Optima Health

Optima Health Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
This is an occupational health company who does not care about their own staff. They are alll about the numbers instead of the person on the other end of the phone and don't let them fool you - THIS IS A CALL CENTRE JOB NOT AN ADMIN ONE.
I lasted one day... Was temping, was told to photocopy a back log of paperwork... With all photocopier I have used when u set something up It stays that way until ur finished... But God not this one. U had to set it up for each document... Manger was abso horrible... Talked to me like I was stupid making out it was my fault... When she shuld have explained I have to set it up each time u photocopied something... Ur not allowed to talk or nothing... Stay away.
Cons
The management are always bullying staff, no one listen's to feedback.
HR don't care about the bullying they force staff to leave. The management don't follow rules and break laws. They don't look after staff and clients health and wellbeing. Should be re-named just as Optima. they shouldn't put health in their name as clearer they don't care about peoples health.
Cons
If one person does not like you she will collaborate with others to send you out of the company.
I was enjoying my job but I needed time to get use to OHAssist system because I was working with OHAssist staff when Optima Health was about to merge with OHAssist, travelling to difference cities, ofcourse it affected my daily routine (work life balance) but I was already adjusting beautifully to it, so I was trying to adjust my family life with the travels and the system of the company but some of the staff (three of them) I had worked with just collaborated and gave my line manager negative feedback that made her not to confirm my employment just at the time I was mastering the OHAssist processes.

If the company is now Optima Health, I do not mind returning back to them.

Although I was working for them as Occupational Health Technician, but I am a qualified Occupational Health Nurse with a degree in occupational health nursing after I have had a diploma in Occupational Health Nursing.

I started 4th July 2018 and f was asked to leave on 4th October 2018.

I do not mind to go back now that the company is Optima Health. I will be grateful if you esquire for me about returning to Optima Health rather than working with OH Assist staff as my experience as I have describe was with OH Assist staff.
This is the worst place I've ever worked. Nothing good to say about this company- they have bullying culture. They lie even when they have put things in writing. Unable to challenge bullying management style and culture as people just leave rather than doing anything about it. I would not recommend this place even to an enemy. As clinician, they expect you to ignore health/safety concerns or else you will be bullied out. Do not work here!!!
As previous reviews say: the management is horrible, bully and offend workers, they create stressful and unfriendly atmosphere at workplace. After all they ged rid of you through the broker, without saying any word themselves. The reason: workforce reduction and job advertisement for the same position the day after. Can't recommend this place even to my enemies. The only good thing about this company is staff
Pros
Staff, working hours
Cons
Lies lies lies they sell you a dream but after 2 weeks management don't care they bully their staff and the role you may apply for is not what it is. More stress than anything call centre style and no management bother to help but shout at you only good thing was some team members and getting away for lunch. Watch the management strut their walk up and down acting like they can do as they like worst place I've ever worked
Team leaders are tyrants and team members are pinned against eachother to reach unattainable targets.
Money is terrible for the workload you are expected to get through.

Worst environment I've ever experienced.
Optima Health has gone through a lot of change and challenges over past few years as some other reviews indicate, however my experience has been refreshing having recently joined.

Managers seem eager to listen to ideas and embrace new ways of doing things in order to improve and change. People are passionate about what they do and many of the support functions are improving.

Lots of exciting growth plans and chances to develop, for those who wish to grasp the opportunity.
Terrible place to work . No management guidance u feel isolated no development opportunities. Too much stress .
Put you at deep end without proper training.
Worst company I've ever worked for.
Extremely racist and hierarchical. No appreciation for hardworking admin teams.

Told off about speaking and laughing.

Management are all friends, so when an issue is addressed nothing is done about it as they are all associated.

Micro managaing and able to fire people without solid reason
Worse company ever to work in! Management treat Admin like they are at the bottom, when they do the hard work. You are only appreciated if you are liked by managers or are there favourite. Terrible atmosphere in the office and made to work in silence and told off for talking. Some of the management are racist as well and if even if you complain to senior managers nothing happens. There is no security there as well. As many staff have been fired for no reason whatso ever. Horrible company.
I should have known right from the beginning there was something fishy in this company: the woman who gave me the telephone interview spoke for ages promising me loads of things and benefits and at the end I agreed to give it a go and she gave me an appointment for a personal meeting in Birmingham first thing in the morning one Friday. Car broke down on the way on M4, called her to explain, but she refused to give me another chance. One week later she called me again as if nothing has happened, no apology and she was desperate for someone like myself to cover the area.No meeting this time, straight on induction. Very basic and like a factory conveyer process - they do not teach you anything during the induction apart from passwords and other stuff on their system, the only thing they are interested are to get you at their bog before you change your mind, which I did. Very badly organised. In the beginning she said my job is a part time, but at the induction she said she never said this. At the end she agreed I work 3 days on site and 2 days from home, but it never worked like this. She would call me when I was not supposed to be on site and demand to leave what ever I was doing and to drive there and there to cover someone who was off sick. One month was enough and I could not stand anything more. Now waiting for my payment
Pros
Cons
everything
Worked here in 2018. Hours and salary were good. Some of the time were friendly, but the boss micro managed everyone and constantly checked all day, even when everyone had been working hard all day. If you want to be spoken down to and treated like a child and don't mind that, then fine. Colleagues said it was always like that and people came and went all the time! They actually bet on how long a newcomer would stay! If you want to be treated with respect as a hard-working professional, avoid working here. Turnover is high - no need to ask why!
This company is an occupational health based place but i always had my illness threw in my face since i started. Warning after warning for being ill. No compassion (operations, illness, sick)
Management have no clue with what they are doing, treat people like dirt on their shoe and have no respect if you are below them.

Such a clicky business and if you have different ideas or ways to do things then you will be cased out and bullied into a corner by staff, management and HR.

The company have their guide lines which they do not follow and just cover there own backs.

Horrid place to work.

If you wish to stay sane, please do not give them an opportunity.
Pros
Having lunch to get away
Cons
Completely unprofessional. Managers actually told me that following their written instructions was incorrect and i should have known not to follow them. They then proceeded to yell at me for an hour about it. I walked out. The company then didnt pay me what they owed me until i had to contact HR threatening them to take them to court.
Very clicky, like the previous posts had said. Very hostile atmosphere and the supervisors will treat you like you are a child and will favouritise those individuals they are friends with instantly. You will probably be made loads of promises, which will turn out to be a lie. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
A couple of minor positive points but not significant enough to outweigh cons
Cons
Everything else; other staff; management
when i first started it was a good place to work but a few years on & the company is really bad & managers do & say things which are very questionable at best. all staff are spoken to like dogs unless you are friends or family of said managers. There are alot better companies to work for with alot better pay for less degrading conditions.
Pros
Cons
everything
have worked at OHAssist for 5 years and from the very beginning I have been encouraged to develop by management who have continue to support and lead me. OHAssist brings the best out in their workers and promotes a feeling of harmony and fairness.

OHAssist is a positive company to work for. My colleagues are dedicated and passionate about their roles as well as being supportive towards me in my role. On a daily basis I work alongside counsellors, nurses, Doctors and physiotherapists - we have a one team approach which makes my job a pleasure.

OHAssist offers great reward and recognition for employees. I was fortunate enough to be voted as the admin employee of the year 2016 it’s always nice to be recognised for hard work and in my experience this is something OHAssist does excel at.
Great opportunities for progression and development. The company invests in its employees and I would definately recommend to anyone wanting to progress in their career.
Pros
benefits, flexibility, development opportunities
I'm currently a Senior Occupational Health Technician for OH Assist. I thoroughly enjoy my job here and every day brings new challenges. This is my second time back with the company. I went to work for another OH provider, but it wasn't a patch on OH Assist, so I came back. All the staff are great to work with, and management are really supportive. I can see myself having a long and successful career here, as I am involved in many different contracts as well as helping with learning and development.