Optivo

Optivo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
I worked as a Property Administrator under a temporary ongoing contract through a recruitment agency with Optivo. I gave Administrative, customer service and scheduling support to the DLO and Gas Team at Colwell House in Clapham then at the Tram Shed at Croydon. They were going through a transition of two housing associations merging into one (Amicus Horizon and Viridian). I enjoyed working as part of a team and giving support to both the DLO and Gas teams. My last 5 months was spent at the Tram Shed at Croydon. They were a very sociable group of people. On Fridays, they played music and we all enjoyed Friday, it was a good atmosphere.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Being an experience mature worker I was very disappointed with the way management handled general matters. HR was also disappointing when it came to none judgmental support being provided. In relation to bad management and travel expenses delays in payment, causing difficult for getting to other location being advised to attend.

Even when written complain was made vital points were intentionally overlooked and even removed purposely to cover for staff instead of dealing with the matter fairly to address faults which needed to be improved upon.

This was a big shame especially when residents gave positive feedback on service they were receiving from myself at the time and they wanted me to remain in place.

Since leaving I have been approached from several agencies to be put forward to Optivo which proves my experience remains in place but I would never accept an assignment in this organisation again because they have proven to me, not to be professonal and fair overall. As a committed professional staff member I found it shocking how a new staff member can be treated when you are open and honest in your personal experience.
Spent a number of years working for the organisation in its previous guise. It was far from perfect. But on merger its executive team was devoid of colour. The pay gap between top and bottom huge. Equality or Diversity was not part of any redundancy process, and senior management were duplicitous and acted up when questioned reasonably. I would not work for this company even if starving.
For me, it was an enjoyable experience, where I learned a lot and had a very good mentor. My colleagues were a friendly and supportive team and were very knowledgeable.
Welcomes all but selective in recruitment. Not shortlisted even if you meet all the criteria.

No canteen provided for the staff. Have to provide or go external for lunch but there is a lovely seating area with microwaves, provided for use.
Optivo had a very sociable environment. Everybody was always there to help and support you if needed. Optivo's really belived in Equality and Diverty and CORE and we regularly had meetings to keep this belief.
Optivo is a great place to work, They have a positive work culture and great organisation values. They promote career progression and help all colleagues to move up.

Optivo have help me with my working hours my tailoring my hours around my child care and allowed me to from different offices and home.
The company is good and there is always support from the senior management. The company take great care to develop their staff via internal training programme.

The work and life balance is good and good annual leave plus one extra as birthday leave. The company's core values are customer focus, one team, respect and Enthusiastic. All the employees are encouraged to apply those value to provide one the best service the customer in housing and other related area such community project. I believe the Optivo is doing a great jobs.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
not that I know
It's a very people based company and keen on diversity. The workplace culture is very team based and easy going. The hours are good and flexible, and again easy going.
Pros
Easy flexible Hours
Cons
Very paper based
lots of incoming calls emails, never enough time in the day. but great bunch of people make it worthwhile.
property managers work well with other departments to get things done.

ownership is a big part of the culture..
Pros
well paid
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Optivo?
I have been with Optivo for 3 years. Very multicultural environment and busy. Very challenging and staff are always up for helping others and our residents.
Pros
Good training academies and culture
Cons
Very demanding and busy
Great people. Fun culture. Great sense of purpose. Inspiring colleagues. Genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion. The best place I’ve ever worked. Recent highlight for me was the staff conference that brought us all together for the first tine since merger. Left feeling really inspired and proud to work for the company.
Pros
People, culture and sense of purpose
Cons
our two companies merged last year and following change management review, I along with many others have been made redundant

I have very much enjoyed my time working here at St Peters Hospital and will be sorry to leave my lovely colleagues and our residents as I fell part of the same family, as we have worked and laughed together for many years.
Pros
good working hours and free parking
Cons
Out of hours rota for months on end
Do not expect to further your career with this employer if your skin colour is off-white. A simple "look" at the lack of ethnic diversity at leadership, ET and board level says it all. Apart from that a decent company to work for.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Instutionalised Racism
Management are really great to work with and and you feel very valued.

They provide training for the role, reward you for honesty and work achieved. There is also opportunities for extra shifts. Working where you live is a great advantage.
I have experienced a very diverse working environment. I have managed a number of projects and business relationships that have provided me with corporate representation responsibility.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Working from home
Working for the social housing sector, providing new homes to buy, part own or rented accommodation. Some commercial properties are available. Offices throughout London, Kent and Sussex.
My role includes day to day contact with the residents checking on their wellbeing. No 2 days are the same but I work at quite a fast pace & to many deadlines as there is a lot of paperwork & reporting to keep up with especially since last year May when there was a company merger that went ahead.

The hardest part of the job is time management & balancing the contact I have with the residents & completing all the auditing, reporting & emails that need responding to.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the difference my presence on site & around the scheme has on certain individuals that are no longer so active due to a variety of different reasons makes to them & the joy I feel when I have done something no matter how small makes to their lives.
Pros
Get free dental & eye care
Cons
Too many changes & uncertanties within the organisation
Company formed for Amicus Horizon & Viridian Housing in 2017. Sold to staff as a partnership due to the positive financial and company ratings of both, it has developed into a hostile takeover by AH, with a large number of VH employees being removed from post, in comparison to those from AH.
The Executive team is basically from AH, and most systems, even those which are less effective/efficient, are from the AH side.

New employees should eventually see a positive, customer focused environment, where management encourage participation in decision making, with a strong charitable ethos within the Company, where employees are encouraged to support good causes.

So....watch this space as the process continues across all departments and if moral can be saved from a complete nose dive then it may recover to be a good place to work.
Pros
Management asking for input/collaberation
Cons
Current uncertainty and low moral.
Great place to work but due to my own family commitment and the nature of the job's required time shift, I'm having to compromise family time. I'm only able to do weekend shifts and the hours can be long (12 hrs on job site). I prefer to work week days, like the other members of my family, and having the flexibility to do from 9:30 am to 2:15pm (due dropping and picking child to and from school), which the current company is not able to offer.

I was working with this company prior to going on maternity leave six years ago and only recently returned (this year) to work.
Pros
Cons
Hours of work not flexible enough.
Great culture - customers at the heart of everything. Respect, collaboration and support key to brilliant working and successful outcomes. One team approach and a 'no blame' culture.
Pros
Fantastic culture