Orchard Care Homes Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Lyme Wood court (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside18 June 2018
I worked here for 2 months, loved the job and residents. Management bully's, lazy staff leaving residents in wet pads. Report problems and they make out your the bad one. Avoid at all costs, feel sorry for the people who live there
worse company ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley16 June 2018
I worked at this home for a good few years until orchard tuck over and it just when downhill from them, no support from management, all about paper work, very run down home, no time to interact with residents, worse place I have ever worked,
Pros
Cons
2 many to say
Poor management and unpaid annual leave
Carer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 May 2018
Not a nice atmosphere to work in. Bullying environment and the management don't listen when you complain or report something or someone. Polish, romanians and Indian workers are bullies. They speak their language and make you feel uncomfortable at work.
Orchard lofthouse
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Lofthouse Wakefield8 May 2018
Disgusting place to work pay shocking hours long no care to the elderly just rushed in bed or rushed to eat left alone a lot as the other staff were so clicky and loved going for sigs bereavement was a joke and also so was sickness no compassion as it was genuine ended up leaving as couldn’t take anymore of the bullying and falseness from management wouldn’t work here again feel sorry for the residents as they are not cared for always accidents and deaths would not recommend this place very scary to have worked here only worked 2 shifts and left
Pros
None at all
Cons
Bad pay long hours no care for residents
fantastic
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bolsover, Derbyshire17 April 2018
No two days are the same what happens in a day changes constantly thats part of the fun.
There have been management changes recently and all for the good, the company is now more focused than ever on quality of care and everything is about the service user.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being priviledged to care for the residents and enabling them to do as much as possible. Our residents feel safe, comfortable and have a sense of worth.
Pros
the people we work with
Cons
increase pay for all staff they deserve so much more they all go above and beyond
Friendly and welcoming
Carer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire29 March 2018
Orchard care home was a nice place to work friendly staff and very supportive management /supervisors doing the day to day Work was never boring everyday was different residents and their families were nice also some became friends even when I left .
Pros
Went home every night with a smile on my face and a sense of accomplishment
Cons
Could be quite stressful
Terrible
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2018
I have worked in care for nearly 13 and never had a problem untill orchard care took over my work place, they are a bunch of lying bullies who will suspend you for not flushing the toilet, they are underhanded and treat their staff terribly, they do not care about you as an employee and use bulling tactics to get there own way.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
love it
carer (Current Employee) –  bolsover10 March 2018
I have been at this home 5 years the residents call it home and call the staff family. Everywhere has its ups and downs we all have our bad days but we support each other laugh together cry together and I am proud to be part of the team that works there.
The hardest part is when residents die we cry because we care, the best part going out and about with them on trips seeing them enjoying life to the full and helping to make that happen.
Pros
job satisfaction at job well done
Cons
long hours for minimum wage
Worst place for residents and employees!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haslingden, Lancashire17 February 2018
I worked here very briefly and this experience has put me off working in care homes ever again, nor would I recommend this home to anyone either to work or for their relatives to stay. The home is very badly run, management have no idea how to manage and some of the staff have no idea how to care or how to behave. Twelve hour shifts with no break as there was never enough staff to cover (although the smokers always found time to go out to smoke). Breaks were unpaid as well. Far too much unnecessary paperwork so no time to spend on giving residents the care they needed. Always running out of things for residents personal care, equipment was old and dirty, tatty bedding and towels, everything about this place was wrong. They were only interested in cutting costs. Even residents complained at the state of the place and how much they had to pay for it. Staff were overworked and underpaid so it's no wonder they didn't perform at their best. Management were not interested in residents or staff well being, they would make a big fuss over trivial things and ignore the serious issues. The hardest part of the job? Keeping cheerful in front of the residents and trying your best to give them the care they deserved. The most enjoyable part of the job? Leaving.
Cons
Nice place to work with a good support network
Registered Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire9 February 2018
I have been working here for nearly a year now and find it a nice and enjoyable place to work. Its hard work but worth every minute when your residents are happy and well looked after. Proud to be an orchard employee. A typical day fly's by as we are all busy and having fun while we work.
Pros
Happy team and nice environment
Do not work here
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Lofthouse29 January 2018
I spent 4 years with orchard & when I left on maternity leave I was pushed out of my job. The care is appalling and the home it’s self is failing and always under investigation. Wages are never correct and the staff are shocking. Management treat staff like slaves and have no respect at all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management & poor wage.
Lovely home
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire17 January 2018
Fabulous home, staff enjoy the working environment, residents well cared for, excellent facilities. Excellent prospects for progression and internal promotion
Pros
Free lunches
ok
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire16 January 2018
its a good job for carers who are just starting but there are no finacial benefits and its very stressful.
the hours are far to long but thats good for people with no children
the shift pattern is to much.
Pros
good work community
Cons
no life
not a good company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 January 2018
not a good company to work for but the residents were the best thing I enjoyed learnt a lot very challenging working nights typical night was very tiring 12 hour shifts working with colleagues a lot of support when needed
Pros
working with colleaugues
Cons
working night shifts
Dismal
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  penwortham8 January 2018
This company thrives in failure.
the most enjoyable part of working for this company was making a difference in the older adults lives that were left in their chairs with no interaction and no stimulation, gods waiting room springs to mind

management were aggressive, second management was in place and was unprofessional arrogant and went out on many outings, such as 'reviews' with the same staff constantly.

unsupportive and intimidating company
Never again
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighouse, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
Worked here for 9 weeks at brighouse ,the management bully new staff, you have to be related to fit in there ,don't let you interact with residents ,1 staff on a floor at night ,no help
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor wages
Horrible company
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire8 January 2018
Do not work for this company awful people in management positions don't know what they are doing constantly short staffed worst move I ever made working for this company high staff turn over more interested in making money rather than being care focused time spent mostly doing paperwork rather than spending quality time with the residents stay away !!
Pros
Lovely residents some nice staff
Cons
Long hours bad management
Good staff
Carer (Current Employee) –  Castleford3 January 2018
Lovely home and nice to work there management ok and the main thing about the place it’s all budget and I think the residents deserve the best off everything
Think carefully before working here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham18 November 2017
Receptionist does a better job than a guard dog!.unpleasant, rude , and definitely unhelpful.She definitely thinks she is in charge , sneaking in the home through the night trying to catch carers asleep ! Once you get passed her most staff are ok ,but sadly most have left along with the nurses. there has been lots of different managers in the 18months i was there. With the right manager and staff it could be a fab home .
Pros
Nice building .
Cons
understaffed, no encouragement to proceed up career ladder. Quick turnover of staff.
No progression but not bad salary for the role
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire8 November 2017
Basic sales ledger or purchase ledger jobs, study support and okay salary but no room for progression in your actual role.
Frustrating when it would have supported the study.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4