Ovo Energy

Ovo Energy Employee Reviews

There's a buzz about the company, from the ethos of what they are achieving, to the decor of the offices ( eg an indoor treehouse and slide as a meeting space, to the inspiring people that work there. Everyone has a part to play and there is a real sense that its the employees that are part of the success. Management is pretty good, and they respect your opinions in an ever changing atmosphere. You have to keep up, and are encouraged to actively contribute. If you do well (and are liked) there is plenty of opportunity for bonuses and career progression,I loved working there!It was interesting dealing with a level of ambiguity in processes, and all the different working systems and platforms that are also changing often. But be prepared for a lack of parking on site meaning a daily hunt for a kerbside parking space with a walk into the city centre.
Pros
Lots of team building, social events, with lots of perks that make it a great work environment. Plus free breakfast and fruit.
Cons
Perks are great, but you wonder if a bigger paycheck would be better for longevity, People need to move on to get ahead financially.
OVO has been a lovely place to work over the past couple of years and have been really helpful around my maternity leave. My Managers have been very supportive and if i have had any issues they have been readily resolved through additional training or extra time with them.
The company does seem to make a sincere effort to treat you as well as they can within the limitations of being a business. But it's still very much a business, and if in a given situation the only sensible business decision is to shaft you, they're quite ready to do that. Although they do seem reasonably good at avoiding that where possible.
With ovo buying out SSE only 4 months ago and have decided to make redundant 2600 members of staff and closing the meter business as of end of June which is the team I am part of is hugely disappointing.
worked there as an IT consultant. I found the guy I was reporting to to be micromanaging and controlling. Not a very enjoyable experience at all. I was glad to leave.
Overall a great company to work for. Always subject to changes, very fast paced, but lovely people everywhere. Great progression routes if you work hard, but pay generally is an issue there (not reflective of wider markets or cost of living in Bristol - does not rise with inflation etc.) Those who have been there for a number of years notice the decline in "start up mentality" with benefits frequently being axed as the company grows. However, benefits are still very good - great holiday flexibility, as well as working from home options and flexi-time shift patterns. Tech scheme is also great. In summary, working there for the environment, culture and atmosphere are the primary reasons people stay. Pay is not, but that comes down to individuals expectations. As the company grows and grows it will be interesting to see how this effects the overall culture...
Would highly recommend working for ovo to anyone, great benefits free breakfast, greats perks, games and competitions to keep you motivated. Everyone is friendly and they are also helping green energy
They make it incredibly difficult to work there. Constantly making one jump through hoops. They make one feel like onen is not good enough to work there. They expect one to know everything there is about the industry, but then also tell you that it's not helpful that one has previously worked in the industry. When one askes for help, its looked down on. They take mental health seriously there, but the Team Leaders don't know how to deal with it.
Great workplace with outstanding benefits, compfortable chairs, themed meeting rooms, free toast for breakfast and a nice cafe with staff discounts. Atmosphere is friendly, relaxed but very hard working!!
I was targeted with booking appointments for Smart Meter installations which involved calling existing customers explaining the benefits of having a Smart Meter installed.I up skilled myself to become one of the best outbound advisers by constantly improving my knowledge and objection handling.By working closely with the management team I was able to propose beneficial improvements to the business.At OVO the work culture was very good as staff were encouraged to always discuss how targets could be exceeded.Although sometimes the customer refused to listen to the benefits of Smart Meters most customers were very kind and I really enjoyed speaking to them.
Good salary and benefits but little chance to progress Chance to obtain good bonuses every 6 months, good amount of holiday days, but despite promises at progression, it rarely gets offered.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Great place to work. You will meet like-minded exciting people whoa re able to balance a work/life environment. Lots of room for progression. Chance to develop skills
Company treats you well, though don't really deal with poor performance only safety issues which are dealt with swiftly, if your face fits. Communication getting better, though systems do not talk to each other, so it can be frustrating. Progression is there if your face fits and you can work the politics.
Employees are incredibly well taken care of and given more than adequate support both in terms of progression and personally. The culture at OVO is incredible as are the facilities, perks and parties! The only reason I left was relocation!
The job is amazing if you like customer service but stressful if not. Benefits are really good and the work culture was nice but they care so much about targets and making the perfect call that it can be very intense and stressful for some.
I worked at Ovo for 4 years and loved pretty much most of it. There is a great culture and you meet amazing people who do really become friends for life and most people have the same morals and values so your working with like minded people. Sometime management is frustrating and a bit of a favourites culture but I think that's like most places.
As far as office customer service roles go, this for me is as good as it gets. Great staff, great pay, great social scene through work events and a positive work environment.
The company had a friendly, hardworking community with a good benefit scheme. However the job was highly repetitive and progression prospects were few
A very relaxed feel for agents with great technology. Great people throughout the business. The business is growing quickly and going through the transition of being a small business and having some of the growing pains of becoming a larger organisation, by this I mean Ovo is trying to stay true to some of its original values but these may need tailoring slightly to fit with the fact that things won't move as quickly if you want the entire business to embrace change. Lots of autonomy in the contact centre and leaps ahead in terms of contact centre tech in comparison to the larger corporate call centres, as they've had the luxury of starting the call centre in 2009 in a cloud based CRM. Overall, a good company with great people.
Pros
A lot of focus on people engagment and wellbieng
Cons
Lack of development in comparrison to large coorporates
Working here massively impacted my self confidence and my trust in management in general. They frequently bump up friends to positions they are not prepared for and the senior management circle switch jobs but largely remain the same. The only upside are colleagues at your level as they bear the same daily trials.
Pros
Discounted Gym, Discounted Food, Social Events
Cons
Toxic management and terrible decision making.
I have been a dual fuel engineer for just over 18 months with ovo energy. So to answer most engineer questions. 4 duals a day. 60-80 miles per day very occasionally 100 if I have to leave my patch. No calls outs. My work doesn't change. I'm not harassed by management thought-out my day . I do what's expected and they leave you alone. Ovo fit to a very high standard so advice would be forget how your last company did things. The salary isn't quite at the top of the industry but with the pure card which is an extra £720 plus the rewards points so ruffly about £1200 in vouchers each year which I use for Christmas presents. They match the 5% pention which I thinks pretty cool. Christmas and summer events. Quartly events like karting , Paint balling. Team meetings every quarter with maybe 1-2 jobs booked in followed by lunch . Bonus are made up of customer feedback score. Driving score ( all you need to do is drive to the speed limit) easy! Audits. So asking as your doing your job fitting to standards they as for your good. Options to drive an electric van if you want. Stock is ordered via bybox. Tools are high quality. Weekend work if you want it £60 dual £30 single. Longevity and progression for EV charge point installer. Genuine great company to work for as long as you follow the rules
Pros
Pure card. Flexi fund . 5% pention
Cons
Bonus structure.