Optivo Employee Reviews

Great place and great people to work with
Finance Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London6 April 2019
The company is good and there is always support from the senior management. The company take great care to develop their staff via internal training programme.

The work and life balance is good and good annual leave plus one extra as birthday leave. The company's core values are customer focus, one team, respect and Enthusiastic. All the employees are encouraged to apply those value to provide one the best service the customer in housing and other related area such community project. I believe the Optivo is doing a great jobs.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
not that I know
nice Place to work
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne29 March 2019
It's a very people based company and keen on diversity. The workplace culture is very team based and easy going. The hours are good and flexible, and again easy going.
Pros
Easy flexible Hours
Cons
Very paper based
still standing
Senior Home Ownership Officer (Former Employee) –  was based in Croydon office22 March 2019
lots of incoming calls emails, never enough time in the day. but great bunch of people make it worthwhile.
property managers work well with other departments to get things done.
ownership is a big part of the culture..
Pros
well paid
Ok work place
Team Assistant- Legal (Current Employee) –  Croydon18 January 2019
I have been with Optivo for 3 years. Very multicultural environment and busy. Very challenging and staff are always up for helping others and our residents.
Pros
Good training academies and culture
Cons
Very demanding and busy
Fantastic place to work, with great cukture
Operations (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2019
Great people. Fun culture. Great sense of purpose. Inspiring colleagues. Genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion. The best place I’ve ever worked. Recent highlight for me was the staff conference that brought us all together for the first tine since merger. Left feeling really inspired and proud to work for the company.
Pros
People, culture and sense of purpose
Change Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chertsey2 January 2019
our two companies merged last year and following change management review, I along with many others have been made redundant

I have very much enjoyed my time working here at St Peters Hospital and will be sorry to leave my lovely colleagues and our residents as I fell part of the same family, as we have worked and laughed together for many years.
Pros
good working hours and free parking
Cons
Out of hours rota for months on end
No place to progress if you are an ethnic minority
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 October 2018
Do not expect to further your career with this employer if your skin colour is off-white. A simple "look" at the lack of ethnic diversity at leadership, ET and board level says it all. Apart from that a decent company to work for.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Instutionalised Racism
Great Environment
Student Fire Warden (Former Employee) –  Colindale, Greater London19 July 2018
Management are really great to work with and and you feel very valued.

They provide training for the role, reward you for honesty and work achieved. There is also opportunities for extra shifts. Working where you live is a great advantage.
Modern Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  National13 May 2018
I have experienced a very diverse working environment. I have managed a number of projects and business relationships that have provided me with corporate representation responsibility.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Working from home
Dedicated Staff
Clerk of Works (Site Based) Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Kent1 May 2018
Working for the social housing sector, providing new homes to buy, part own or rented accommodation. Some commercial properties are available. Offices throughout London, Kent and Sussex.
Community orientated work environment
Retirement Scheme Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 March 2018
My role includes day to day contact with the residents checking on their wellbeing. No 2 days are the same but I work at quite a fast pace & to many deadlines as there is a lot of paperwork & reporting to keep up with especially since last year May when there was a company merger that went ahead.

The hardest part of the job is time management & balancing the contact I have with the residents & completing all the auditing, reporting & emails that need responding to.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the difference my presence on site & around the scheme has on certain individuals that are no longer so active due to a variety of different reasons makes to them & the joy I feel when I have done something no matter how small makes to their lives.
Pros
Get free dental & eye care
Cons
Too many changes & uncertanties within the organisation
Following 'partnership' which turned out to be hostile takeover - low moral
Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  South East18 February 2018
Company formed for Amicus Horizon & Viridian Housing in 2017. Sold to staff as a partnership due to the positive financial and company ratings of both, it has developed into a hostile takeover by AH, with a large number of VH employees being removed from post, in comparison to those from AH.
The Executive team is basically from AH, and most systems, even those which are less effective/efficient, are from the AH side.
New employees should eventually see a positive, customer focused environment, where management encourage participation in decision making, with a strong charitable ethos within the Company, where employees are encouraged to support good causes.
So....watch this space as the process continues across all departments and if moral can be saved from a complete nose dive then it may recover to be a good place to work.
Pros
Management asking for input/collaberation
Cons
Current uncertainty and low moral.
Great and fun place to work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 September 2017
Great place to work but due to my own family commitment and the nature of the job's required time shift, I'm having to compromise family time. I'm only able to do weekend shifts and the hours can be long (12 hrs on job site). I prefer to work week days, like the other members of my family, and having the flexibility to do from 9:30 am to 2:15pm (due dropping and picking child to and from school), which the current company is not able to offer.

I was working with this company prior to going on maternity leave six years ago and only recently returned (this year) to work.
Pros
Cons
Hours of work not flexible enough.
Fantastic place to work.
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Kent6 August 2017
Great culture - customers at the heart of everything. Respect, collaboration and support key to brilliant working and successful outcomes. One team approach and a 'no blame' culture.
Pros
Fantastic culture
Cons
Good job security, poor work culture at retirement schemes
Concierge (Current Employee) –  London12 July 2017
The overall company is good. However, the specific retirement scheme I work at has a very poor culture. It's ok for me personally because I keep to myself most of the time. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a person that doesn't like this type of environment.