Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
I was fortunate to gain great experience whilst working within the Oxleas Trust. Working in different wards and meeting people was fantastic.Very rewarding.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Parking difficult at sites
This was an extremely busy role , where I had type up 40 clinic letters a week, I had minutes for several meetings a week, I had also had to book a variety of types of appointments. I also had to book rooms as well. I feel this was a very supportive team with a great deal scope for career progression.
Being part of the admin team supporting a large clinical staff was stressful at times; it was easy to feel under appreciated by senior management as they did not always acknowledge us or what we could do.
I can't express how I feel about my work place now but later due to how emotional and disappointing I felt after my recent job interview to a higher position.
A typical day at work will include utilising all key skills as listed in my CV. I have embraced all opportunities of training to learn and further my personal development. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting the team to deliver an effective service and make a difference to delivery of patient care.
Fabulous and friendly team. Room for progression and career development. Family friendly and flexible working. Good working hours. Would recommend to anyone wanting to develop in their career.
A typical day at work with Oxleas was a professional but family-oriented environment where tasks were completed to the highest quality, and service users and staff felt valued and belonged.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
weak networking
Oxleas offers Lots of opportunities for growth and development. There are opportunities for flexible working hours and movement across departments via rotational and transfer opportunities. Great focus on Cpd.
Staff are helpful, supportive, hard-working and friendly. Management style tend to be hierarchical - not much consultation on matters affecting the whole team. Communications between teams are good generally. There appears to be lack of standardised method of doing things among the teams - these may be due to difference in boroughs.
There was no typical day at work by the very nature of the job. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team work was sometimes difficult or challenging according to the disposition of the service users on any given day. Staff were often injured, both physically and psychologically ( I was physically assaulted a number of times) by the very nature of the work involved. The one thing which definitely happened was that all interactions were accurately reported, recorded and documented with confidentiality and on a need to know basis. I learned to put aside my personal beliefs and views in order to provide as best a service as I possibly could in a consistent manner. Generally the workplace culture was very supportive and family-like. The hardest part of the job was the stress that having to be aware of maintaining not only ones own safety but also for the safety of colleagues and service users too. The most enjoyable aspect was working as part of a team dedicated to making service users' lives as stress free as possible under extremely difficult circumstances.
Pros
Good pay, part of a team
Cons
Stress levels
One of the most positive things about Oxleas is that they encourage the development of admin staff through training and development courses. Oxleas does supply flexible working hours for workers.
Pros
Training of staff
Cons
Parking in Greenwich is diffiult
Responsible for processing all aspects of the recuitment and selection process, from approval to appointment and the delivery of an efficient recruitment service, based on the best practice recruitment processes and the trust's recruitment and selection procedure.
- posting job adverts

- arranging interviews

- reference chasing

- ID checking

- on boarding (contract and site badge)
Pros
meeting new people and like recuritment
Cons
Polite and supportive staff. Going into a patient’s home, into their personal life, is a real privilege. You get to know them and their families really well and they’re always grateful for our assistance.
Pros
Location was convenient with easy access
Cons
Unplanned over time
Oxleas NHS foundation trust was a good place to work. There is Joe security and if you put in the effort it is possible to develop your role and move up the bands.
Good environment to grow your career. Supportive management
Highly recommended ENV for your clinical skills to be further developed. Good pay.

Diverse and stimulating environment
Pros
Good for your clinical carreer
Cons
pay can be better
Lot of recent changes and restructure. Trust has expanded into new areas of health provision and details of services are not shared with staff. Communication is often poor.
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
Reduced job security
Good place to grow in your career.
Friendly and diverse

Management is friendly and supportive

Provide good opportunity for education (paid by the trust)
I enjoy watching the patients recovery progress.
The Trust has lost it's insight into how hard staff work for the patients and now see it as a money making facility instead of a care provider which makes me very sad.
Cons
Poor rates of pay in comparison to other providers
Good environment to work at
Provided good opportunity for career development and clinical training

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in need
Seeking new challenges. Enjoyed my time with Oxleas always user focus. I have not regretted my time with them but it is my personal choice after working for so long with same trust.
Pros
Team working and supportive working environment
Cons
Work pattern not compatible prefers long days they insist on half days for regular shifts.
kind supportive colleague really make it a nice place to work produced more work in this environment. no micro management.
very team based environment.