OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY

OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom89 reviews
Busy, bustling and friendly environment amongst staff and students. Summer school placements where always active. Great atmosphere. Worked across campuses.
Pros
Working near countryside
Cons
Tending to fire alarms in student accommodation, when they burnt toast :)
This was a really enjoyable student friendly job, with very flexible shifts and times, my role was based around open days and acting as a faculty representative for my course (Geography BSc) which
Supporting 1st year students from the Biology department in a Maths Module, is very invigorating and fills you with pride as you assist in leading small groups in structured sessions, and occasionally running drop-in sessions. Helping to develop students’ understanding and skills in Maths, particularly algebra, pH calculations, use of graphs and logarithms, to bring skills up to the required level.
Pros
Reasonable hours, Working with others
A great workplace culture with a respectful, engaging and inclusive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience of working in a university.
The University as a whole is a great place to work with competitive salaries and great staff benefits.
Some departments however don't seem to have the same overall picture with poor staff and management relationships.
a good team to work with. There are over 7000 students in residence and our main role was to manage their accommodation standards and ongoing requirements' to make their stay a positive experience.
I had a part time job at Oxford Brookes Univertisty as a Student Support worker who supported students with disabilities. I was responsible for attending lectures and taking notes for students that required extra help.

It was an challenging but amazing experience at the same time. I gained an insighted into many different subjects from various degrees and at the same time helped disadvantaged students with their studies. It really was a rewarding experience and I had to be fully commited to attending classes as the students were relying on my help.

I would definitely recommend this job to anybody as I was well looked after and the university staff would support me with any enquiry. Moreover it was a well paid job in comparison with any other students' part time jobs.
Pros
Flexible hours, extra work always available
Working with students regardless of role will always be stressful. Stress can be a good thing and is often very rewarding when supporting students and colleagues.
Working with the different students is great to help them adjust to university life and living in a different city or far from home. Also nice to help them with any problems they have and want to discuss.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY?
The University is great and the staff are brilliant. Slight issue with management not taking into consideration the needs of the team but this is only in one team within one faculty. Very social and work culture is good. Relaxed environment and no one is micromanaged. Thoroughly enjoyable environment to work in.
It was one of the best job I’ve ever had. Good atmosphere, really friendly people, easy job. The best time of my life! And the best staff members! Really like it!
Contracted to work there in ICT as part of Estates transformation projects.
Thoroughly enjoyed the work. Enjoyed the environment. Like working with colleagues. Positive attitude to work and making a useful contribution.
The work environment was great and we were like a part of a family. Each day is different in the kind of work done. Evary one in the team helped me to gain more experience in my post.
• Manage the content and functionality of the faculty intranet and internet websites, interim sites and microsites including developing and evaluating site architecture and navigation, design, copywriting, programming and content, within the brand guidelines of the University and working with the central web team and IT team to manage the use of servers where appropriate.
• Responsible for maintaining the content updates in the site through Ektron.

• Assist the Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of the strategic direction and plans for the Faculty’s online and digital presence.

• Be responsible for quality assurance of the Faculty’s web content.

• Build relationships and work effectively with Faculty and University staff to develop appropriate web content to promote the Faculty.

• Integrate zoho creator form on the site pages.

• Provide regular reports and analysis on web and digital media usage and trends using Google Analytics and on-line sources and advise on future developments and opportunities and the direction of web and digital delivery.

• Undertake ad hoc projects and work as directed by the Marketing Manager.

• Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans of the Faculty, enhancing the online presence and overall image and awareness in order to advance the faculty’s goals and mission
Great place for a student part time job. University was ver flexible and respecting of study requirements. working hours were not overly demanding and the environment was generally a supportive network throughout campus.
Oxford Brookes University is a public university in Oxford, England. It was founded as the Oxford School of Art.
It is a good place to work, gathering high educated and open minded persons.
Oxford Brookes is friendly and collaborative, a joy to be a part of and I loved my time there. Lots of opportunities to expand if you wish to and I attended a Student's Mind course to learn more skills
I have worked with Oxford Brookes University for sometime now. It is a very supportive and progressive place to work. I have learnt a lot in my present position and staff have been very supportive to my development. I will encourage anyone thinking of working here to go for it.
please don't work for oxford brookes residences recruitment what ever you do!!! unless you want to be bullied by some of the senior members of staff and be bullied and discrimated by the bosses.
I have a disablity that i told them about but they still gave me a summer cleaners job the induction and training went ok then came my first week of work which went ok apart from some of the senior staff bullying me then came the second week i went in to work that second week to find that i had been sacked when i didnt do anything wrong. i feel that this is bullying and discrimating i mean why would they give me the job and then sack me after a week what was the point in that, they did not give me any warning that they would be sacking me they must have talked about it behind my back. I will be taking the company to an unfair dissmal court if i can. they havent even paid me for the week i did for them

so please dont work for this company as they are bullies and will discrimate you!!
Pros
nothing!!
Cons
a lot of bullying and not willing to give all people a chance at the job
Worked as a student ambassador, fantastic place to work. Always willing to adapt to your needs and accommodate changes within your academic course. The staff are always friendly and the jobs are always interesting.
This job allows you to work as much or as little as you want so the work/life balance is great. The team (management and colleagues) are all very supportive also