Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Interesting work, prevelidged
Senior Suport Worker (Forensic) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 April 2018
There was no typical day at work by the very nature of the job. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team work was sometimes difficult or challenging according to the disposition of the service users on any given day. Staff were often injured, both physically and psychologically ( I was physically assaulted a number of times) by the very nature of the work involved. The one thing which definitely happened was that all interactions were accurately reported, recorded and documented with confidentiality and on a need to know basis. I learned to put aside my personal beliefs and views in order to provide as best a service as I possibly could in a consistent manner. Generally the workplace culture was very supportive and family-like. The hardest part of the job was the stress that having to be aware of maintaining not only ones own safety but also for the safety of colleagues and service users too. The most enjoyable aspect was working as part of a team dedicated to making service users' lives as stress free as possible under extremely difficult circumstances.
Pros
Good pay, part of a team
Cons
Stress levels
A Trust that encourages development of Admin staff
Clerical Officer (Health Visiting Service) (Current Employee) –  Greenwich1 April 2018
One of the most positive things about Oxleas is that they encourage the development of admin staff through training and development courses. Oxleas does supply flexible working hours for workers.
Pros
Training of staff
Cons
Parking in Greenwich is diffiult
Oxleas
Recruitment Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Bexley, Greater London14 December 2017
Responsible for processing all aspects of the recuitment and selection process, from approval to appointment and the delivery of an efficient recruitment service, based on the best practice recruitment processes and the trust's recruitment and selection procedure.
- posting job adverts
- arranging interviews
- reference chasing
- ID checking
- on boarding (contract and site badge)
Pros
meeting new people and like recuritment
Fun workplace
Community Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London3 December 2017
Polite and supportive staff. Going into a patient’s home, into their personal life, is a real privilege. You get to know them and their families really well and they’re always grateful for our assistance.
Pros
Location was convenient with easy access
Cons
Unplanned over time
Great workplace
Full time support worker (Former Employee) –  London30 October 2017
Oxleas NHS foundation trust was a good place to work. There is Joe security and if you put in the effort it is possible to develop your role and move up the bands.
Psychotherapist at Oxleas
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Greater London5 October 2017
Good environment to grow your career. Supportive management
Highly recommended ENV for your clinical skills to be further developed. Good pay.
Diverse and stimulating environment
Pros
Good for your clinical carreer
Cons
pay can be better
Average for NHS trust
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London17 August 2017
Lot of recent changes and restructure. Trust has expanded into new areas of health provision and details of services are not shared with staff. Communication is often poor.
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
Reduced job security
Good place to grow
Principal Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  London13 July 2017
Good place to grow in your career.
Friendly and diverse
Management is friendly and supportive
Provide good opportunity for education (paid by the trust)
Not the Trust it used to be
Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London11 July 2017
I enjoy watching the patients recovery progress.
The Trust has lost it's insight into how hard staff work for the patients and now see it as a money making facility instead of a care provider which makes me very sad.
Cons
Poor rates of pay in comparison to other providers
Good evironment
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2017
Good environment to work at
Provided good opportunity for career development and clinical training
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in need
No comment
Psychiatric Liaison Nurse / Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  London U.K.29 March 2017
Seeking new challenges. Enjoyed my time with Oxleas always user focus. I have not regretted my time with them but it is my personal choice after working for so long with same trust.
Pros
Team working and supportive working environment
Cons
Work pattern not compatible prefers long days they insist on half days for regular shifts.
lovely supportive collegues
su panelist interview administrator (Current Employee) –  Shooters Hill8 March 2017
kind supportive colleague really make it a nice place to work produced more work in this environment. no micro management.
very team based environment.
Challenging and rewarding
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London28 January 2017
It can be very busy at times and you have choices for secondment. It is nurse lead team and new staff has to shadow staff and complete competences assessments and deem competent before you delegated tasks.

The hardest part of the job is doing a late shift then back on a early the next day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing lifeskills and going on outings with the clients.
n/a
Resourcing Officer (Former Employee) –  Dartford9 January 2017
• Processing all aspects of the recruitment and selection process, from approval to appointment and the delivery of an efficient recruitment service, based on best practice recruitment practices and the Trust's Recruitment and Selection Procedure.
• To complete the above I am fully trained in using the following programes: NHS Jobs, Stepchange, ESR, Image Base.
• To provide first line support to recruiting managers across the trust advising and guiding on all aspects of the recruitment process in accordance with local policy and national legislative guidelines.
• To provide effective advice and support in a timely and proactive manner to all candidates who are going through pre-employment checks in order to join the Trust.
Review
Healthroster Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent29 December 2016
I do not wish to provide a review but I can describe my work. It involves administering the database for NHS staff rostering, dealing with telephone and email enquiries from managers and staff users about using the system, setting up and maintaining user accounts, unlocking the system and correcting user errors, booking staff onto training courses, providing administrative support to the Healthroster advisory team in the HR Directorate.
Average
Health Care Assistant Band (Former Employee) –  London6 December 2016
Well well well... Not bad , met some good people who were supportive . First week at work i wanted out, reason is was not used to the things i saw .
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Reserve my comment!
typical day
Ward Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidcup7 September 2016
am on a temporary contract with CQC, unable to say what a typical day involves. CQC are accountable for services provided in care. the pros for the job will be the3 care the patients are receiving
Pros
improving standards for patients
Cons
Fast paced and interesting.
Rapid Response Team Administrator (Bank) (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, ENG17 November 2015
A role where my skills and aptitude are put to the test daily. An ideal environment for personal development, where initiative and quick thinking are recognised and appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is listening and getting the right help to those in need, in a timely fashion.
Pros
Committed team
Cons
Parking
Diverse experiences working in a foreign country.
Geriatric Mental Health Social Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 January 2014
A typical work day would be from 8am-5pm with an hour lunch. I was able to learn the British theory of social work, which is a completely different system (pros and cons), while serving the senior population. This gave me an opportunity to question and better understand the American theory. My main purpose was to help seniors stay in their home with additional supportive services and not be transferred to a Skilled Nursing Facility. I worked side by side with a diverse team; RN, MD, psychiatrist and other outreach social workers all in the same office. The most difficult part of the job was to advocate for my clients well-being when challenged others opinion. I truly treasure this experience abroad because I was able to better myself both personally and occupationally through self growth.
Pros
Worked in a National Healthcare system.
Cons
Only able to stay for a short period of time
Very supportive environment
Student Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bromley EIS22 August 2013
I did my final placement (6 months) working within the Trust Early Intervention (Psychosis) Service as part of my Degree programme.

Conducting mental health assessments of service users referred to the team for support.
Writing assessment reports to provide recommendations for the referral team to allocate resources.

Attending Care Programme Approach meetings and update individual care plans.

Carried out follow up appointments to monitor progress and report outcomes of support programmes.

I reviewed the cost of care provision against agreed budgets.
Acted as an advocate for service users to receive and provide feedback to the Trust.
Pros
Regular supervision
Cons
N/a