Otis Elevator Company Employee Reviews

Each day full of suprrises
Controller (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 January 2019
Relaxed environment, but management structure not solid, most if the times they seek advice from another level, even after that they get it wrong.

No support, expected to learn from fellow team members.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Process and structure
ok
FIELD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2018
ok, stressful culture too much pressure, little support from seniors, friendly managers at ground level and the pay is ok. work-life not good as work a lot in evenings
Started Great
Customer Care Centre (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 August 2018
Having worked at the company for a number of years it started as a great place to work with good progression however as they years ticked by and managers were brought in who were chaotic and out for making changes for all the wrong reasons leaving the workforce de-motivated. The company does not care about its employees and long hours and being overworked is common place. The few good managers in place are swallowed up by the clear incompetence of the rest of them.
if you are married to your job then Otis is the place for you
Pros
Ground Level Staff are the biggest asset
Cons
Overworked, long hours, pay, management
Chaotic at best
Manager (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2018
This company has growing pains even when it should not. The indecisiveness of its' senior management can be seen in the working levels of the business. This is as a manager from the London side of things. I am sure that globally the business is different but for London it is a mass of chaos and there are multiple points of failure where overall management and employee support is concerned. Simple things could fix the issues but the senior management is turning a blind eye. This is seen through the amount of people quitting, on stress leave and multiple people having gone into hospital due to stress induced ailments. Not a place to go if you want no stress and sanity.
Pros
Staff at the lower level are pleasant
Cons
Chaotic management
Highly respected and well organised company.
Area Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London26 January 2018
I enjoyed my time here immensely as I learned all about the lift and escalator industry here with very good training and management structure.

The offices available to work are excellent and the company reputation and brand is also very string enabling many opportunities.
Pros
Excellent all round place to work.
Cons
Long hours and long processes for approval.
Large company
Lift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brighton20 January 2018
Large company so a lot to deal with.
Good pay and bonus schemes.
Incentives for hard work as in PRO and completion bonuses.
Very health and safety conscious.
Pros
Everything is provided that you need or want.
Cons
Basic salary is low compared to other companies
Good Workplace
Customer Care Champion (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire11 January 2018
Great colleagues and a good work environment. Management are really nice. Everyone is helpful and supportive and it is a really good place to work.
bar far the worst place i have worked
CCR (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 November 2017
extremely poor company with no direction or drive to move forward.
Constantly reacting to situations created by poor management all the way from the top of the hierarchy.

Absolutely no concern for the customer or any employees, only to limit damage.

No career progression whatsoever. No company perks.

Fantastic people in the workforce is the only positive.

Would not recommend working here at all.
Pros
people
Cons
no progression - no vision - pay below market v - absolutely no care for the customer
Great Company
Lead Escalator Enginner (Current Employee) –  North East25 July 2017
Very professional company. Left to run my own area. Manager trusts her engineers to do the job. Excellent job prospects. Wish I'd started here a lot sooner in my career
Industrial busy workplace
Middle East & Europe Sales / Contract Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 June 2017
The day starts with going through the EMails and deal with customers' enquiries, Print new orders, process changes to existing orders, fill in the changes to the Abstract orders and send them through to the Draft / Layout Department. Work out costing for the changes if any and confirm to customers. Work with the factory on the lead time for the changes and advise customers accordingly. Work with the Shipping Dept. on booking container for shipment. Follow up on shipping progress and keep customers updated. After delivery contact customers to ensure all deliveries and product are in compliance with their orders.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good hours however no job security
Dispatcher. (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 January 2017
I have been at otis for nearly 3 years would not recommend working or applying for otis as it is not a good place to work at. the salary is very low and will not increase even though they will promise you it will or say it is in the pipe line. management do not know what they are doing. this is a global company however when you start working at otis you will realize you work for such a low class company which not only treat their staff correctly but does not treat the customers right to.
Pros
Good people in the company
Cons
ridiculous pay, over worked all the time.
Great working hours
customer care center (Current Employee) –  Leicester21 August 2016
Great company to work for if you want fixed hours and we ends off. Pay is low but treat staff very well
Give staff lots food treats
Friday is always a dress down dayb
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay
OTIS installation fitter
LEAD INSTALLATION FITTER (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 May 2016
I have worked for many years in the lift industry Otis are the top lift company selling the best products not the cheapest just the best with a good management structure ,a good employer with good product support
Pros
a good employer
What working for OTIS was like.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, ENG20 January 2016
Working for OTIS was always an experience for me since i have had many years of training. I found in the recent years that i struggled to find any help with management as they don't seem to take charge of their employees very well.
Pros
Good safety records.
Cons
Poor management
great place to work with the ability to progress your career
Lift Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG12 December 2015
enjoyed my time within Otis only reason I left I was approached an offered an large pay rise to move to another company within the industry
Pros
great working environment
Cons
pays not as good as competitors
Fun to work for every day is a new challange
Service Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Leicester15 March 2015
Each day at Otis is different and brings a new challenge. I have learnt to be more confident and assertive while working at Otis. I have a good team leader who supports me, my co-workers are good an we all work well as a team. The hardest part of my job is to deal with difficult customers. I enjoy meeting my targets by reducing the debt this gives my great pleasure.
Pros
Bonus, parking and pension
Cons
not having a canteen
Awful, too pressurised
Field service manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 February 2015
It turned out to be a job that was not enjoyable at all. I was thrown in at the deep end, given very little training in what was expected of me. The management team use bullying tactics, to get results. They were cutting the work force when i was there, but still expecting to have the results with a larger work force which is making the industry dangerous for the engineers.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours on the road, long hours at home doing quotes
Friendly and positively motivated working environment
Assistant to event cordinater (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 June 2014
OTIS is a lift and elevator engineering company that aims that include community service. Which includes providing awareness, through small event, to the college of the basic functions of corporate company and way, means or roots they could take in order to work in the corporate world. I worked as part of the PTFL department providing assistants to the events coordinator.

I obtained a variety of skills while working at OTIS such as the importance of team work while planning an event and being methodical while planning an event, as it enables you to be better organised, insuring that all that is need for the event is available. The skills I obtained however and the sociably friendly environment also made working at OTIS enjoyable. As the staff were eager to provide help when needed in any area unfamiliar.

Each working day provided a challenge, however this to made every working day very interesting as once the challenges were resolved in hind sight they weren't much of a challenge, they became achievements. In the short time that I worked at OTIS, I was able to gain insight about myself individually, as I became more aware of my abilities and passion for events planning.
Pros
Great professional l working environment
a very ependable salary but can be unethical
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leicester, ENG3 June 2014
my role i cannot give details due to its content and would come back to bite me if anyone seen this.
the people whome work there are pretty much other then the guarenteed salary the only reason i have stayed for over 5 years. i find that if the face fits you are ok if not then you could get treated unfairly.
Pros
near to asda, job security
Cons
salary for work load is poor, managemnt is not great, unethical field managers.
Varied but unorganised. Nothing is explained clearly.
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  West Midlands10 March 2014
Typical day can be varied which is good, but the area where I sit is a mess. Paperwork everywhere and just lying around.

In terms of the work, there are little to no procedures to follow and nothing is explained to me very clearly for the many systems they use. I'm afraid to ask questions because apparently I'm already supposed to know it after unclear brief explanations from a couple of weeks prior.

Co workers are ok for the most part but some can be two faced about other coworkers when they are not present. Talking negatively about others when they are not there in a condescending derogatory manner (myself included most likely). Not a very professional atmosphere.

At first I wanted to stay here for the long term as it is a very short commute and the work even though is unclear and not explained properly, is actually pretty involving and engaging which keeps me busy throughout the day. Now I'd be happy to just want to move on once my contract finishes.

The basic summary is because I'm a temp here I've just been thrown there with little to no help given on anything (logins etc). I don't feel valued here whatsoever. There are better places to work.
Pros
short commute
Cons
unorganised, little help given with the systems, unprofessional attitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otis Elevator Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Otis Elevator Company Reviews by Location