PA Consulting Group

PA Consulting Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
Great colleagues, poor management
PA claims to be a leader in innovation (or "ingenuity" more recently), but they cannot break with their own conservative business model. It's a great place to work and advance as a junior consultant or analyst. However, advancement opportunities evaporate just below Partner level. Also, as a point of caution, almost no one who is hired in as a Managing Consultant or Partner lasts more than 2 years.
All good, with a lovely culture. All co-workers are team players and are always willing to help where necessary. Work is generally varied and interesting.
Enjoyed working with PA
Was well lead and supported and empowered to get on with the job. Appreciated the confidence in my skillset and ability to manage the work in a mature and effective way. Grown up organisation that deserves to succeed.
Great people to work with
Management Consulting firm with focus on delivery for clients.
Great people to work with.

Fast paced and demanding

Working across lots of different organisations
Productive workspace with excellent work-life balance
Productive workspace with excellent work-life balance. People-friendly environment. Highly technical IT team. Effective management. Great place to work.
Adept at cutting edge technology deployment
It is an excellent place to work and opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies. Friendly colleagues, excellent management. Opportunity to learn and contribute. Excellent work life balance.
A better than average consultancy
Pros
-Some interesting work, large programmes

-Working with experts in their field

-Flat structure

Cons

-Sometimes assigned to client jobs and you don’t have a say

-You got to to work for your promotion and push the right people. You have no hand to hold.
Productive and fun place to work
Good variety of projects, a great place to work. Good benefits (decent salary, pension and health care) and flexible working. Good central London location
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PA Consulting Group?
Worthwhile
It allowed me to make a lot of progress in the industry I wanted to partake in, while also proving challenging to my skill set. It's certainly a good place to start at.
Great place to learn and work
The company has a great history and is a wonderful place to learn and collaborate. I learnt a lot about putting clients and there needs at the center of every bid and assignment.
Pros
people and culture
Cons
too much focus on utilisation
Absoutely horrible
Do not join this company, they're like a large recruitement company they will hire anyone with set expertise and force them to clients which doens't meet your skills. They also prioritize diveristy rather than hiring people for their skills/expertise, their whole model is confusing.

E.g. I interviewed as a full stack developer using node js and react for front end, once i joined for few months I had no project - I was forced to do proposals for other clients lying how great PA is for certain services. Then a project was offered to me which didn't meet my expertise, I was then told either I had to do proposals for them or join a client whom I wish I didn't work for.

Avoid at all cost.
Cons
Great place to work, fantastic culture. Hard work pays. I would highly recommend working at PA Consulting. Management really care about your career development.
Working for PA is very enjoyable. Busy environment and fantastic mix of people. Employees are well looked after and achieving healthy work/life balance is possible and encouraged.
A great experience
I was able to do a week of work experience with PA and given the chance I would do another. It was great to be able to go around every department and broaden my horizons on what jobs a business was made up of.
Amazing company to work for
A company that puts value in people. Amazing colleagues and fair management. Everyone in the company had a good work ethic. There were many opportunities to advance if you work hard. IT equipment is modern and always being upgraded. I would still be with them if not for life circumstances.

Only critcism is that the salary for IT/Systems is below average for the desired skillsets, however raises are annual if you perform well.
Pros
Amazing people, Successful company, Good job quality, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Lower than average salary for IT
Good company to work for
I recently joined Group IT Services. After my interview they very quickly made me a job offer, knowing I was also interviewing for other roles. After joining the company, I have found the culture to be good and people are helpful and happy to assist you as a new person. Getting access to the systems I need access to has been a bit of hurdle and perhaps PA's new joiner process could be better if systems a new employee would need were identified and accounts set up beforehand. Other than that, no real issues and I feel I am settling into my new job well.
Pros
Nice location, nice office, friendly people
Cons
Getting system accesses you need can be a hurdle
Needs better balance for lower level employees
The company was heavily biased to the benefit of the partners.
this has improved. Better external training required to ensure skills are kept up to date.
A challenging fun job
A typical day at work for me would consist of sonic welding plastic to construct packages for consumables in solid form.
I learnt that some plastics wouldn't weld properly and needed another form of joining them.

The management was too technical for me to understand

The hardest part of the job was to measure to the exact size. This was done to the exact millimetre. Too big and the packaging would be too loose and would fall apart. Too small and the packaging would split and wouldn't fit the necessary jig that was used.

The most enjoyable part of the day at work was knowing that you was able to have a lot of freedom, as long as the work specified was done on time and accurate.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
loneliness
Fun place to work
Work hard, play hard culture. Good pay structure and excellent bonus system. Good training and development opportunities. Chance to progress your career.
Some brilliant people and some not
Looking to grow but struggling to break away from confines making it a confused place to work at the moment. There needs to be some fresh thinking from the top
Great place to start your career
A great place to kick start your career in IT with a multitude of systems to learn about and a great workforce who are more than happy to help you. After a short while it is difficult to see where you can advance to within the company and so I felt it necessary to look further afield to progress with my chosen career.
Pros
The People
Cons
Difficult to progress
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PA Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.
PA Consulting Group Reviews by Location