Origin Broadband

Origin Broadband Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Worked here for a few years now and I absolutely love my job and love the people I work with. It's like a big family here and there is always support whenever you need it, no matter where you are in the business
Pros
People are everything, great benefits
Cons
really Bad place to work. I have never known anything like it. Managers have a terrible attitude towards staff, the ops manager is even worse. Avoid this place at all cost. Customers are treated terrible as all they care about is sales but the business can not handle it
Pros
That I don’t work there anymore
I have worked for Origin Broadband since 2017, the atmosphere within the office is nothing I have ever experienced before (having worked in both call centres and small businesses) the office is relaxed yet very productive with incentives for all staff members regardless of position.
Origin is a great place to work at. The benefits you get are brilliant. Free cans of pop, staff lottery, summer parties, the list goes on. Management are great and Team Leaders really help and listen to you when needed.
Great place to work, lovely people to be around and very competitive wages. Fast paced and very exciting. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a chalendge
Absolutely shocking place to work. Management are so far up their own .... they forget that they actually need to make changes to the business. The company its-self is in 4.1m pound of date and currently in a CVA. They own NONE of their assets and set advisers on that can barely use a computer. Avoid like the plague.
A lot changes no update to the staff until last minute. Management is a mess. It seems like they don't know what they're doing. They keep making the same mistakes each year.
Pros
Free lunch and fruit
Cons
Constant shift changes
it was a good work environment with a busy atmosphere. I learnt how to interact with people over the phone and how to sell my product (broadband) effectively.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
small office
The inept uncaring management do nothing but line their pockets at the expense of the front line staff. They promise training and progression, and whilst they're quick to move you around the business to where they need you, they seldom train adequately to enable you to perform to a minimum level. This is also what they mean by progression, but you will be used for your drive to progress and then pushed back down when it suits them. Don't even think about being rewarded for your hard work other than a smile and pat on the back for a job well done.

At the time of writing this employer review, they have just shed around 40 staff by means of redundancies where they did not pay the final wage, notice period, outstanding holiday pay or actual redundancy payment at all, leaving former employees hung out to dry and having to persue what is owed as if they were a supplier (not valued staff) through the companies insolvency practitioner and the government.

Now (January 2019) less than a month after these redundancies we're hiring again. They can't really ask any of the redundant back because, let's face it, when you work people over and don't pay them when showing them the door with promises that wages and monies owed will be honoured and then don't, it's difficult to re-engage these people.

I for one am looking to leave. I was lucky to get through the latest staff cull and still have a job, but have no faith that anyone here has a future. Do yourself a favour if you're considering Origin Broadband as an employer, and don't bother.
Pros
Free coffee tea and toast
Cons
No security trust or value
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Origin Broadband?
This company has mistreat myself and many of my previous colleagues.
I was dismissed without any warning in what appears was a bid to save money when the company needed to raise extra funds for a move to their new building.

What had myself or the other 16 of us who were dismissed done wrong? We are still awaiting answers.

The company failed to pay final salaries on time which resulted in a lot of distressed unemployed former staff.

I know that this review is quite harsh but my reason behind this is I want it to be as honest as possible and truly reflect my experience with this company. It is not intended to make people not apply for a position here, I understand the job market is tough and people have to be gratefull for any jobs that are offered. I simply want future employees to be weary.

Do not fall for false promises of progression. Do not believe everybody is your friend, they are not. Especially if they are or have been management at some point. Everybody wants to get to the top and colleagues are seen as stepping stones rather than team members.

Be very weary of this company.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Pretty much everything.
I had been working for this company for quite a long time, however I no longer work here, (not through my own choice).
The company encourages internal progression, and although you will get moved to various teams to broaden your knowledge they will employ somebody new rather than put you into a position you are trained for.

Structure is severely lacking, staff use their mobile phones whilst on the phone to customers, this is a breach of data protection as staff have access to bank details and personal information.

Management seems to be out of its depth and is constantly trying to change things on a trial and error basis, it is apparent it is more error.

Work place culture is probably a cross between wolf of wall street and a kindergarten, laughing and joking is often heard by customers and complained about but nothing is ever done to combat this.

The hardest part of the job is probably having to deal with customers who have been failed by the company and not having any resources to actually resolve any customer issues or complaints.

The most enjoyable part of the job is probably the annual parties they provide such as the Christmas ball and the summer fate, however I feel this money could have been better spent investing in the staff rather than amusing us twice in the same year.
Pros
Parties, Free Toast, Free Broadband.
Cons
Unsociable hours, lack of staff resources.
I've worked at the company for over 6 months now and I have stuck with the role and gone through ups and downs, as with any job, but I find the people you work with are absolutely amazing and the buzzing environment is infectious. Everyone works as a team and if you ever need help, personal or with work, there's someone you can rely on. The management are down to earth and actually bother to listen when you have problems, plus, because it's not a huge corporate company, they can actually make changes quickly when they need to.

I've made some amazing friends at Origin and it's launched my career in telecommunications, sonid recommend it to anyone looking at working in this industry and wanting to start with a company where you can genuinely work your way up, without having to have a rediculous number of years experience.
Pros
Free broadband, free tea and toast, people like a laugh
Cons
Don't get bank holidays off, sudden changes due to size of the company
this company lacks structure and does not follow correct guidelines when dealing with staff or customers. They seem unable to follow correct HR procedure and a lot of higher management work falls onto team leaders who are untrained and inexperienced.
since leaving this company I have realised a lot that the company does wrong and a lot of regulations that they do not comply with. This may be due to the company having no quality or compliance guidelines.
Pros
Free Broadband
Cons
Unglued staff, Fed lies from higher management, Untrained
Worked here for a while now, nearly a year. Currently looking for a new job just to help out a little. Interested in finding another job flexible for me.