P.D. Hook

P.D. Hook Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
They dont give you a chance there training is very poor and for the people who dont pick things up fast there ok but the people who are slow theres no chance you staying manager was not supportive embarrass people you take time of sick with a certificate all they do is hassle you would not reccomend wot so ever
The owners of the company are very fair. They expect a good job to be done but allow you to do it. Any issue you have and they are very approachable to help you resolve it.
lack of upper management! I started at the place and was giving a 6 month probation period in which time I was meant to complete a training program managers and area manager didn’t organise so the had to extend my probation period for another 3 months for there mess up.. in 8 month at this place I learned nothing. don’t waste you’re time, much more satisfying jobs that don’t put animals at mat welfare risk
Absolutely terrible place to work
Very poorly run by manager, his partner and son

Special jobs for favourite drivers whilst newer drivers get the hardest work

The manager is a tyrant whist his partner is even worse and the son favoured and promoted beyond his abilities

You will be expected to work like a slave and push your
As a former HGV driver live Haul I was Appalled by how the company was being run by the Transport Manager and Transport Planner.
They treated you worse than they treated the waste product from the dead chickens.

No strategic forward thinking. Lack of total respect when you try in vain to phone the office ( they don’t answer and cut you off ) even when 2 drivers were seriously injured all that was said was “ Are the chickens ok?”

If you want a job where you will break the rules of VOSA and do not care for your Health and Safety then this IS the company for you.

Don’t bother if you want to stay legal with your driving.
Pros
Didn’t have to sleep in the cab
Cons
Shifts even the devil wouldn’t work
I learnt a lot from this business in regards to chicken welfare and management. However, my personal experiences with staff and management of the company were not of the standard I expected from a business of that capacity.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at P.D. Hook?