Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews
Nice company but NHS agenda for change does not cover the Oxford living rate so unfortuently I could not afford to continue working without picking up extra shifts onto of full time work.
Raglan House was an awful place to work. They refer to you as your band especially certain members of management because you're a lower band than themselves. They were patronising and false. Not genuine people at all.
I would not recommend this trust! There’s too many managers that bully and intimidate hardworking staff. Despite raising concerns nothing happens, the trust continues to loose dedicated staff due to incompetence managers.

Staff are expected to move and change shifts to cover shifts without being asked.
Very busy work environment, good L&D support, some opportunities to progress. Some managers are very good whilst one or two are bullies. Workplace culture is generally OK unless you get on the wrong side of one or two managers.
Although job satisfaction and personal development depends significantly on your senior managers, the NHS can be a great environment to work with flexibility whilst developing you personally over time.
Pros
Flexibility in working
Cons
Good and bad characters, like any organisation.
Not a nice place to work. Internal bullying is a massive issue and staff dont get the recognition that they deserve. Throughly enjoyed looking after people and making a difference to peoples lives but other than that I had no enjoyment from my job.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Long hours, bullying, no recogonition
The role is extremely demanding, poor relationships between management and staff and a extremely high staff turn over!!. Very little integration with other cultures within the work environment and management are not qualified to make any decision.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
poor management, ignorance
Every day was different,unpredictable. I learned a lot about the mental illnesses but it wasn't easy nor enjoyable, but very sad, usually. The most enjoyable part was to see unwell patients getting better.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Dangerous situations - often
A fantastic job working alongside clinicians and support staff whose commitment to their patients and the service is unquestionable. However senior operational management and their attitude to staff during a restructure was very poor indeed.
Dream job but low pay makes you feel devalued as a practitioner, especially when you compare your salary to what others are on in the same profession to you (NHS nearly £10,000 less) Unable to keep staff, which means they pay more to employ agency workers whereas if they gave their permanent staff better benefits they might not have this issue
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Rubbish pay
The worst job I have ever had

Bullying managers, lack of support and minimal supervision. Managers collude with one another to deny there are any problems in the team that are deeply systemic. Moral was so low that the only option was to leave. The rot started at the top and worked its way down. No opportunities to develop and no one interested. Hours worked were well in excess of contracted hours yet managers always left on time. Performance targets were more important than the patients. HR were useless regarding any concerns raised and always defended managers
Pros
Cons
As stated
Oxford's Community Dental Service provides care for so many different patient groups and the dentists and nurses are both very involved. It is completely different to working in general practice, but in a positive way, all staff are highly valued and the teamwork is so important. The service has one awards for it's patient care and you can go home every day feeling pleased with what you have achieved and the care you are able to deliver. Everyone is helpful, hardworking and enthusiastic and most importantly everyone is well supported by their colleagues and managers.
The salaries increase annually, and we get a generous 27 days annual leave, as well as bank holidays, which also increases depending on how long you have been in the service.

The service offers amazing patient care, a wide variety of dentistry which you don't get in general practice, support with career progression and CPD and every member of the team is highly valued and respected.

I could not imagine working outside of community dentistry in the future.
Pros
All of the above
Cons
Working in community dental at Oxford health gives you so many opportunities and variation. Within the service we have a chance to do GA, sedation, CPD, post grad courses, CBT, oral surgery and so much more. We also work with a variety of patients with mental health, learning difficulties, anxiety, physical disabilities and more. Working with such a big variety of patients is very rewarding and you really feel like you've helped part of the community and put your stamp on it.
I thoroughly enjoy coming to work and caring for those who need our help and support. I love working in a big team and would defiantly recommend working here if they feel they want to make a difference and enjoying working in a large team!
A busy AMHT in a central location with a diverse population of clients.

Workplace culture was dedicated to ever improving service delivery and patient care.

Responsive, caring team, dedicated to patient safety and wellbeing.
Pros
Wonderful team
Cons
Busy
The Podiatry team is very supportive, friendly and welcoming. I have really enjoyed working here so far, and I look forward to continuing to learn and develop in my role.
Highly trained staff with years of experience. You rarely work alone and have the full support of a friendly team. Plenty of incentives with great opportunities for career progression (all bands).

The most attractive aspect is the ability to liaise directly with consultants from other multidisciplinary settings e.g orthopaedics, vascular, rheumatology, tissue viability and dermatology.

We are also very fortunate to have a dedicated diabetes team who are very knowledgeable and only a phone call away! If you're keen enough they will accommodate you on a rota basis!!

Most importantly an excellent and motivational operational/professional lead who has the interests of her staff and patients at heart.

It has been an absolute honour to serve such a dedicated team. No doubt, the most satisfying phase of my career of working for a total of 12 trusts nationwide.
Pros
Excellent leadership and teamwork
Cons
Distances between clinics
Staff are dedicated to doing their best for patients under their care and it is a friendly team to work for who support one another. There is always someone to go to for advice and management were supportive when I needed to work flexibly.
The trust computer system could be improved though as has slow periods.

On the whole a great team to work for with opportunities to develop & progress
Pros
Friendly, flexible, patient care good
Cons
Computer can be slow
Managers haven't got a clue they are too comfortable sitting in their office don't know what's going on in their hospital. Not helpful or supportive.
Work very stressful lots of agency can't seem to keep staff while trust needs an overhaul lots of areas could be improved to save money
Pros
Cons
you pay for parking
Interesting and can be challenging. Good training opportunities.
helping people daily is a major part of my job and I enjoy it.

It helps to know that I work for an organisation that helps put meanings into people's lives
Pros
Accessible
This was probably the best job I have had, I have worked within the NHS for 30+ years in many managerial roles, this was the one I will recall with the most fondness. I was able to make many service improvements with the support of both junior and senior staff.
I miss this job and staff, very sad to leave
Pros
Mangerial support
Cons
Had to leave
very complex work but lack of management bully staff and not able to pick up extra shifts and complex issues but some staff were good good wards and but challenging mental health issues
HR is awful
Pros
free food on shift if there is any left over
Cons
rude staff and bad management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7