Origin Housing Employee Reviews

Most staff are friendly. Senior Management are approachable.
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Euston, Greater London24 September 2017
Good place to work to get your understanding of the housing sector. It offers good work/life balance and promotes working from home and strives to listen to its residents and be more customer orientated.
Pros
very good work/life balance
Cons
low salary
Assessment & Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Enfield24 April 2017
I temped at their ponders end branch for 3-4 months. Enjoyed my time there, the management of this service were great and didn't over manage you and allowed you to set your own day to day work. I cant comment on career advancement or salary/benefits as I was a temp.
Nice place to work
support staff (Former Employee) –  london18 December 2016
Very hands on, a good mix between admin and supporting people.
Have gained a lot of confidence and better recognise what pushes my buttons and how better to cope with challenges.
Very good manager, I am blessed.
Great bunch of people, origin is very selective on who it employs in most cases.
shift work.
Feeling able to say I can make a positive difference to others lives.
Pros
Nice relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no pay rise
A Day in the Life
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Euston31 August 2016
My job is one where I get to meet new people everyday. It's a very rewarding feeling helping people onto the property ladder, knowing that you have been a major contributor into their future.

My colleagues are all lovely and we work very well side by side, ensuring we provide the best service to our customers.

I guess the hardest part of the role is when people are unhappy with the end result, so for example when prospective clients are not allocated to a property. It's hard to tell someone that they will not be getting a property due to not having enough points; but it's all part of the role still love my job.
Productive and good enviroment to work in bussy at times.
ORIGIN HOUSING ASSOCIATION BANK SCHEME MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, ENG11 November 2015
Its an excellent organisation to work for their aims and objectives are focus on the needs of the tenants and staff development and this is achieved by Management and staff working together as a team.
Pros
flexable working hours
Cons
Transport failure
Paperworks (Former Employee) –  London9 June 2015
My work experience in Origin Housings lasted for one week in March 2012. I had to work five hours a day from 11:00 in the morning. My duties were to file papers and corporate in a group activity. I worked with different colleagues for each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were visiting homes and recording what we have observed.
Pros
One hour lunch
Origin Housing Support worker
Temporary Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Arnos Grove16 February 2015
I recently started working on a temporary contract in a supported living project for Origin and have found the transition from my old job very smooth as the staff and management are all very friendly and helpful. I find the company working practices uncomplicated and effective and feel very supported in my new role.
Enjoyable place to work with a real emphasis on improvement and customer service
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 February 2015
Origin Housing has come a long way in the 4 years I have worked for them. They are driving up performance and are embedding company values into behaviours.

The employees withi the organisation are generally friendly, with a genuinely felt commitment to meeting customer expectations.

My only disappointment is that on occasions when employees are experiencing a difficult situation/customer, there can be a lack of ownership and responsibility in getting the issue resolved, which defeats the good work that has been achieved to date.

The management style is firm but fair, co-workers, particularly in HUman Resources are what made me come back to the organisation when I had a brief spell away at another housing association.

As the HR team is relative small (5 staff including Head of HR, who is not operational), at times it is difficult to keep up with the operational issues, whilst trying to develop and improve strategy to improve service provision, it can feel like fire fighting. Nevertheless, this is a small gripe, as I personally enjoy the operational aspects of the role.

The enjoyable part of my role is being able to work with and influence managers when they are dealing with staff matters. I work for a receptive management team who appreciate the perspective I bring and I always try and give them several options when there is a decision to make, so that they are able to evaluate the risks before a decision is made.
Pros
People
Cons
Opportunities to develop career
Busy workload
Head of IT & Office Services (Current Employee) –  London, ENG7 December 2013
A very busy Housing Association but with a relaxed atmosphere
Pros
Flexible working if not in management role
Chaotic and badly run
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Central London10 October 2012
Historically this organisation seems to have been run for the benefit of senior management whilst other more junior positions are filled by temps or staff on fixed term contracts, hence there is high staff turnover and little in house knowledge.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
poor leadership, terrible internal communication