PAGEANT MEDIA

PAGEANT MEDIA Employee Reviews

Come in read the emails and answer back the requirements I have now experience in selling event sponsorship and awards My colleagues were absolutely incredible people, who really put all efforts in to work. achieving numbers. Everything
Pros
Publishing Account Manager
Cons
normal hours
At times a good company to work for, interesting brands and travel, but company culture is pretty toxic, management is so poor, a lot of passing blame, a lot of people not feeling secure in their jobs and getting grief, quite a stressful environment to work in for the pay.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Toxic management/culture
Stay clear of Pageant Media unless you're young and just starting out in event/conference/advertising sales, in which case it might be an ok place to start (as long as you don't care about being honest with customers and happily trick them into spending money where they won't get any good ROI)... Be aware that they monitor all your professional and personal life as well and go through your e-mails, calls, internet browsing, mobile phone etc.
Pros
Some international travel to nice places. Some really nice, knowledgeable and decent journalists works there, but they are also forced to lie to make money for the firm.
Cons
Bad management that don't care about staff or clients, Will force you to lie to clients to make sales, Management has no integrity or care for clients or staff - is also fairly sexist against men
Very little in the way of internal politics, Pageant is staffed by highly competent, intelligent individuals who all pull in the same direction for the good of the company.
The work you do differs from department to department, but this is a plus if your skills are transferable. The management is always ready to help, however, depending in which office you work there might be a delay in getting advice to urgent queries. The work itself was challenging and interesting, with training provided and possibility to attend relevant courses/seminars. Overall the workplace offered a good balance of work/life, pay, perks and career advancement.
Company has a low skilled in management. They won teach you anything or give you training. Managers will lie to you any time they have a chance to get a benefit out of it. You wont get a chance to grow if you are NOT WHITE BRITISH! Average salary is 30k. Unless you belong to "the clan" then you can earn more. Thats how a Receptionist earns more than a studied average employee. Its all about low budget. They even save on toilet paper! No benefits unless the optional life insurance.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
the list would be too long to write everything down
The work can become quite repetitive. It is interesting up to a point but the learning curve then flatlines. Management... what management there is paints by numbers, uses a single strategy independent of employee. Whether Jungian or Freudian, metric, imperial or however you manage, whatever became of human common sense and taking an interest in people, taking care of them and maybe helping some of them advance a bit? Mediocre management, and mediocre management training for new managers, is the main reason for high staff turnover here. Beer social Friday, Summer party, Christmas Dinner in a foreign destination (Copenhagen Denmark, Paris, France) make the office climate better and make up for drawbacks to some extent.However, promises are not kept and the culture can be quite vindictive once you do decide to leave. Count on being fired and walked off the floor. Some have even gotten bad conduct discharges through no fault of their own.
Good Company to further career, good working environment Great Team spirit Good Product with good Intelligence Great Training and Management who help develop careers
The workplace is really fun to work in, and drinks are supplied for our hard work every Friday. There are some cliques, but the majority of employees/colleagues are welcoming and helpful. The workload is manageable, and the industry is never boring.
Pros
Work drinks supplied on Fridays and flexible hours should you have an appointment or engagement
Cons
Soemtimes high workload depending on events deadlines
Old-fashioned publishing company, office dress code, very hierarchical, no scope to develop a role or get promotion, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Company lunches, annual Christmas trip, no long hours
Cons
No scope to progress in the company.
The girl I worked with spoke to me like rubbish, I sat down and had a meeting with one of the managers and she took her side did not understand my points. Said you could work your way up in the business; which you couldn't. Also no training what so ever, hardly told you any information, so when you maybe didn't know what to do, it would be your fault! Awful company with awful staff and training.
Pros
I got to work within the different departments. They all took the time to give me a detailed talk about what they do and what their job roles involve.
Joined a very small marketing team (2 including myself) on around 10 publications and more than 100 events throughout the year. The team was very productive and passionate about promoting our products. The work culture was easily one of the best I ever experienced. Within just two months I'd grown very close to my colleagues, never felt pressured or guilted into staying late and the staff were often treated to drinks, quarterly lunches etc.
Pros
Quiet and supportive working environment
Cons
Non-competitive salaries