Outcomes First Group

Outcomes First Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews
Featured review
Outcomes First Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and dedicated staff. Every day is different and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion or working in a different department.
28 January 2020
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
The company have a high turnover of staff and that is simply because of the lack of benefits, the low rate of pay and having no support from management. The company have began to make redundancies to further their profit, as well as pay cuts for staff who are shielding, and the company pocketing the money which would have been used for their holidays. The company treat the operational staff like dirt. They are happy to give out negative records of conversations, but do not praise staff for excelling in their job role. Those that complete extra work in operational teams, do not receive any higher pay than those who do the bare minimum. Staff do not feel confident reporting matters to management about those higher up because no repercussions are made. The pandemic has highlighted how little the company thinks of their operational team. This is supported by how much of the operational team has handed in their notice, opposed to management, admin and clinical.
Pros
Recommend a friend bonus - if your friend manages to stick it out 6 months, shift pattern
Cons
Poor rate of pay, cliques, no room for development
lack of training, poor support for staff and profit focused to the point wear the young people and staff suffer. The company isn't safe to speak up and whistle blowing gets you chased out. for a company that works with abused kids and have some amazing staff, they openly neglect them and will gladly punish you for trying to make the company better and right wrongs.
Operational staff genuinely want to do a good job for those they support.

Senior Management however don’t seem to care. Quantity is what they want and quality gets pushed aside.

The recent restructure was so poorly handled. Their advisors handled it badly - telling people their roles were redundant before there was any individual consultation, providing feedback on a meeting that had not happened yet. The sad fact is that this will impact the operational staff. There was also no discussion about not proceeding with these redundancy during a pandemic, they could have been paused. The result is the loss of some very experienced and knowledge staff.
Pros
Operational Staff
Cons
Senior Management need to learn compassion
A typical day would be taking recruitment checks for new staff from interview to starting. Ensuring payroll changes notified, administering the healthcare benefit, ensuring staff had up to date Disclosure checks and dealing with day to day enquiries by phone and email
There are certainly perks to working for the company. For instance, the people I work with are great and training is fairly well put together. Management make out they listen to opinions but like any large company, this is certainly not the case. The job can be stressful but enjoyable at the same time.

Staff retention seems to be an ongoing issue. An issue that in theory shouldn't be too difficult to overcome. The company have recently increased the incentives for bringing in a friend or family member to work but keeping staff still seems to be problematic. There are no real opportunities for career development and it seems to follow the 'who you know, not what you know' cliche.
28 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback provided and take it very seriously. If you would like to make direct contact with us so we can understand your experience with us in more detail then please do contact us. Thank you.
Needless to say I did not last long here within this position. The job had potential however always short staffed impacted negatively on staff and clients. I found that staff members that have been there for years could be very restrictive towards service users which went against the grain of the 'person centred' views they portray. No cars available on the unit or constantly broken or unsafe with use of them being monopolised for use of the few over the many. Acting team leader unsupportive and belittling of new staff. Appeared unfriendly towards outsiders, the job and the behaviours dramatised and exaggerated. I can understand why people did not remain and agency refused to work there. Some staff were lovely and supportive but downtrodden by staff with strong and often negative views. Felt uncomfortable with decisions made on clients behalfs that appeared to be unfair and unjust such as restricted foods and drinks. Management seemed overrun and not enough clinical support. The clients were the positive of my time there and were very engaging and interactive, the time with them was rewarding. I wish I had a better experience within the staff as I felt it had potential to be a rewarding career.
10 January 2020
We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services. Thank you
Brilliant friendly interviewers. Made me feel very relaxed and at ease. The operations manager called me herself to offer me the position and have me positive feedback.
23 December 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
I love working at Trent Acres! Children are challenging but they are the nicest kids when they trust you and know you. Full support from management is given and after any incidents debrief are given through the therapy team or management.
The grounds are amazing and the different animals not only help the children’s well-being but also the staffs.

A great place to work!!!!
4 December 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Outcomes First Group?
Worked here as a maintenance operative,
Carpenter by trade,

Organisation was right out the window, maintenance shop was a disgrace,

Wanted you to be every trade but wouldn’t pay for the effort,

Had to do a two week induction about autism regardless of my job title, kind of a waste!

As a tradesman I was shocked to see so my building control flaws within the buildings

Was told by managers that I couldn’t do any of my own trade work at weekends, offered to do some work there alongside my normal duties and got a warning for it,
28 November 2019
This job is so rewarding, the service users have the best support network around them in options. I have been supported so well whilst working here over the years by staff and management. I cant fault the company and wouldnt want to work anywhere else.
28 November 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback. It is great to hear that you are really enjoying working at Outcomes First Group.
From the start of the interviewing process, I felt very welcome by staff and Young people.
I have only been here for 1 month and already feel part of a big family. The staff are very welcoming, Everyday is different, the business is fast paced and constantly moving forward.
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
I have worked within Options Adult Services Wales for 4 and a half years now, being promoted to Team Leader last year.

Throughout my time here, I have always been supported by management and continuously assisted to progress within my roles. Staff are treated fairly, always feel valued and made to feel at ease with an open door policy.

The work ethic and values of the service is simply like no other and the care and support given to service users is outstanding to say the least. Staff are regularly encouraged to produce new ideas, assisting with the progression of the service for the individuals we support and feeling a part of something which is ultimately so rewarding.
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback.
I work at Ty-Ni Cymru and have done for the last 6 years. The currently management system in place operate a great open and honest culture. They encourage staff to positively challenge themselves to better the lives of the young men we have there. I have always been pushed to better myself here and to always apply for promotions. I highly reccomend everyone to apply.
I worked for outcomes in Kings Bromley,
Management was poor. Staff turn over very high. They have staff with little experience / non qualified as shift leaders. The young people have no rules or boundary in place. They serve notice on young people all the time for no real reason other than the company are failing to provide a safe environment for the young people. Staff levels are unsafe your often
27 November 2019
Staff are expected to be sheep, seen and not heard. Management are not fit for purpose, they all stick together so there's no point complaining about them as they will never admit there is an issue. Anyone with a voice is ostracized. Company vehicles are not safe or fit for purpose. Lazy staff are allowed to get away with it as management won't tackle it.
27 November 2019
We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to understand further your experience. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services and are striving to be the provider and employer of choice. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Thank you.
Avoid at all costs. I was absolutely horrified by the level of danger that employee's are faced with and the amount of injuries that happen on a daily basis. The salary is very low for the challenges of this place. The work culture is snitchy, colleagues take any opportunity to snitch on any little mistake you make and do a 'record of conversation' which makes you feel like you don't know who to trust. Very poor support from management and you get very patronised if you do the slightest thing wrong.
27 November 2019
Worked for options group, for the adult service in Holywell, part of the outcomes first group, rate of pay extremely poor for what you have to put up with, get assaulted on a daily basis with no support from management. Management only interested in the profit the service users are making the company, and extremely tight with budgets.. no staff benefits whatsoever, long work hours... massive bullying issue with management, who will always talk down to you, and talk to you like a school child.... AVOID at all costs.
27 November 2019
We take all feedback very seriously and are disappointed to read your review. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services and we place the people we support and our employees with upmost importance.
Avoid at all costs, they talk a good talk but profit comes first, you dare question management and you are bullied out of the place then they send out negative references which are untrue
27 November 2019
I have worked as Residential Children Carer for over a year, it is the best job I’ve ever had however working with children comes with challenges and each home and child are different.

Be prepared for long hours, extremely long and most likely a lot of overtime will be offered to you however the ball is essentially in your court. As a carer you have to be flexible, on your toes, hard working and have patience and perseverance. The job seems like a jolly however there is so much more to it then looking after kids.

The pay isn’t amazing, for the hours you work and the challenges you have to face the pay should be better but this job is a matter of doing it for the work not the money.

The paperwork is horrendous, continuous amounts of pointless and ridiculous paperwork if you have a good team however you should be able to find the time and management to complete as much as possible, you’ll still probably be playing catch up though.

Be prepared to be put in awkward and sometimes dangerous situations, Hillcrest try to prepare you for this with training and STTRIIDE however It takes certain characteristics to be able to handle this so upon experiencing the job it might just not be for you.

You will more than likely not agree with the rules of the home, be prepared to play as part of a team take others opinions and experiences to learn and work together, team work is essential within this job, your team are your family.

Remember even though this is working with vulnerable children this is still a business and you will not agree with some of the rules and or decisions
 - more...
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Long Hours, Lots of Paperwork, Sometimes Dangerous Situations
8 July 2019
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear such positive feedback. We will ensure all your comments are taken on board.
I have worked in the company for 9 months and I am really enjoying it. I feel part of a big family. It doesn't matter what site I visit, I am always welcomed.

The company are really good at listening to what motivates us as employees. The CEO of the company makes time to speak to staff and listens to feedback.

The culture, I feel is one of warmth, teaching, guidance and empathy. They recognise that our role is challenging and they put in place training and support to ensure we can deal with anything that happens.

We look after some really challenging children. The company give lots of training on how to deliver the best care and support.

I can honestly say that I am extremely happy here.
Pros
Lots of development opportunity and scope for progression
Cons
We look after some very challenging children which may not suit everybody
8 July 2019