Outcomes First Group

Outcomes First Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Outcomes First Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and dedicated staff. Every day is different and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion or working in a different department.
28 January 2020
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
Although the company is very large and this can have limitations knowing who is who in different regions, the personal touch is not lost in the regions themselves. The additional benefits the company has given to all staff of every level has been commendable in such tough times. They work hard to support positive change for children, sometimes this can be challenging but there are so many support resources available which smaller companies just can’t compete with. Despite change there are so many positives and pay rises have really helped recently with staff cover in homes which for so many care companies is difficult.
Pros
Resources, supportive management, honesty
Cons
Staff turnover in the care sector generally
I have worked for OFG for a number of years and can honesty say that its a fantastic company to work for, I have been able to progress and been given chance and opportunity to progress and create a career, whilst being supported by peers and guided by a fantastic management team.The company are focused on staff retention and have an excellent approach in looking after staff and their welfare. The organisation is extremely child focused and place children and young people at the hub of all they do.
Pros
Competitive rates of pay, career progression.
Cons
Really encouraged townscape ideas and lots of support from management and colleagues. Enjoy working within this group... very fulfilling. Would recommend to all interested in childcare or vulnerable adukt services
I have worked with the organisation for over a year and can honestly say the company is progressive and has a good culture. Kids are great, staff are amazing. Training is a high standard, they invest in homes, staff and kids.
Pros
Open, transparent
Cons
The job is challenging but worth it
I had 2 days which I thought were training days, first day I was giving a very brief briefing on the kids, then handed loads of files, management were very stand offish and didn't make me feel welcome, more like I was in the way. 2nd day I wasn't even allowed in the office, handed some files and for 4 hours shut in the living room, with someone bringing me files every now and then.my first shift I knocked and the children opened the door and were horrified to see what I later found out another new starter.I found many of the staff antagonist. constantly putting down the new staff members. absolutely zero training just a young girl showing the ropes. if you did make a mistake you was made to look stupid infront of everyone else and the children constantly be littled. The worst thing Is I believe I could of made a impact on the children if I had of been given a chance, but unfortunately I could not give any more of my time to the home due to the lack of training management and respect.I can't say much about the company as since leaving ive spoke to others and apparently its more about this certain home than the company.
Pros
the children
Cons
long hours lack of training
Shifts are long. Shift are 2days on / 3 days off or 7 days on / 7 days off depending on home, sleep in’s between your days. If there is disturbance in the night you are required to wake up and deal with situation. Sleep in rate & hourly rate for bank staff(Not far off minimum wage) is severely below compared to competing companies. Recruitment is slow meaning that shifts run on bank & agency staff. Also meaning shifts can be under staffed. I believe this is due to head office not being quicker to advertise & actively recruit. I also think its due to the uncompetitive remuneration. For a company who claim to one the leading care companies I would expect better for the frontline staff.Colleagues and management at the home are generally good people to work with, I cannot speak for other homes. Management make you feel valued and appreciated. Working with the service user is usually positive and rewarding.
Pros
Good House/Team Managers, Service Users, Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours, Uncompetitive Remuneration
It is a money source only for this incompetent company. I would not recommend working at for Outcomes First. They simply use a person up and spit them out.Poor leadership, management, incompetent colleagues and an actual shambles! There is nothing therapeutic about your role or this company! Working with the children is tough but rewarding. They do deserve a better standard of care.
Pros
Supporting Children
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, too much paperwork, inconsistencies, poor support, terrible communication.
I was shocked by the amount of injuries that happen on a daily basis to staff. Colleagues take any opportunity to snitch on any little mistake you, and tell people conversation to you have had so it makes it hard to know who to trust. Support from management was ok unless you were trying to complain about something. Hardly ever keep to ratio.School and home don't work together.
Pros
Can be fun, trips out
Cons
Long hours. Hardly any support.
Management non-existent. Speak out at your peril. I worked tirelessly to improve the children's wellbeing. I was bullied extensively by management for doing this. Anyone with any sense or credibility is chased out. Managers manipulate the children, manipulate incompetent staff members, If your not in the in-crowd then i'd start packing. Management actively ensure that children do not reach their potentials. Having pacified children that sit around all day, achieving nothing is the only outcome this company works to achieve. It pays well it would seem. Biggest mistake of my life. The children deserve a lot better than this. This is the Mcdonalds of residential childcare.
Pros
The children.
Cons
Everything else.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Outcomes First Group?
The company have a high turnover of staff and that is simply because of the lack of benefits, the low rate of pay and having no support from management. The company have began to make redundancies to further their profit, as well as pay cuts for staff who are shielding, and the company pocketing the money which would have been used for their holidays. The company treat the operational staff like dirt. They are happy to give out negative records of conversations, but do not praise staff for excelling in their job role. Those that complete extra work in operational teams, do not receive any higher pay than those who do the bare minimum. Staff do not feel confident reporting matters to management about those higher up because no repercussions are made. The pandemic has highlighted how little the company thinks of their operational team. This is supported by how much of the operational team has handed in their notice, opposed to management, admin and clinical.
Pros
Recommend a friend bonus - if your friend manages to stick it out 6 months, shift pattern
Cons
Poor rate of pay, cliques, no room for development
lack of training, poor support for staff and profit focused to the point wear the young people and staff suffer. The company isn't safe to speak up and whistle blowing gets you chased out. for a company that works with abused kids and have some amazing staff, they openly neglect them and will gladly punish you for trying to make the company better and right wrongs.
Operational staff genuinely want to do a good job for those they support. Senior Management however don’t seem to care. Quantity is what they want and quality gets pushed aside. The recent restructure was so poorly handled. Their advisors handled it badly - telling people their roles were redundant before there was any individual consultation, providing feedback on a meeting that had not happened yet. The sad fact is that this will impact the operational staff. There was also no discussion about not proceeding with these redundancy during a pandemic, they could have been paused. The result is the loss of some very experienced and knowledge staff.
Pros
Operational Staff
Cons
Senior Management need to learn compassion
A typical day would be taking recruitment checks for new staff from interview to starting. Ensuring payroll changes notified, administering the healthcare benefit, ensuring staff had up to date Disclosure checks and dealing with day to day enquiries by phone and email
There are certainly perks to working for the company. For instance, the people I work with are great and training is fairly well put together. Management make out they listen to opinions but like any large company, this is certainly not the case. The job can be stressful but enjoyable at the same time. Staff retention seems to be an ongoing issue. An issue that in theory shouldn't be too difficult to overcome. The company have recently increased the incentives for bringing in a friend or family member to work but keeping staff still seems to be problematic. There are no real opportunities for career development and it seems to follow the 'who you know, not what you know' cliche.
28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback provided and take it very seriously. If you would like to make direct contact with us so we can understand your experience with us in more detail then please do contact us. Thank you.
Needless to say I did not last long here within this position. The job had potential however always short staffed impacted negatively on staff and clients. I found that staff members that have been there for years could be very restrictive towards service users which went against the grain of the 'person centred' views they portray. No cars available on the unit or constantly broken or unsafe with use of them being monopolised for use of the few over the many. Acting team leader unsupportive and belittling of new staff. Appeared unfriendly towards outsiders, the job and the behaviours dramatised and exaggerated. I can understand why people did not remain and agency refused to work there. Some staff were lovely and supportive but downtrodden by staff with strong and often negative views. Felt uncomfortable with decisions made on clients behalfs that appeared to be unfair and unjust such as restricted foods and drinks. Management seemed overrun and not enough clinical support. The clients were the positive of my time there and were very engaging and interactive, the time with them was rewarding. I wish I had a better experience within the staff as I felt it had potential to be a rewarding career.
10 January 2020
We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services. Thank you
Brilliant friendly interviewers. Made me feel very relaxed and at ease. The operations manager called me herself to offer me the position and have me positive feedback.
23 December 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
I love working at Trent Acres! Children are challenging but they are the nicest kids when they trust you and know you. Full support from management is given and after any incidents debrief are given through the therapy team or management. The grounds are amazing and the different animals not only help the children’s well-being but also the staffs. A great place to work!!!!
4 December 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
Worked here as a maintenance operative, Carpenter by trade, Organisation was right out the window, maintenance shop was a disgrace, Wanted you to be every trade but wouldn’t pay for the effort, Had to do a two week induction about autism regardless of my job title, kind of a waste! As a tradesman I was shocked to see so my building control flaws within the buildings Was told by managers that I couldn’t do any of my own trade work at weekends, offered to do some work there alongside my normal duties and got a warning for it,
28 November 2019
This job is so rewarding, the service users have the best support network around them in options. I have been supported so well whilst working here over the years by staff and management. I cant fault the company and wouldnt want to work anywhere else.
28 November 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is great to hear that you are really enjoying working at Outcomes First Group.
From the start of the interviewing process, I felt very welcome by staff and Young people. I have only been here for 1 month and already feel part of a big family. The staff are very welcoming, Everyday is different, the business is fast paced and constantly moving forward.