Outcomes First Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced and growing
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire4 December 2018
Everyday is different, the business is fast paced and constantly moving forward. I find that communication between different departments is frequent and it's nice to be able to speak to different people with in the business. My role is a mix of being in the office and out at different services and I can honestly say I have never been bored. The company are very good at making you feel like a valued part of the team, my manager in particular is encouraging, enthusiastic and always willing to help.
Pros
Positive team, variety of work
Cons
Limited break out areas
Understaffed and undervalued
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire19 November 2018
Please if you have any respect for yourself do not work here. Very dangerous service users that should be supported elsewhere for their own good. Overall poor safety for staff and cars that should not be on the road, yet nothing gets done about this.
Management are unprofessional and unhelpful and generally 'clicky' with staff which makes the job role very difficult and at times isolating. New staff are the experienced ones so it seems no one really knows what they are doing. If you say you are not very comfortable working with someone or would like more shadowing you are expected to work with them anyway despite other staff having permission not to work with them etc.
I did not last here very long but had hoped I had found the job for me but the interview and training does not provide enough detail or a true picture about how challenging the job can be.
Staff are entitled to one meal which is fair, yet all I saw was staff eating the service users food all day for every meal with no consequence. Speaking to a team leader there seems to be staff shortages most of the time, particularly on nights, which is not safe. Staff are often sat on their phones instead of working or supporting new staff like me.
Good luck to anyone that gets a job here! They are always hiring which says something!
Avoid.
Pros
Good holiday, flexible shiftwork
Cons
Long hours, not much opportunity for a break unless you smoke, lone working at times
Official response from Outcomes First Group
27 November 2018

We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high-quality services. Thank you

Avoid. Bullying and illegal practices.
Na (Former Employee) –  Cornwall8 November 2018
Avoid! This organisation is geared toward profit and not care for its staff or clients. There are issues with in house bullying often from above. There is also an intentional lack of clarity toward staff and their legal rights in order to keep staff ignorant and under control.

These are my own views from what I have personally witnessed.
Cons
Profit focussed, Bullying and illegal practices.
Official response from Outcomes First Group
14 November 2018

We take all feedback very seriously and are keen to further understand your experience. Please make contact with us directly to allow us to review this. Outcomes First Group are committed to delivering high quality services. Thank you

Great Team and Nice Workplace Culture
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 August 2018
I have worked in Poole as a Support Worker in part time. The paid training was provided from the first day and the staff supported me in a very nice and efficient way. I have learnt a lot about supporting people with learning disabilities and autism. The training and the experience from this role helped me find another job. I even managed to make a pretty fast progress in my career. Senior staff and management were well trained with excellent social skills. They offered the right guidance and support and gave me that feeling that everyone matters. I also enjoyed working within an international team and miss that a bit in my new job.
Pros
flexible with working hours
Cons
Love autism, love this place.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley Castle20 July 2018
Passionate management structure.
Knowledgeable on-site clinical team.
Friendly administration team.
Hard working staff.
Beautiful setting.
Fantastic place to work, in undoubtedly difficult circumstances, behaviours that can challenge and autism isn’t for the feint hearted, but this place is perfect if you’re up for working long and hard. Shift patterns are amazing and structure is in place from top to bottom. Staff are amazing, no matter where you work you will always come across a rotten egg, but it’s how you adapt yourself, the others are hard working and dedicated to the cause. Working with autism is amazing. No two days are the same. Loved it.
Full in house training provided, covering a wide range of topics, whilst making learning fun. Sets you up ready to work on the flats, but there is plenty of expert staff on hand to help with any queries you may have. Don’t get me wrong, working with autism and behaviours that can challenge is a difficult job, not for everyone, but the rewards and job satisfaction is amazing. Shifts are great but days can be long. If you’re clever enough, you can book 2 days holiday and have 7 days off. It’s amazing. Monthly supervisions, debriefs if you’ve had a rough day, compassionate leave if required. There is always something going on. On site vocational team who have activities planned throughout the day and on the spot maintenance team that work wonders when required.
Pros
No two days the same. Working with autism. Great shift patterns.
Cons
Difficult location if you don’t drive.
Fabulous place to work and extremely rewarding!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Holywell, Flintshire20 July 2018
I have worked for the company for nearly four years and can not think of a better place to work. The management team are extremely supportive and career advancement is second to none! You are supported to learn and develop dependent on your role and this is encouraged. The job is rewarding and seeing those people whom are supported smile and enjoy their lives is what it is all about. I would recommend anyone whom would like a career making a difference to someone else’s life to apply now!
Pros
Good salary for a care industry role, good career prospects
Terrible place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
This company treats it staff badly. They have no idea how to treat staff and the managers are there for their own financial gain. They do what suits them and don't follow process. I used to enjoy my job but had to leave when I saw what they were really like. Management don't understand hard work and don't reward staff. The staff in Havant are a joke.Never work here.
Pros
The homes are lovely
Cons
Management and Havant staff
The worse place i ever work avoid
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 July 2018
I work in Poole and can't say a good thing about this company.. the manager is ruthless the team told me " do as you been told and you can keep your job" when I reported this the got rid off me.. I couldn't even believe what a gangster attitude rules the company
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours low pay
Rewarding Job / Compassionate Business
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire25 May 2018
This is a really good company to work for as everyone seems to put the people we care for as priority, regardless of their role. I have worked here for almost 3 years and have formed great working relationships with staff across the business and the hours seem to fly by!
Pros
Friendly, dedicated staff
Cons
Sometimes difficult to make time to keep up-to-date with process changes
Demanding but rewarding job
Life Skills Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Malvern View15 May 2018
Great place to work, regardless of other reviews, the senior management and management support is great. If anything my experience there taught me that other support workers make the job more difficult, too many others interested in their ‘own lifes’ rather than the ones they support. However, this service does make a difference to people’s lives and is a great place to work, could not recommend it more.
Pros
Competitive salary, rewarding job and get to make a difference in people’s lives
Do not look after staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire24 April 2018
This company consistently do not look after their staff, hence very high staff turn over.
Injury at work is quite likely and you are very likely to be unpaid and unsuppported.
Pros
Free evening meal
Cons
Long hours, poor staff morale, management do not look after staff
Dedicated Staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Tadley, Hampshire22 March 2018
This is a very demanding and emotionally taxing position. Every day is different and can be distressing. I learnt that whilst I want to work in mental health working with children is not my ideal fit.
Challenging but rewarding
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire7 July 2017
A challenging environment, rewarding but require better senior management intervention and support to achieve the best results for the residents.
A superb site and good staff team, but many people have left due to poor senior management support and guidance.
Pros
Good work shift pattern
Cons
Some staff struggle with whole time working - 7 days on, 7 days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outcomes First Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Outcomes First Group Reviews by Location