PMP Recruitment Employee Reviews

Absolutely useless and discriminating
Warehouse Operative / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands21 September 2018
Just going through the application process was a nightmare, no help whatsoever, discriminating against slow paced people. Favouritism and most probably even racists.

It's just unbelievable and I think cause no one monitors how they treat applicants. They don't give a monkeys about anyone and it's so sad, yet lots of people want to work and better there lives.

Best to shut the place down (my opinion).
Cons
Worse agency i have dealt with
production operative (if i had been taken on) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire20 September 2018
Well what can i say apart from if you get invited to a induction at the Halifax branch at nestle. Unless you lie on your induction form and dont be honest you wont hear from them again. if you phone them to ask whats going on you WILL BE FOBBED OFF. Emailed head office in Northampton they were just as bad.... BE WARNED IF YOUR FACE DOSENT FIT YOU WONT GET ANYTHING OR HEAR ANYTHING..... IN short AVOID AT ALL COST.
Pros
Cons
everything
productive
parcel sortation (Current Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London18 September 2018
Sunday to thursday are Fast moving and hard work.weekends are great to work.Management is good sometimes.Mixed culture and different nationalities to work.
Review
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 September 2018
Unfortunately I had bad experience from working there. Management was not prepared to run the place properly. Behaviour was far of acceptable. I appreciate an opportunity has been given me, but i would not go back there.
É uma companhia agradável
Administrativa (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire7 September 2018
Tem alguns benefícios mas com um custo que nem todos estarão dispostos a pagar.
Don't trust PMP
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly6 September 2018
The work is mind numbing but that is not the problem. The problem lies with PMP who will give your four hours notice by text telling you not to turn up because there is not enough work. A couple of days later they might ring you back. This on a supposedly fixed term contract for ten months. Do not trust PMP.
Pros
You're not on the dole
Cons
Treated like the gash hand they see you as
Friendly collegues
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doncaster2 September 2018
Fast paced environment, high numbers of staff, long hours and hight perforamance standards. Demanding and stressful work place. Not a lot flixibility with shifts and days off
Do not reccomend.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee28 August 2018
Worked there for a good while and can honestly say it got worse and worse daily.

For a recruitment company who have been in the Dundee building for a couple of years now I struggle to understand why it is so hard for them to produce a simple rota, never heard of the like in my life. Waiting until half way through the week to change your shifts then not tell you about it.

Everyone who was not with PMP just assumed they were better than the rest. Shocking way to behave to fellow colleagues who are there to help and assist.

There was zero support for people having things to do outside of work, as in hosptial/doctor appointments, childcare, family issues, etc. Which was also really confusing considering they inssist you are on a zero hour contract, when it suits them.

Wouldn't reccomend anyone works here just from the shear way the staff are treated. The only upside is the people you work with, but other than that I can't come up with any good points to give PMP.

All in all the only thing I enjoyed about the job were my work mates. The work was constant and the unsociable hours did not help their corner, starting at 1am is harsh and not good on your body when all you get is 30 minutes of break. Seems like they wanted to generate more and more work each day.
Pros
Work colleagues.
Cons
Late notice rota, yes-man site 'rep', difficult working hours, long shifts, staff divide.
never reffer to anyone
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 August 2018
1) First of all the staff got very bad behaviour
2) There payslips are wrongly printed with wrong pay and tax shown.
data on p45 is also wrong extremely annoying company there are many things.
Pros
gave me fixed days for work amazon
Cons
pay your wage wrong
Petty
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales19 August 2018
This company is a joke, that saying about breweries and organising about sums it but. But there is the petty name of some of the staff more suited for the school yard.

Want to know more about PMP Recruitment?

Ask a question
Cancelled shifts and awful full tim staff
Packing Operative (Former Employee) –  Littleborough, Greater Manchester18 August 2018
Don't wast your time with pmp recruitment if you need full time work as you will spend most of your working week at home due to cancelled shifts. The full time staff are lazy and put all the blame on the agency staff if anything goes wrong. It's OK if you don't have bills to pay. There is no training you are thrown in at the deep end and expected to know what your doing. You are lured in with the promise of a good wage which is totally unattainable its a total waste of time.
Pros
Non
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Administrator / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Weybridge14 August 2018
A typical day at work is look like a typical day at work. I have learned a lot since I started to work for PMP. Management team is incredible. The hardest part of the job is:
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of food
If i could leave 0 stars I would.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria14 August 2018
Work ethic is all wrong, I got told by a line manager I could leave early at my break due to them needing faster pased workers bearing in mind it was only my second day, I went a spoke to the women in the office in charge of PMP staff and she said there was nothing else she could put me on and would give me a text.
I went home and waited on a text but got a phone call to basically say I have been sacked and to hand my stuff in at security. I went down to be greeted with dishonesty I was told to go home however I was told that I left site without proper protocol and when I asked how they said because I was ment to stay on site till 2pm, I was never told this and it seemed like the security guys agreed with me long story short don't work for them.
Cons
Worse company pmp in God name don't sign up
Picker (Former Employee) –  Asos barnsley13 August 2018
All the staff at pmp are slow disrespectful and no respect to people talk down to you no school grades between them I worked at asos Barnsley the only good things was keeping u fit they moan if u go toilet they moan if u don't hit your target they moan if u run they moan if u walk slow they moan the way u push your trolley DONT WORK FOR PMP
Pros
Keeping fit
Cons
Everything that pmp stand for
Poor overall
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex8 August 2018
Used as a recruitment pathway to gaining a job at the Amazon warehouse.

Their organisation management is incredibly POOR, I sent my application through them and informed them I wasn't able to work until next few weeks. By the time I was able to work, they informed me my shift will be ready, that was a lie.

Ended up waiting 5 weeks until they were able to provide me with shifts which is absolutely RIDICULOUS. Called them everyday to be updated on when I would receive my shifts and it was the same answer. During this time I was bounced around from phone number to phone number to be notified of my shift times, waiting on calls and on hold.

By the time they did call me for available shift times which was FIVE WEEKS AFTER. I began to explain the appalling situation when the caller HUNG UP ON ME. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY MEANS. Regardless of the employee - employers relationship this is disrespectful.

To PMP recruitment it would be wise to get your organisation sorted and explain to potential employees the situation instead of bouncing them from call to call and HANGING UP ON THEM.

VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Joke of a agency
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian6 August 2018
Horrible place to work ! A bunch of usless so called “supervisors” they don’t have a clue. Unless you do overtime they will always look down on you! Not worth it. The “supervisors” don’t even share a GCSE Between them. I have learned that I’m never going near this agency again. Useless and have not a single clue ! Beware.
Pros
Cons
Management, long hours, one small break!
Great
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Widnes5 August 2018
They made it a great place to work and always there if you need any advise or are struggling with anything the training with them is great also and is paid you really feel at home working with them
Pros
Paid training
bad atmosphere
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire4 August 2018
every one is quite rude and the hours are long hardly any breaks managers scream at you and make you feel really small really bad environment to work in
Pros
cheap dinners
Cons
long hours in the cold
Secure and Welcoming
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife2 August 2018
PMP were great with me individually always helping with any concerns i had and would go out their way to help my improve and when jobs were running low in amazon found a new department for me to continue working as long as possible.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Avoid anything with PMP
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk31 July 2018
This agency is no good. They take you on saying they have full time hours, but in the months I've been here I've not had one week of full time work. Most of the time we are sent home straight after lunch break. But they still take on more staff.
Some of the managers in the warehouse struggle with basic English. Each have their own way of doing the work, some managers will complain about the way you do things, after being shown by others to do it that way.
15 minute un paid break, not even time for your coffee to cool.
30 minutes un paid for lunch.
You are trained by other workers that don't have the time to stop and show you. Some have only been in the job for weeks.
They take on so many people who are clearly no good for the job.
Manager stands over you shouting that you must work faster, then stands around laughing and speaking in Polish with his mates. Sometimes he will angrily empty a few cages to show you how quickly it's to be done, try doing it that fast for hours non stop! Doing it his way only wore me out a lot sooner, and got us sent home alot earlier.
Some managers will run everything and everyone flat out, so they can brag to the other team managers how quickly they got the work done, and how early they could get the agency staff sent home.
You'll be lucky to get a pair of gloves. Don't lose the knife or it comes out your wages.
Much of the health and safety I've been taught over the years goes out the window here.
Asda would be shocked at the way XPO run this place.
Can't think of anything positive.
Pros
Will take on anyone
Cons
No work, but still take on more staff. Cancelled shifts hour before starting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PMP Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6