PA Consulting Group Employee Reviews

A great experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London7 September 2018
I was able to do a week of work experience with PA and given the chance I would do another. It was great to be able to go around every department and broaden my horizons on what jobs a business was made up of.
Amazing company to work for
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourn, Cambridgeshire23 August 2018
A company that puts value in people. Amazing colleagues and fair management. Everyone in the company had a good work ethic. There were many opportunities to advance if you work hard. IT equipment is modern and always being upgraded. I would still be with them if not for life circumstances.

Only critcism is that the salary for IT/Systems is below average for the desired skillsets, however raises are annual if you perform well.
Pros
Amazing people, Successful company, Good job quality, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Lower than average salary for IT
Good company to work for
SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire23 July 2018
I recently joined Group IT Services. After my interview they very quickly made me a job offer, knowing I was also interviewing for other roles. After joining the company, I have found the culture to be good and people are helpful and happy to assist you as a new person. Getting access to the systems I need access to has been a bit of hurdle and perhaps PA's new joiner process could be better if systems a new employee would need were identified and accounts set up beforehand. Other than that, no real issues and I feel I am settling into my new job well.
Pros
Nice location, nice office, friendly people
Cons
Getting system accesses you need can be a hurdle
Needs better balance for lower level employees
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 July 2018
The company was heavily biased to the benefit of the partners.
this has improved. Better external training required to ensure skills are kept up to date.
A challenging fun job
Plastic Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Melbourn, Cambridgeshire23 November 2017
A typical day at work for me would consist of sonic welding plastic to construct packages for consumables in solid form.
I learnt that some plastics wouldn't weld properly and needed another form of joining them.
The management was too technical for me to understand
The hardest part of the job was to measure to the exact size. This was done to the exact millimetre. Too big and the packaging would be too loose and would fall apart. Too small and the packaging would split and wouldn't fit the necessary jig that was used.
The most enjoyable part of the day at work was knowing that you was able to have a lot of freedom, as long as the work specified was done on time and accurate.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
loneliness
Fun place to work
Group Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2017
Work hard, play hard culture. Good pay structure and excellent bonus system. Good training and development opportunities. Chance to progress your career.
Some brilliant people and some not
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 June 2017
Looking to grow but struggling to break away from confines making it a confused place to work at the moment. There needs to be some fresh thinking from the top
Great place to start your career
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 May 2017
A great place to kick start your career in IT with a multitude of systems to learn about and a great workforce who are more than happy to help you. After a short while it is difficult to see where you can advance to within the company and so I felt it necessary to look further afield to progress with my chosen career.
Pros
The People
Cons
Difficult to progress
Great people. Great company
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2017
Great company to work for if you're flexible and don't mind the clients you work with or locations. Work life balance is good by consulting standards but when you're working away expect to be on client site 4 days a week minimum.
Pros
Great people
Support Professional Growth
CONSULTANT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 January 2017
I was able to become involved in several different projects within PA, and they were very willing to support my professional growth. I was able to solicit feedback on performance from colleagues and partners and received feedback that I can take to support continued growth.
Enthusiastic
Print Buyer (Former Employee) –  London14 December 2016
Very friendly environment, great people, all dedicated to work. Great team of people.
Positive review.The company were very good to there employees
Hardworking but missing the boat
Director (Former Employee) –  London22 November 2016
Recently acquired by a private equity is making the company go into a negative spiral.
A lot of older employees who can hardly connect to younger folks
Defeatist bonus and compensation schemes (working only for a handful as the sales plummet)
This all affects the firms culture.
Day at work place
Postal Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria2 October 2016
Start at 8.30 ,deliver mail from another office . I have a weekly audit to do ,example fire extinguishers have to be checked .Couriers arrive at any time , signed for items then enter them in delivery book . Deliver items to clients , sign the delivery book and enter time delivered . All items have to be entered into computer system by email .Royal Mail arrives about 12.00 , sort mail and deliver to various departments in building .Also book couriers , City Sprint inland courier . Overseas courier is DHL , Use intraship 7,2 .Also help the other facilities members with their duties , filling photocopiers with paper and toners .I use a Pitney Bowes franking machine posting inland and oversea mail .I have a good knowledge of geographical places in the world , as it helps when sending items abroad .After 16.00 I prepare too despatch Royal Mail for collection ,and work for our other office .Any DHL items have to be recorded into computer , as monthly spreadsheet has to be sent to accounts . DHL arrives at 17.00 and any item must be ready for delivery driver .At any time of the day couriers have to be booked asap .Also bids worth millions of pound have to be sent out worldwide , priority has to be given to this . If I mess up business will be lost .I am very dedicated to my work , as helping the client is very rewarding to me .
Pros
servicing the client
Cons
no chance of promotion
Supportive and collaborative place
Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2016
Pros:
Great work place,
Very smart and friendly people,
Challenging but stimulating work

Cons:
Long hours like any other consultancies
Profesional, consistent, efficient and understanding
Temporary IT technician (Current Employee) –  London8 June 2016
Excellent overall! As of its location you can't ovoid a stressful commute but you can guarantee you will be working comfortably when you arrive. PA really treat their employees well. They helped me progress my IT skills and adapt to working in an extremely corporate environment. They are also supporting me in finding a new job as our particular arrangement was on a temporary basis. I was part of a great team and our line management and senior management were amazing. Extremely professional and consistent!
Pros
Over seas projects/ Internal oppertunities
Poor environment, boring work
Consultant Analyst (Current Employee) –  UK17 October 2015
Great promises during recruitment, but unless you are 'in the clique', work will be sparse, trivial and mind-numbing. Below-average pay.
Pros
Cons
Word limit restrictions
Great roles, undermined by poor management
Finance (Former Employee) –  London1 October 2015
Really varied interesting work, but it is very sink or swim. Blame culture is rife and staff turnover in some areas is sky high as a result. corporate support staff are treated badly compared to the consultants.
Pros
bonus
Cons
don't pay professional subscriptions, no season ticket loans for some staff, inflexible culture, long hours expected.
Senior Financial Analyst /Consultant
Senior Financial Analyst /Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, United Kingdom21 September 2015
 Firm knowledge and understanding of accounting, finance and audit processes, analytical abilities with special attention to details, problem-solving and business acumen skills.
 Develops a Risk Management Model comparable with the best practices; define the resources and business process needed to ensure best practice risk management and process it.
 Working on strategic planning, creating and overseeing risk governance process.
 Provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation.
 Self-motivated, with a high level of initiative, and able to meet multiple objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.
 Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Great Experience
Work Experience in SDS department (Former Employee) –  London1 September 2015
I was under a 2 weeks work experience placement at PA Consulting. My time there was enjoyable and an overall great experience. All my colleagues were helpful, efficient and welcoming. Work was not too over-bearing and there were many opportunities for work-based leisure. My time there allowed me to develop in all areas and gave me a drive for work.
Pros
Good location, friendly people, interesting work
Cons
Placement was not long enough
Good place for junior positions
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 March 2015
PA is a great company, especially when you don´t have much work experience. They organise lots of training programmes and you will have regular support from both an Assignment Manager and a Line Manager to monitor your performance against objectives and conduct your profesional career the best way possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PA Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.

PA Consulting Group Reviews by Location