Oxfam Employee Reviews

bénévolat
Assistant financier (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear13 September 2018
structure ou j'ai eu a faire du bénévolat très accueillante chaleureuse bonne ambiance de travail.
Enjoy every minute
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow11 September 2018
Have such a great experience, work with lovely people. It’s a music shop and it’s great to be able to help customers find what they need and to go through the stock.
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London11 September 2018
okay shift okay day okay busy at time funn learning about the tills and customers were helpful. Sometimes elderly and rude. howver fairly decent quite quiet so quite chill
Appropriate to work there
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town9 September 2018
Typical day was either sorting through donations, re stocking shelves or serving on the till.

Hardest part of the job was other volunteers who wasn't very nice which made me feel uncomfortable

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and helping them with the purchases when needed and helping out the backroom sorting through donations and sorting stock out was all toward a really good charity and a amazing cause.
Pros
Paid lunches, flexible hours.
Cons
Volunteers with bad attitude towards other staff members and customers
Independent and enthusiastic
School Oxfam Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Menai Bridge9 September 2018
As an ambassador, you are allowed to create your own fundraising activities with freedom and encouragement. Gave me more confidence and speaking skills as an individual.
Shop Assistant
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria7 September 2018
Organise books and toys in the right places, keep clean the area to make the costumers feel welcome and give a good impression to your other colleague and supervisor.

Be friendly, positive and smile to the costumers to ensure they always welcome and at by the end of the day check all electrical devices had been switch off before the shop is close.
Pros
Tea and toilet breaks
Cons
for open to closing time
Productive and fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Altrincham6 September 2018
I enjoyed having my work experience there as it opened my eyes to how retail works and did jobs such as book stacking and till working. Also, it developed my skills of meeting new people as I met new volunteers every day during the week as well as the new customers.
Pros
Play music while working
Cons
Not many customers came
Really liked over there
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Guildford4 September 2018
When I did my voluntary work over there, the people were very nice to me, we would always have something to eat at the back and they would always try and help others.
Pros
Nice people, food
Cons
Not getting paid
enjoyable first job
store assosciate (Former Employee) –  Romsey, Hampshire4 September 2018
loved my part time volunteering. Fantastic experience and a great way to meet lovely people. rather easy job to have with a great staff and in a beautiful place.
Pros
great staff
Volunteering in a busy high street charity shop
Volunteering as a customer care assistant (Former Employee) –  Surbiton2 September 2018
I was part of a small team running a busy charity shop on the high street of Surbiton, helping the manager to attend to the customers, stock the shelves and sort through the donations.
I learned how to focus attention on the customers, deal with their needs, and help them find what they were looking for.
I reported to the manager, restocked the shelves and clothes racks, and sorted through clothes in the stock room, deciding what should go out, and find the best location in the shop for them to be placed.
I learned how to operate the till, handling cash and credit card transactions, and match till receipts to transactions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The hardest part was dealing with the huge number of donations, but that also was rather fun finding some great treasures.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Great
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Otley2 September 2018
Lots to do lots of new people to meet diverse tasks to complete good manager lots of friendly regular customers new stock every day good for putting on cv
Pros
New people
Loving and fun workplace
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield28 August 2018
Worked as a volunteer and so much fun everyday. the Supervisors are ready to help, meet people everyday, very accommodating people.Lots to learn and stress free.
Pros
free coffee and transportation fare
Cons
No much benefits
oxfam
team member (Former Employee) –  Ashford27 August 2018
Oxfam is a nice place to work it was just charity work but felt good experience to work there with other people. I reckon people should try this charity job.
Productive and fun workplace
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 August 2018
This was my first placement experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was able to develop my people skills when interacting with customers and had attentive and patient work colleagues.
it was ok
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London18 August 2018
Sweeping floors
managing shop floor
organizing the shopping racks
Working on the till
Replenishing the stock on the shop floor
organizing the shelves on the shop floor
Pros
Nice collegues
Oxfam Review
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London17 August 2018
Oxfam, in my opinion is a brilliant place to work and I highly recommend anyone to volunteer.
I enjoy spending my time talking to other staff members because they are friendly and polite.
However, the working environment needs improvement because the place is usually messy.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor working conditions
Fun
Assisting people (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 August 2018
Oxfam forms a community where it’s people come together of all types, ages, nationality and culture. New to Oxfam and volunteering it great to give something back for aid and support.
I don’t feel pressured to work as it’s purely a volunteering role and you can work whatever shift pattern suits you. I thoroughly enjoy to work and have met some great staff and people.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Saying goodbye
Experience gained
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 August 2018
This wasn't a paid job - it was voluntary - and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I gained much experience working here, and it was a friendly and inviting workplace.
Place to earn experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames12 August 2018
Earned experience working with customers and shown how a store functions. Staff were kind and always willing to lend a hand, customers were also very nice and appreciative.
Pros
Flexible times
Supportive workplace
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York9 August 2018
the management were often very supportive and endeavoured to cater for any needs we had, the jobs were not monotonous as you were doing different things.
Pros
short hours
Cons
old facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3