Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom223 reviews
Some days could be slow paced and others can be fast you need to be able to multi task as at anyone time you can be doing more then one thing,
You do get upto date training when needed
Your basically thrown to the wolves no protection for staff managers don't care for your safety you work with thieves not adequate training given horrible place to work in
Pros
You get to have a cashier job on your CV
Cons
Mental health will be at stake
My time at Paddy Powers was enjoyable although at times hardworking. I would highly recommend working here as you make great friends and they give you good bonuses.
Pros
Free christmas party
Cons
Having worked with another company within the industry I found that Paddy Power reward their staff better and also understand their customers needs.Agreat environment!
Pros
Professional dress code and up to date technology .well ahead of the game
Cons
Open early close late 7 days of the week
Great place to work but company getting to a point where looking into what you do is more important than service and what you give, the fun was taken out of it.
very friendly staff and management. easy to talk to and tell your problems. My first manager will always be the best person i worked with. the working environment is safe behind the counters but can be rough in some areas.
Utilizzo di problem solving necessaria inoltre necessaria capacita di comunicare in modo efficace con i clienti
Bookmakers generally aren't the nicest place to work. They tend to be dirty and gloomy, the clients are generally rude aggressive and unhappy (as is the nature of the business) and you need to have an extremely thick skin. Not for the faint hearted. Management prioritise business over safety and mental health of staff. On the plus side, tips can boost your income, and the shift patterns for some are very desirable.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Generally an unpleasant enivronment
A company that is so overwhelmingly under staff that senior or more experienced members of staff often work by themselves in at times hostile environments. Will be often moved at last moment because of staff shortages. Not the most pleasant of working environments.

The salary is very decent, very quick job to pick up and fellow workers are nice to work with.
The company are very fair and I go to work relaxed and ready for the day ahead! sometimes you are met with challenges but then that comes with any employment.
Overall I’ve had the best experience and time with paddy power I am going into my 7th year with the company and can’t yet see myself going anywhere else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paddy Power Plc?
Terrible place to work. Terrible management. I would 100% say do not work here. the stores are under staffed and ran by lazy managers. The managers are not the best at their job, Just the people who stayed in a bad job the longest. save yourself the waste of time. managers will work the rotas so they do all the easy shifts and leave people getting paid the least to work the busiest and hardest times/shifts.
Kept getting told bs about job advancement had continued asbo issues in my base shop nothing done to help from head office until 2 staff where attacked leaving the shop
The company its self is ok, the problem is the hrs you work. 20 hrs is done over 2 days. (no choice) They are not flexible. There hrs are set. U either finish at 6pm or finish at 10:30pm or by 2pm. Minimal hrs you can do a day 10 minus 1hr for lunch. They will not tell you this until you start the job and then you end up trapped ond overworked, you kids will suffer in the long run.
I dont mean to pour acid on the company but being consistently under staffed has messed everyone up,60-70 hour weeks have become the norm, if youre supposed to finish at 2 and the person relieving you calls on sick, you're expected to work all day. Its an easy job if you know about gambling and can deal with crackheads, otherwise dont bother
Deal with stress.
Let's you meet people from many different backgrounds.improves your one to one skills.

Willing to help out other shops come in on days off
Very challenging and great for someone looking for a challenge I enjoyed working but did not enjoy the hours not very ideal for a mother. You get some hard customers and some really polite ones
Used to be a fantastic place to work few years ago. Terrible wage rates for management within shops, paid less at times than people just starting with the company. Management above shop level are laid back, they get away with doing whatever the want and can make your life hard if they wish too. Such a shame how down hill the company has went in just the last 5 years.
If you hust want to earn quick money and don't mind the long shifts, this is the place. Spending your whole day in the shop is the worst thing ever literally doing a 14/15hr shift depending on your shop opening time. Some managers are great and some just to their job too much
Mad, boring, slow, fast.. many different ways this job goes from day to day, I was trusted with a lot very early and made me feel responsibility, which when in a job makes me actually care about the job a lot more.

Overall, very good experience working here, some downsides but mostly good memories.
I do not think this is relevant for what I am wanting to achieve I am happy to answer these questions at an interview in a confidential setting I love the people I work with
It was the worst workplace I ever had. Management was a bully, they dont care if u are sick, you always do the late shifts and have zero work life balance