Orchard Care Homes

Orchard Care Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom163 reviews
Most staff are friendly and hardworking. Manager is rude most of the time. Agency are always working due to it being short staffed. Some agency staff pull their weight more then permanent staff. Residents don’t get a good variety of meals. And usually if certain staff are on residents only get changed twice a day if the right staff are on they do everything they can. Staff don’t get praised enough for their hard work and dedication
Pros
The hard working staff
Cons
Over worked, shift staffed
No care for the staff and breaks were non existent, working 12 hours without a break was very tough. Best thing about the place is the residents. Food is shocking, portion sizes very very poor considering the amount residents actually pay to live there! Activities non existent and lack of funds for the activities meaning staff were paying for thingd to do out of their own pocket! Avoid at all cost if you want good mental health!
Pros
Decent wage but no time off to spend this
Cons
Awful shift patterns, no life!
I took a job as a senior carer and was so happy to start,my first day there,my mentor nor deputy knew i was starting.It didnt take long for staff,mainly agency,who were lovely to tell me manager horrible will not support you or help you,very nice to your face.12 hrs doing drug run on a computer,no interaction with residents.was told after3 shifts i would be running downstairs floor.rooms were dirty and i would not put my dog in there never mind humans.
Pros
staff bar 1, teachers pet, lovely
Cons
everything
I wasn't happy after 6 month into my new position as I could see & hear cracks appearing within the company, I felt under pressure, overworked. And looked down on. 90 % of the managers I dealt with were rude and obnoxious. 30% of the staff were fine the other 70% were horrible, rude and not interested. Always moanig how bad the company was and how they were poorly treated.
Pros
Cons
Dreadful communication, Poor work ethics, under payed, under staffed, care and dignity towards residents very poor.
I have rang head office three times and sent an email,I am still awaiting a reply. Like all private care homes promise the world but deliver very little. My question is very straight forward, I have not been rude nor abrupt, so no reason why my call shouldn't be returned.
Orchard should be ASHAMED of themselves, zero staff support, management refuse to help on weekends as “they’re not in the building”. Admin send out letters that management aren’t aware of. Very little do you get your breaks yet smokers will ALWAYS find a way to sneak out. Residents only get soup and sandwiches on an evening meal time and can go from 5pm to 9am with no feed in between as kitchen stock is locked after the chef leaves at half 3. Stock for residents is also locked away leaving residents to be sat in dirty pads unless the manager allows us to get more out. Many times residents are neglected over the sake of people going out for cogarettes or because staff can’t be bothered to contribute their fair share of the work.
Well organized staff, management approachable. Loved my time at grimsby home. Would love to go back now my circumstance have changed. All training was updated regularly. Left through personal problems which management understood and tried to help.
Pros
Staff professional and very caring. Management always on hand if needed
Cons
No matter what happens you get moan at even when you're days off you get blame for something you haven't been working for a few days they slag you off
what an awful place to work! management are rude and not very approachable. I am finding it very difficult to understand how the home was rated "good" by cqc, paisley lodge has such a high staff turnover it is unreal, manager to bothered about doing spot checks of the dining room or lounge rather than making sure there is enough staff on for the residents to get the CARE they need!! activities are non existent in the home, we are ALWAYS rushed off our feet and there is no time to sit and actually spend time with residents the only time we are sitting down is to fill in paperwork. company is mostly money driven, unreal how bad the staffing is however the expectations are very high, the management will not offer any support what so ever, will not even smile or say hello and acknowledge you are there!
Worked for Orchard for a year. Worst year of my life. Head office and regional director is a nasty piece of work. If you value your career don't work there.
Avoid at all costs no time for yourself ever long shifts and no help from the company avoid
Forced to pick up shifts made to feel like you Letting everyone down if you don't
I worked at rastrick care home and hated it the managers were rubbish and had there own little group i would never work here again. I didn't feel the residents had the care they should have had and the only time anything was ever done is if they were due to get a visit from the cqc thats the only time you seen the management show even a little bit off interest
I enjoyed my time with orchard, they had some great systems that I appreciated, management structure and support was good. I would return if the opportunity arose
Pros
Support and systems
Cons
Pressure
Wouldn’t work there again bad communication with management worst company I’ve ever worked for so definitely wouldn’t go back if I was desperate for work
Cons
Like all companies who are all about making money they don't care about what is happening on the ground, staff running around like headless chickens due to residents being poorly placed as its all about putting a bum in a bed and making the money. No insentives for extra shifts no bonus paid. Breaks not paid for. Wages always wrong.
There is no care at this home all for show worst place I ever worked manager does nt know how to treat her staff very unhelpful full of snakes and back stabbed
Work in housekeeping is very hard and not reflected in pay. Lack of communication on all levels. Too much mentality of ‘we do it like this because that’s how we have always done it’ when this does not necessarily work best.
In all would not recommend working here.
Good place to work, feel supported by management whilst working for orchard. Good support with progressing education. Down sides not enough staff at times and wage is very low given the job and skills that is expected of you
Staff great to work with. On the go training. Work as a team. Enjoyed time working there. Definitely would recommend working there. Hard work at times.
Heavy job role oftern multi tasking for minimum wage. Rewarding for making a difference in people's lives. No career progression available. Staffing levels could be better. Menaly and physically challenging.
Pros
Makimg a difference to individials lives.
Cons
Long hours heavy job role.
Staff friendly, very poor management and support of manager. Good 3 on 3 off shifts apart from management not doing the rota fairly at Christmas time. Would not recommend to work in St. Helens hall and lodge
Pros
Staff friendly, modern home.
Cons
Management needs to inprove ALOT
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3