Outwood Grange Academies Trust

Outwood Grange Academies Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
A typical day at work begins with a quick meet and greet the taxi of a student. Taking student to change from the manual wheel chair to the electric chair that is used around school. During the school day various pieces of equipment are used these include stander, pacer and hoist. Straight to the first class of the day by 8.25am. There are five lessons within the school day finishing school at 2.30pm and getting the student to the taxi for 2.30pm. Friendly people teachers help you to fit within some classes. Behaviour policy hard to follow at first but generally a nice place to work.
Extremely stressful. Students are very poorly behaved. Amount of out of hours work is ridiculous, no support and training does not meet needs of individuals. When Ofsted are due, leadership from other academies are flown in so the true picture is never seen. High turnover of staff due to stress and anxiety. Student's views are taken above those of staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership and poor student behaviour.
I had worked for a short time at Outwood Grange Academy and learned quite a lot during this period. All members of staff helped me to understand my duties and ensure that I competed my work properly and to the best of my standards.
Very modern education system but very demanding and requires long hours outside of work. Large number of students and staff, supportive management structure.
Pros
Opportunities for progression
Cons
Challenging behaviour
I gained many personal as well as technical skills working here such as confidence, reliability and integrity. I learnt how to use technical equipment and the environment was enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Temporary
cleaning floors, emptying bins, supplying classrooms with supplies
got to meet new people and have a laugh while doing my job, fun place to work I love it
Get to work an hour early in order to make sure i'm setup for the day. Make sure books are present in classroom.
teach hour long lesons.

short breaks

after school plan next days lessons

go home late.
Pros
lunch duty = free lunchs
Cons
Worked here 8 years. And love it.
Lots of management changes and its well managed . Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the.children's faces when they're happy and have done things well.
The company acknowledged the hard work of it's employees and offered a very good progression route for those who wanted to develop their career.
cleaning floors, emptying bins, supplying classrooms with supplies
got to meet new people and have a laugh while doing my job,