Outcomes First Group Employee Reviews

A caring and rewarding place to work
Administration Manager and Exams Officer (Current Employee) –  Telford25 June 2019
I have worked in the company for 9 months and I am really enjoying it. I feel part of a big family. It doesn't matter what site I visit, I am always welcomed.

The company are really good at listening to what motivates us as employees. The CEO of the company makes time to speak to staff and listens to feedback.

The culture, I feel is one of warmth, teaching, guidance and empathy. They recognise that our role is challenging and they put in place training and support to ensure we can deal with anything that happens.

We look after some really challenging children. The company give lots of training on how to deliver the best care and support.

I can honestly say that I am extremely happy here.
Pros
Lots of development opportunity and scope for progression
Cons
We look after some very challenging children which may not suit everybody
8 July 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is great to hear that you are really enjoying working at Outcomes First Group.

Supportive, fun and a lovely place to work
Recruitment Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire3 April 2019
Everyone I have met shows real passion for the children, young people and adults we support. The culture of the company is to care and this is reflected even in head office. My management have been so supportive in the professional journey I have made so far, and even in a short time frame I have been with the company further opportunities were made available to me. It is a pleasure coming to work and getting to make a difference alongside my team.
Pros
Great Management and a wonderful Ethos
Cons
No staff rooms
Fast paced and growing
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire4 December 2018
Everyday is different, the business is fast paced and constantly moving forward. I find that communication between different departments is frequent and it's nice to be able to speak to different people with in the business. My role is a mix of being in the office and out at different services and I can honestly say I have never been bored. The company are very good at making you feel like a valued part of the team, my manager in particular is encouraging, enthusiastic and always willing to help.
Pros
Positive team, variety of work
Cons
Limited break out areas
Understaffed and undervalued
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire19 November 2018
Please if you have any respect for yourself do not work here. Very dangerous service users that should be supported elsewhere for their own good. Overall poor safety for staff and cars that should not be on the road, yet nothing gets done about this.
Management are unprofessional and unhelpful and generally 'clicky' with staff which makes the job role very difficult and at times isolating. New staff are the experienced ones so it seems no one really knows what they are doing. If you say you are not very comfortable working with someone or would like more shadowing you are expected to work with them anyway despite other staff having permission not to work with them etc.
I did not last here very long but had hoped I had found the job for me but the interview and training does not provide enough detail or a true picture about how challenging the job can be.
Staff are entitled to one meal which is fair, yet all I saw was staff eating the service users food all day for every meal with no consequence. Speaking to a team leader there seems to be staff shortages most of the time, particularly on nights, which is not safe. Staff are often sat on their phones instead of working or supporting new staff like me.
Good luck to anyone that gets a job here! They are always hiring which says something!
Avoid.
Pros
Good holiday, flexible shiftwork
Cons
Long hours, not much opportunity for a break unless you smoke, lone working at times
27 November 2018

We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high-quality services. Thank you

Avoid. Bullying and illegal practices.
Na (Former Employee) –  Cornwall8 November 2018
Avoid! This organisation is geared toward profit and not care for its staff or clients. There are issues with in house bullying often from above. There is also an intentional lack of clarity toward staff and their legal rights in order to keep staff ignorant and under control.

These are my own views from what I have personally witnessed.
Cons
Profit focussed, Bullying and illegal practices.
14 November 2018

We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services. Thank you

Great Work Ethics & Devoted Employees
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire13 August 2018
I have worked for Outcomes First Group for 16 months, starting out as a temporary contractor before being offered a permanent position.

I love working for this company and working in Head Office I get to mix with people from all aspects of the company, from Management to people that are caring for the young people in the homes to the teaching staff at our schools. A lot of the employees show great passion and love for the jobs they do and the invaluable reward they get from shaping the lives of the young people they look after.

I thoroughly enjoy the variety of the work I do and its made easier by having such lovely and helpful work colleagues. My days are never dull and I never know from day to day what my day will bring.

I have small children and they have always been flexible with me when I have had to attend their school functions, allowing me to make time up. Leaving me to be able to save my leave for holidays.
Pros
Flexibility, Friendly, Passionate
Great Team and Nice Workplace Culture
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 August 2018
I have worked in Poole as a Support Worker in part time. The paid training was provided from the first day and the staff supported me in a very nice and efficient way. I have learnt a lot about supporting people with learning disabilities and autism. The training and the experience from this role helped me find another job. I even managed to make a pretty fast progress in my career. Senior staff and management were well trained with excellent social skills. They offered the right guidance and support and gave me that feeling that everyone matters. I also enjoyed working within an international team and miss that a bit in my new job.
Pros
flexible with working hours
Cons
Love autism, love this place.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley Castle20 July 2018
Passionate management structure.
Knowledgeable on-site clinical team.
Friendly administration team.
Hard working staff.
Beautiful setting.
Fantastic place to work, in undoubtedly difficult circumstances, behaviours that can challenge and autism isn’t for the feint hearted, but this place is perfect if you’re up for working long and hard. Shift patterns are amazing and structure is in place from top to bottom. Staff are amazing, no matter where you work you will always come across a rotten egg, but it’s how you adapt yourself, the others are hard working and dedicated to the cause. Working with autism is amazing. No two days are the same. Loved it.
Full in house training provided, covering a wide range of topics, whilst making learning fun. Sets you up ready to work on the flats, but there is plenty of expert staff on hand to help with any queries you may have. Don’t get me wrong, working with autism and behaviours that can challenge is a difficult job, not for everyone, but the rewards and job satisfaction is amazing. Shifts are great but days can be long. If you’re clever enough, you can book 2 days holiday and have 7 days off. It’s amazing. Monthly supervisions, debriefs if you’ve had a rough day, compassionate leave if required. There is always something going on. On site vocational team who have activities planned throughout the day and on the spot maintenance team that work wonders when required.
Pros
No two days the same. Working with autism. Great shift patterns.
Cons
Difficult location if you don’t drive.
Fabulous place to work and extremely rewarding!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Holywell, Flintshire20 July 2018
I have worked for the company for nearly four years and can not think of a better place to work. The management team are extremely supportive and career advancement is second to none! You are supported to learn and develop dependent on your role and this is encouraged. The job is rewarding and seeing those people whom are supported smile and enjoy their lives is what it is all about. I would recommend anyone whom would like a career making a difference to someone else’s life to apply now!
Pros
Good salary for a care industry role, good career prospects
Terrible place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
This company treats it staff badly. They have no idea how to treat staff and the managers are there for their own financial gain. They do what suits them and don't follow process. I used to enjoy my job but had to leave when I saw what they were really like. Management don't understand hard work and don't reward staff. The staff in Havant are a joke.Never work here.
Pros
The homes are lovely
Cons
Management and Havant staff
Welcoming
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jarrow, Tyne and Wear5 July 2018
A very nice atmosphere, management are lovely and understanding, it is a family run home which makes it feel like you are included and the client's have excellent care.Hardest part dealing with death, best part caring for the client's.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard work
The worse place i ever work avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 July 2018
I work in Poole and can't say a good thing about this company.. the manager is ruthless the team told me " do as you been told and you can keep your job" when I reported this the got rid off me.. I couldn't even believe what a gangster attitude rules the company
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours low pay
Rewarding Job / Compassionate Business
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire25 May 2018
This is a really good company to work for as everyone seems to put the people we care for as priority, regardless of their role. I have worked here for almost 3 years and have formed great working relationships with staff across the business and the hours seem to fly by!
Pros
Friendly, dedicated staff
Cons
Sometimes difficult to make time to keep up-to-date with process changes
Demanding but rewarding job
Life Skills Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Malvern View15 May 2018
Great place to work, regardless of other reviews, the senior management and management support is great. If anything my experience there taught me that other support workers make the job more difficult, too many others interested in their ‘own lifes’ rather than the ones they support. However, this service does make a difference to people’s lives and is a great place to work, could not recommend it more.
Pros
Competitive salary, rewarding job and get to make a difference in people’s lives
No to good workplace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omagh, County Tyrone9 May 2018
I dont like any more this workplace because so much work for minimum money. No chance to work the daily shifts. Problems with days off and holidays. Not good managements.
Pros
Free breaks
Do not look after staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire24 April 2018
This company consistently do not look after their staff, hence very high staff turn over.
Injury at work is quite likely and you are very likely to be unpaid and unsuppported.
Pros
Free evening meal
Cons
Long hours, poor staff morale, management do not look after staff
No back up with managers. You are put in dangerous situations with children displaying horrendous behaviour and the consequences they have is minimal.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire23 April 2018
Not great back up with management. Very disheartening when bank staff is on a bigger salary then contracted and doing more work more responsibilities. Staff that isn’t STTRIIDE trained are at risk at getting hurt by children.
Cons
Day staff very long hours
Dedicated Staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Tadley, Hampshire22 March 2018
This is a very demanding and emotionally taxing position. Every day is different and can be distressing. I learnt that whilst I want to work in mental health working with children is not my ideal fit.
Achiving outcomes
House Manager,Senior and Support worker (Former Employee) –  Slinfold12 January 2018
Hillcrest support children with some emotional difficulties. They provide a safe place for these children to live, be cared for, learn and grow. They provide opportunities for the children to experience new things and develop.
Rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Telford26 September 2017
Great experience full of lots of different individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, very interesting and lots of courses and training available for employees.
Pros
training
Cons
staff shortage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outcomes First Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Outcomes First Group Reviews by Location