Opus Energy Employee Reviews

Opus energy
Change of Tenancy Administator (Former Employee) –  Northampton1 January 2019
Worked there for 2 years in the customer service department, the company is good if your face fits or love to be treated like a mug. Classic case of one rule for one another for another found the head of department rude along with the majority of HR. The place is a joke. Brilliant place to work if you have no back bone just be prepared for them to rip the soul out of you and for you to want to die by the time you have finished your probabtion period. Which again is another joke within itself 🤷🏻‍♀️

Overtime was good whilst it lasted but it apparently “ is up to managers discretion” which is also apparently written in your “overtime contract”... my “overtime contract” was non existent as The company don’t actually have one... (I know hilarious) which the company then decided to back track when I asked for a copy of it 😂

Honestly if you like the idea of wanting to shoot yourself in the face everyday and being surrounded by blind people who are too affraid to stand up for themselves this is the right place for. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate opus energy being very much like auschwitz.

Enjoy the circus kids ✌🏻🎉
Pros
Still trying to work this one out and I left last year 🤔
Cons
“Hopeless opus” the customers are not the wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️
good company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton13 December 2018
very large up and coming commercial electric and gas supplier. this company is great to work for as they have many different departments doing different things.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire24 September 2018
Learned how to delegate with customers over the phone and via letters.
Dealt with third party companies.
developed friendships within the company and various departments,
Hardest part of the job was reaching 100% on targets by end of 4 month probation.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with and learning from my colleagues
Pros
my colleagues
Decent Place to Work
Commissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northampton11 September 2018
I find the salary and benefits I get with this company are very good and they are very understanding in regards to holidays, sickness and maternity leave. I enjoy the workplace as I work with some really good people however I have found it difficult to advance from my current role plus I do not always feel that employees opinions are listened to on work related matters.
Pros
Good Benefits & Salary
Cons
Difficult company to advance in
love the company but only advance if your face fits.
anon (Current Employee) –  Northampton22 April 2018
demanding work, whilst enjoyable has a "squeeze that lemon culture" which often means various departments are understaffed with high expectations to meet the kpis of a fully staffed department. staff turnover high as a result and unhappy throughout the business.
benefits
Cons
not listened too and clicky
Nice place to work
Corporate Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oxford13 April 2018
My daily tasks were not very varied, but I did not mind that at all.
Simple data entry mixed with some problem solving and investigation when information was missing. Calm environment, I would recommend working there.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 February 2018
Great company with great working culture. Unfortunately were unable to offer a permanent position. Management and senior staff are very accommodating.
n/a
customer service (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire23 February 2018
job was okay got on well but was thrown in the deep end and needed to learn the systems as soon as and take calls as soon as so was very presured enviroment
Can be an enjoyable place to work
Credit Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Overall my time at Opus was my mixed, however if given the opportunity in the correct department I imagine I would still be working there.

I have some friends who are still there in Customer Care who still enjoy it. This is one of the departments I know I would have flourished in.
Pros
Pay, Training, Location
Cons
Credit Department
Good Workplace
Credit Control Team Senior (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire13 February 2018
There are many opportunities. Extremely fast paced and ever changing. If you work hard then you will succeed. There are also many department that you can transfer to
answer calls in call centre , target driver role
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  moulton park northampton15 November 2017
To answer calls in a polite friendly manner to business users for electricity/Gas supply, The queries could be on existing tariffs where they are calling to see why bill is incorrect, to make payment, to change tenancy, to set up a Payment Plan if account is in debt, Occasionally get complaint calls about the service the customer has received where these calls would go to our Customer Care department.
Taking between 60-70 calls a day working on a 3 shift pattern 8-4.30, 9-5.30 or 9.30-6 Monday to Friday and one Saturday in every 4 weeks.
This is a target driven role.
enjoyable part is dealing cutomers
hardest part was dealing with angry customers
i learnt to manage abusive customers and to do quotations and check tariffs and invoices and take payments over the telephone
Pros
local in northampton
Cons
shfit pattern and saturday work
happy workplace
Invoicing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 November 2017
Opus was a great place to work at but sometimes the work ethics used to get a bit muddled on the way and the staff were not listened to. The management sometimes forgot that it was the staff who took the brunt of abuse but sometimes no words of thanks were given for good customer service
Pros
Canteen on site
Cons
Never felt really valued
Intense and awkward atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 September 2017
When starting the company it was really good but as you settle in they expect way too much from an individual expecting you to complete work that is not under your job role in your job description. The way certain management treat staff is disgusting
Conventional Office Work
Customer Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire29 August 2017
Everyday is the same day at Opus Energy. It is a job role that requires you to have patience and know the role well, immediately. The day is always predictable and can become tedious. The management aren't the greatest and progression is non existent. The office staff are cliquey and show disdain to other teams in the business.
Pros
Set Hours
Cons
Unfulfilling
Pays well but awful place
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 August 2017
Good bonus scheme. However in my experience I'd never leave a secure job to work here ever again . Head of Procurement was awful to work for, very clicky culture. Everyone is so used to a high staff turnover it's as though no-one can spare the effort on new starters
Pros
Home time
Cons
All of it
nice company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 July 2017
lovely company to work for. great benefits and good holidays. sick pay not great . a lovely bunch of people to work for though.
depending on which department you get into you may .ot have to speak to customers and this is great but if you do have to then be warned they can be quite rude and aggressive. telephony is not for the faint hearted
Pros
good working hours great benefits
Cons
lots of angry customers and complaints
Good if you would like a fast moving career
Cutsomer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire7 June 2017
Great bonus structure. Excellent training provided and support available. Targets make the job a little more stressful than it could be. Nice people and strong work ethic.
Pros
Free parking currently
Cons
Target driven
Agent Friendly.
Quality Assurance Assessor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 May 2017
Good place to work as an agent, good opportunity for growth and great benefits. A lot of training and support given in the role, good teams and a diverse group of colleagues.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Hours.
N/a
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire4 May 2017
It is a really good place to work at as you work in a team
To achieve targets in a team and as a individual. The company works together with you to insure you are enjoying work and your surroundings
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Daily work
Office manager project lead (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire7 April 2017
A typical day at work was ensuring all operators had completed work from the day before with a morning huddle. We would then allocate work for the day ahead and plan for any holidays or sickness. I Learned that every person you manage is different and have different needs to the others. Workplace culture at Opus is very stressful as people are trying to collect debt from non paying customers, so the turnover in staff is quite high. The hardest part of the job was speaking to field sales reps who were having a bad day. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting goals for people and seeing them achieve them.
Pros
Bonus system
Cons
High turnover in young staff