Orchard Care Homes Employee Reviews

Think twice about working for this company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear15 September 2018
Worked for this company for a while wish I had never set eyes on the place it's not about the CARE just money with this company staff up managers behind if your face fits your ok bulling goes on.
Wages never right and if you leave they stitch you by taking what you worked off so your left with nothing any one thinking about working for this company RUN
Pros
Cons
Not about the CARE ALL FOR MONEY
Worst place I ever worked
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire15 September 2018
Management appalling. Unbelievable workload. Pay always incorrect. Didn't get proper induction I left after 3 months after hardly any infuction. No support from management. Too many things wrong. Nothing right. Worst place I have ever worked. In 40 years!!
Pros
Lovely residents
Awfull Work Place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 September 2018
Not only an awfull work place but a awfull care home. They treat both there staff and residents like something that has been walked in from your shoes. Management have no respect for employees and most employees are unhappy at work. Orchard now have under the required staffing levels so require 10 times more work from an individual whilst management sit around doing nothing. Dont make the mistake lots of others have! Stay away! This care home will be closed down shortly anyway!
Pros
Helping the residents
Cons
Everything!
If you love threatening behaviour and bullies for managers then this is the company for you!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire29 August 2018
Absolutely disgusting company full of bullies. No one takes you seriously or listens. Training is non existent. No development or support and you'll never get signed off on proper money! Avoid avoid avoid...staff turnover says it all
Pros
Residents and lovely care workers
Cons
Bullies
Disgusting company
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear24 August 2018
I was sacked after I left work after my shift had ended as I had to get home for my 3 small children.i was basically told the residents come first not my kids
Pros
Residents
Cons
The company has not got a caring bone in it
Bullying management at The Orchard
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 August 2018
I worked here for a year and had a horrible time. The staff try extremely hard to compensate for the lack of staff and horrible management but there is little that can be done. The manager speaks to the staff and residents in an extremely disrespectful way and goes out of her way to embarrass and belittle the carers. I can honestly say that this place had a hugely negative impact on many people’s mental health, including my own. I would NEVER advise someone to work here.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management, staff-shortages
Terrible
SCA (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear11 August 2018
Management don't care, big wigs don't care, wages short, staff short, residents left for prolonged periods, concerns raised and ignored, staff meetings-shambles!!
Pros
Cons
everything bad
SCA. Not a good company to work for
SCA (Former Employee) –  Thornton hall and lodge6 August 2018
Awful company to work for. Basically you just have to get on with your job with no back up or support from management. Most days doing four job roles!! Really bad company no respect at all from management.
Pros
Cons
Your just a number to them
Lovely company to work for and very fulfilling
PR Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire3 August 2018
Working at Head Office I feel like my work is valued and I love working with the homes and their residents.
My boss is fantastic and very supportive. I made the decision to move as I wanted to make a difference in peoples lives and that ideology has not been let down by this company.
Very lovely home to work
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clipstone, Nottinghamshire30 July 2018
I worked as a bank carer at clipstone hall and lodge and loved my job had to leave for personal reasons, while I was at clipstone hall and lodge I found the staff very nice and the management very supportive.
Too personal
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birstall, West Yorkshire9 July 2018
The job was fun at first but eventually people that work there just get way too personal and let that take over their work load and never seem to get along at all
Awful company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood24 June 2018
The shifts were good, 3 on 3 off. That’s probably the only good thing about working for orchard! I was messed about with wages every pay day & not paid the correct amount. I left & had to wait 3 months for my wage to be paid to me after going in countless times to sort it out. Management wasn’t the best, very in approachable. The care staff was lovely , a great bunch of girls to work with but I would say avoid at all costs. Orchard are a shocking company to work for!
Pros
Shift patterns
Cons
Underpaid and management isn’t the best.
Worst place to work
Lyme Wood court (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside18 June 2018
I worked here for 2 months, loved the job and residents. Management bully's, lazy staff leaving residents in wet pads. Report problems and they make out your the bad one. Avoid at all costs, feel sorry for the people who live there
worse company ever
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley16 June 2018
I worked at this home for a good few years until orchard tuck over and it just when downhill from them, no support from management, all about paper work, very run down home, no time to interact with residents, worse place I have ever worked,
Pros
Cons
2 many to say
Poor management and unpaid annual leave
Carer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 May 2018
Not a nice atmosphere to work in. Bullying environment and the management don't listen when you complain or report something or someone. Polish, romanians and Indian workers are bullies. They speak their language and make you feel uncomfortable at work.
Orchard lofthouse
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Lofthouse Wakefield8 May 2018
Disgusting place to work pay shocking hours long no care to the elderly just rushed in bed or rushed to eat left alone a lot as the other staff were so clicky and loved going for sigs bereavement was a joke and also so was sickness no compassion as it was genuine ended up leaving as couldn’t take anymore of the bullying and falseness from management wouldn’t work here again feel sorry for the residents as they are not cared for always accidents and deaths would not recommend this place very scary to have worked here only worked 2 shifts and left
Pros
None at all
Cons
Bad pay long hours no care for residents
very draining
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clipstone, Nottinghamshire30 April 2018
due to lack of good staff alot of pressure on others doing everything. management always say they will support but never do as nothing has improved from raising concerns
Pros
location and hours
Cons
managment
fantastic
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bolsover, Derbyshire17 April 2018
No two days are the same what happens in a day changes constantly thats part of the fun.
There have been management changes recently and all for the good, the company is now more focused than ever on quality of care and everything is about the service user.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being priviledged to care for the residents and enabling them to do as much as possible. Our residents feel safe, comfortable and have a sense of worth.
Pros
the people we work with
Cons
increase pay for all staff they deserve so much more they all go above and beyond
Friendly and welcoming
Carer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire29 March 2018
Orchard care home was a nice place to work friendly staff and very supportive management /supervisors doing the day to day Work was never boring everyday was different residents and their families were nice also some became friends even when I left .
Pros
Went home every night with a smile on my face and a sense of accomplishment
Cons
Could be quite stressful
Terrible
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2018
I have worked in care for nearly 13 and never had a problem untill orchard care took over my work place, they are a bunch of lying bullies who will suspend you for not flushing the toilet, they are underhanded and treat their staff terribly, they do not care about you as an employee and use bulling tactics to get there own way.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4