Oxfam Employee Reviews

Found 1,397 reviews matching the search See all 1,783 reviews
Lovely Atmoshpere
Retail Assistant, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend10 December 2018
Great place to work for people trying to get into work and get that experience that is very much needed these days. Pleasant place to work, with very lovely colleagues.
Fun place.
Volunteer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire7 December 2018
I have volunteered here for a while, you can get tea and coffee whenever you want, learn a ton of new skills to use in other aspects of life, well worth doing.
Pros
Free tea and coffee.
Cons
The best job I never got paid to do
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 December 2018
If I wasn't working there as a volunteer, I would make this job my career. The people, the environment, I cannot explain the shear joy of working here. On my first day I was already friends with half the staff and I loved every second of the job. It misses the 5 star mark because I was never able to get a paid job there but if one comes up I'm straight in. The only job that I felt like I could be myself.
Pros
Great people, great environment, great place
Cons
I was a volunteer
Review.
Oxfam Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Arnold, Nottinghamshire5 December 2018
I had worked there for my Work experience in year 10, and had found it really good. It's a nice place to work as volunteer, and to know what it is like to work in a store/ shop like that. As well as get a good experience upon working with a till.

I was also working with amazing people and they were really nice to me, and the customers.
it was work experiance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire4 December 2018
Some of the job roles were mudane and I was put in charge of ordering their finances from a big box of reciptes their accountant had just thrown into .
Pros
in town
Cons
non-paid
Fun and enjoyable
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 December 2018
Lots of different skills can be learned and tasks undertaken. Standing at the till can involve confronting the occasional challenging customer, who will attempt to bargain more because it is a charity shop.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Unpaid
Was only there for short bursts but the work was basic and it was a fairly average experience, I obviously didnt get paid I was a volunteer.
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 December 2018
Was only there for short bursts but the work was basic and it was a fairly average experience, I obviously didnt get paid I was a volunteer, they did help me with all that I needed to be acknowledged as having worked there for my Dove.
Volunteer, it’s nice
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  West Midlands2 December 2018
Short hours, perfect to get experience. Fits in nicely for school, college and uni. Nice enough customers. Easy to learn procedures. Nice starter ‘job’.
Pros
Experience and helping out
Cons
Volunteer
Fun environment to volunteer in
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire30 November 2018
I had a fantastic 6 months working at Oxfam for my Duke of Edinburgh volunteering section. My tasks ranged from the basic organisation of stock to pricing the stock and then selling it at the till.
Beneficial
Asistant (Former Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands29 November 2018
I enjoyed knowing that working in Oxfam was going to beneficial towards the less fortunate.I liked the team, they were all very friendly towards me. It was very diverse in Oxfam which I thought was very helpful, it made me feel very comfortable.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden Town, Greater London29 November 2018
As a sales assistant, my job role was to keep the shop clean as well as to sort the clothes out according to its different types of clothing. I had to iron the clothes and do the price tagging so I always had something to do. During the time I worked in Oxfam, I learned what visual merchandising is and how to use the till. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team as we were able to share the chores to make the job done quicker.
Job with a meaning
Store Manager and Area Induction Manager (Current Employee) –  Keswick28 November 2018
Great people.
Everyone is really helpful and dedicated to Oxfam's cause. This passion easily transfers to others.
Oxfam is a great employer and really looks after their people.
Pros
Atmosphere, work ethics, cause.
Cons
Workload, Long hours, You have to be able to work outside your contarctual hours to feel accomplished.
Enjoyable and helpful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2018
I really like volunteering at this company because I have developed new helpful skills that I can use in the future. I am usually steaming/ironing clothes and hanging them on hangers and putting them out in the shop. I also learned how to work with money , I have learned this by working at the till in this workplace.I don't find anything too challenging. I really enjoy learning new skills and volunteering here.
Pros
developing new skills
Lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey26 November 2018
A great place to volunteer as you meet lovely people and it is for a good cause. Perfect for those getting work experience and for DofE participants, overall good organisation.
Pros
choose when to volunteer
Great place to work and gain experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow26 November 2018
Recomended flexible friendly staff . Amazing co-workers. Good work-life balance. I found it relatively easy to get a promotion within the organisation and change my location during year that I spent within it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Nne
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London24 November 2018
I volunteered at Oxfam, and found that there were a lot more volunteers than were necessary so there was little work to do, so a lot of time was spent waiting.
brilliant place to work
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend23 November 2018
I loved working with Oxfam as they were like family to me and I got on really well with every one I worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the different people who came through doors on a regular basis.
Fun and friendly environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bristol22 November 2018
I enjoy volunteering for Oxfam Books & Music. I mainly work in pricing or on the tills on Saturday mornings. I find it productive an useful for my college schedule.
Voulteer
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London19 November 2018
I left because the manager was rude and talked behind staff backs when you're not around. She made up lies to get me into trouble with head office. They believed her as she was the manager. She was not nice at all
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Nasty manager
Assistant manager OXFAM Holloway
Assistant manager stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Londres19 November 2018
Après un début difficile (type de management), et quelques d'efforts, j'ai pu apprendre à apprécier ce poste.
Pros
remboursement 4$
Cons
Type de management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3