Orridge

Orridge Employee Reviews

United Kingdom240 reviews
Good company for part time job, not recommend for full time as they only pay national minimum wage and don't pay for traveling time something 4 hours to different cities in South east England !
Good for students and travelling fans up and down country !
Pros
Job is job
Cons
Too much traveling, minimum wage, beurocracy and no respect for your hardwork.
Worked there briefly to fill up my spare time and found the work to be simple enough but not the most engaging. After a while, the constant repeated process can be daunting but overall not too hard to manage.

The cons of the company is that there is no hours (Zero Hours) for the position and so you take work when it comes and sometimes that would mean travelling for several hours just to your place of work. Also, those hours aren't paid for unless you're the carpool driver and even then, they get paid every little amounts.

The other workers are lovely and management are reasonable.
Pros
Carpool to Work
Cons
No Job Security
Worst company I have ever worked for. This company has zero loyalty or respect for employees. Should be closed down. They say you get expenses but you have to fight to get them you end up paying them for work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything about the job is a con.
hours vary day to day depending on the client you are working for that current week. Hours also vary late shifts then early starts.
Poor training given
0 hour contracts. 0 respect for staff. 'We will find another one of you...'. Top down control with no respect for people. Working in the back of supermarkets for minimum wage with no guaranteed work
Having worked for Orridge for over 2 years it has been a lot of fun as i got to know many different people. The pay is minimum wage but if you count faster you could raise it up a little. The biggest problem with the job is the travel time. E.g i have a stock count to do in Manchester at Poundland and it starts at 4pm. I live in Bradford, so i go with the pool car and we set off around 2.30pm or sometimes a little earlier depending on rush hour traffic. It'll take about 1hr 30 minutes to get there and many times the job is no more than 6 hours. It'll then take 1hr 30minutes to get back. They do not pay for travel. So travelling for 3 hours you will not get paid. If you have your own car and travel you can claim back mileage. Also your whole day goes as most shifts start around 3 or 4pm. Some Primark's and Salisbury on weekends they could start as early as 11am.

It's the perfect job for students or someone who needs a little bit of dollar on the side. It's not good for anyone looking full time as there were times i was given 6 jobs in a week and then at times only 1 job a fortnight.

I hope this review helps somone
Orridge offer zero hour contracts and I must say based on my experience so far there hasn't been enough work. I've only had two, 6 hour shifts in about eight weeks so far as the jobs available appear on the company website and they are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Pros
Productivity based bonus.
Cons
Just not enough work.
They care less about their employees,make you travel long journeys and hours but won't pay for you for the time .as driver you expected to count after long hours drive.
Pros
Staff friendly depend on what day
Cons
Make sure your pay is correct
Orridge it a good company but they don’t have more sift, there is many gap of shift .
Payment are not good . Transport are quite good . Teamwork good . I would like to work for them again if I can get more shift
A typical day at work is check whether you are on shift on your portal, pick and choose where and when you work, show up on time, go to the location where you have agreed to do and count items til the job is finished.

What I have learnt is how to use the scanners and that you can no guaranteed hours and that you can be on you feet for long periods of time when you are offered work.

The workplace culture is stressful, but OK non the less

The hardest part of the job is the single scan, when i have to single scan small items. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have a laugh with the other members of staff and when I work in different locations and with different people.

Pros

Pick and choose where and when you work

Cons

Not guaranteed hours
Working conditions are good working with clients was fine dealing with clients day to day and staff were good staff and clients were very helpful making sure the stock take was run smoothly and clients were very happy
i started at orridge in august 2018 worked at topshop london twice claires accessories primark even a factory with a cherry picker that was fun.however moving to burnley was an absolute nightmare one of the bosses tyler was amazing however rory refused to pick me up for jobs.i did two jobs in lancashire one at superdrug and primark i was promised a lift but it seemed to be a problem with staff disgusting and disgraceful can you imagine having a family and they treat you like a second rate citizen NEVER AGAIN.down south was brilliant i liked priya.sadly up in lancashire a problem.made promises that were broken like ive loads of money to get there.
You are a drone, required to count stock at unrealistic rates which take absolutely no account of experience or what you're counting. My first shift started at 7pm and lasted 14 hours, my second lasted 16 and I was also the designated driver for 4 people, so I finally got home after 23 hours awake.
After a month waiting around for them to find me work, they then let me go without notification: The first I knew of it was when I received my P45 in the mail.
I've been employed by Orridge for a couple of months now but have only been on one job.
I'm in the North West but had to take a pool car from Bootle to Darlington. Left my house at 11.30am and was back home at 00.10am the next morning. They don't pay for travel time, so for this 12hr+ day I earnt less than £44! And I'm still waiting to be paid, now 5 days late.
Poor support and use old equipment made for a stressful job, long traveling and no travel time payments, sometimes travel to a job could be up to 3.5 hours with a 8 to 10 hours then a return drive 3.5 hours. Then no work for 4 days adds up to only 8 to 10 hours pay in 5 days..
Cons
Poor standards and counters are forced to count stock in walking freezers with no adequate protective wearing.
They ignore totally health and safety rules
as long as you’re a favourite you get all the good jobs if not you get pulled off jobs with no notice

not explained the process of using own car until you put an expense form in very poor communication
it was a good company to work for it is now going down hill very fast so I would not recommend you work for as they don't give you a lot of jobs that is why people are leaving
Due to the nature of the job its not a nine to five/shift job on the whole the staff are great to work with. A lot of travel with the job which you dont get paid for some over night staying away from home due to distance.
Although the work is simple and easy, hours are unreliable and infrequent unless you are willing to travel most, if not every day either with public transport or your own car.
The job is very easy to do, which in turn can make it very tedious. Can be difficult maintaining a good accuracy to speed ratio but once you've done it for a while it becomes second nature.