount
- Some managers were basically bullies
- Lot of pressure for sales
- A lot of unpaid training
- Very strict and unfair management
Pros
Good discount and pay
Cons
Awful managers
Store at Trafford centre
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester6 November 2018
I worked here for a long time and was on a poor wage ... I wasn't appreciated and was always made to feel stupid .. I was manipulated ...the hours were long underpaid very competitive ... poor management .... I felt as though had favourites and I wasn't one of them ... I was just a number in this company ... mystery shop was robotic
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours always made to feel stupid
terrible workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees21 September 2018
worked in the Teesside Park Retail store for a month, in which I felt like being one of the only male staff there i was pushed aside by the otherstaff. When I made a complaint against the assisstant manager it turned out the manager and assistant were really good friends from a long time and my complaint was made null and therefore nothing was done, shortly after my shift patterns decreased and eventually lost my job, also denied me for a reference.
Pros
nice owners
Cons
terrible management
Welcoming.
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whiteley14 September 2018
Everyone at Pandora was very welcoming and friendly. Even though i only worked there for a couple of months i found it very easy to ask for help if needed.
good
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim22 August 2018
nice friendly staff, nice clean and tidy environment, all black uniform required, good holidays and staff discounts, busy during seasonal times Christmas
fab
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport22 August 2018
No complaints, loved working for them great training, treat staff well and very helpful with any issues and very understanding, great management and lovely people
Fun and social workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 August 2018
A typical day at work would involve arriving alongside friends who were due to start at the same time and reviewing today's targets, any key updates on stock availability and things to remember before going onto shift. The management team are integrated, social and always there to help as this is reflective of the fun and social working culture at Pandora.
Pros
Working culture, staff benefits
Cons
job security and pay