OpenTable Employee Reviews

good place to work
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2019
Customer service at Opentable is better than the usual jobs finding in then sector. I do find the management is very approachable.
It's usually 8,5 h work, it happens that you need to work longer occasionally, but you'll get the time back.
There are pretty good possibilities to advance inside from that company.
I only did 6 months. I did not enjoy the calls itself. Especially US customers can be very demanding and a little rude from time to time. That is something I was not. But if that is no problem for you and you like office environments with a relatively laid back attitude, give it a shot.
Pros
good environment, approachable management, looking after the employers
Cons
job can be hectic, need a thick skin sometimes, very repetitive
Exciting and fun workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2018
A typical day at work would be to cold call or sell to existing customers (upgrades and ad ons).
The phone call to face to face ratio is around 80-20%.
Management didn't provide much trainman or micr management at all however they allowed you to run with your job and provide an update once a week.
The culture was awesome, everyone was very friendly, there were many social activities happening too.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the repetitive nature (however this is sales).
The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding target and helping the rest of the team to win too.
Pros
Free fruit and snacks, Last day of the month sushi and pizza
Cons
low commission structure, slow advancement due to very low management turnover
creative
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, UK12 April 2017
I started my career in Recruitment from the Agency Recruiter role and quickly realised that my passion for people and connecting them with opportunities was the best way I could support growing organisations with their business strategies. Working as a results orientated Resourcing and Talent Acquisition professional I was developing and delivering effective social and direct recruitment strategies across the EMEA region for fast-paced UK and Global matrix organisations.
Opentable
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorgate7 March 2017
Was a good company to work for. It was young fresh and verbrate enviroment.

The staff are so pleasant and working with an overseas boss was a new way of working.
Pros
lunch/drinks on Friday
Cons
Long Hours
Work hard, play hard - great place to work!
MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LONDON, UK22 February 2017
Everyday in the office was different. The international aspect of the firm was the most pleasing as all teams were made up of colleagues from all around the world. The working environment is great, productivity is high and the socialising aspect is fantastic for those who like to get stuck in and catch-up once a week.
Pros
Happy hour Fridays in the office!
Enjoyable workplace
Project Coordinator for UK and Germany (Former Employee) –  London, ENG16 June 2015
OpenTable is a great company employing many inspiring individuals coming mostly from the hospitality background or with a fair amount of experience from this said background.

The work pace is often quite hectic, yet with the focus on improvement in every way. As fast paced as the work is, the development and improvement of the processes and company itself is the same. It is meticulous in small yet important details.

Great work environment with lots of valuable friendships.