Orion Group Employee Reviews

Nice place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Heswall5 March 2019
This was a really nice atmosphere to work. It was more social then work as you had to be friendly and take care of the people with special needs. The people were all so lovely and nothing negative to say about the place.
company poor conduct
Dual Fuel Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 February 2019
the people in the company don't care about the engineers as they have them out going to jobs that can't be completed and you still have to pay for your van and petrol even though the company are aware of this.. only getting 2-3 jobs a day and the office not having g anything g else for you. jobs that are miles away from each other and complain when your unable to get to two locations booked at the same time. they have no regard for how it is to be a engineer on the road and are only concerned with office matters and will leave the engineer not earning any money. over 20 engineers have left this company within a month because of the way they conduct themselves, that speaks volumes!!! Bye Orion thank god
Pros
Cons
promises
Orion
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oxford21 January 2019
Orion group are an great agency when I contact Orion group I explained why I was contacting them and took my details through email later on that day I had a call back saying you got work tommorw provided me detail of were the job was
Better contact with ofice
Plate Fitter (Former Employee) –  Rosyth, Fife26 July 2018
Perfect place to work. Good management perfect rates. Good contact with coordinator and they really look after you. Helpful in any problem you can have including privet live.
Great Place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 January 2018
I think Orion Group is a great company to work for as an employee and as a contractor. They are very fair and understanding, give you good hours and will easily let you work round them too (Work Part time, work from home some days). They give you a good salary which they are usually willing to negotiate at the start of your career. The management team are extremely helpful and reliable along with all the other staff and my co workers were lovely and spent some time with me to help with my new role. They did lots of different types of things to get all the staff involved with each other e.g Christmas parties, lunches etc.
Cons
Good - no complaints
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife24 May 2017
I feel happy working for Orion - no complaints, salary paid on time without delays, helpful staff that take care of your needs if there are any issues they are resolved quickly.
telecoms engineer (Former Employee) –  North Sea Platfo12 May 2017
Experienced good relations with work colleagues from different vendors along with excellent support from the office staff on the beach both at Aberdeen and Great Yarmouth
Good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire23 November 2016
It was good to work with this group the only problem was that it was a 0 contracted hours so it was only working when they needed you but overall very good work and very good pay
Pros
Good pay
Cons
0 contracted hours
A good springboard for any Agency Recruitment personnel looking to move into in-house Recruitment.
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, UK8 August 2016
A typical day at work involved prioritising the vacancies that fell within my region and/or discipline, ensuring that said vacancies were advertised, sourcing potential candidates from a wide variety of sources, including online job sites and our own internal database, contacting both clients and candidates to arrange interviews and following up on any placements.

Learned a great deal about both Agency Recruitment and the Oil & Gas industry during time spent working at Orion Group.

During my 8 years working at Orion Group, all 4 of the managers I worked for over the years were extremely professional, helpful, dedicated individuals who led from the front and were a credit to the organisation.

Regarding co-workers, there was a very high turnover of staff during my time with the company, but the core group of Recruiters I worked with were among the most hard-working, responsible and team orientated people I've ever had the privilege of serving with.

The hardest part of this job was trying to source candidates and make placements on vacancies which were passed onto us from other offices which were over a week old, or were niche positions with a very small pool of candidates. Sending CV's into portals with little to no client feedback was also a little demoralising, but was an accepted part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction in matching the perfect candidate for a job and making a long-term job placement come true.
Pros
Good Management and Co-workers, Interesting Industry.
Cons
Inconsistent quality of clients and vacancies, could be frustrating and unfulfilling at times.
Great workers but work is scarce.
Track Operative (Self Employed) (Former Employee) –  Various26 October 2015
I enjoy working under Orion Group, all other workers i am set with are nice people and hard workers, the only issue i have is that the work is unpredictable i have to be available with short notice.
Pros
Good hourly rate.
Cons
Unpredictable shifts.
Ciekawa praca
Spawacz (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline29 June 2014
Ciekawa praca, dająca możliwości rozwoju.
Ocena pracy, bardzo dobra.
Nice office environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  inverness1 May 2014
Good overall experience at Orion.
Busy office environment, need to work as part of a team which i love.
More challenging parts are meeting deadlies as very busy.
Most enjoyable part is the job itself as it is good solid work.