ONEKREATE Employee Reviews

Photo Assisting
Photographer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA2 October 2018
I had the opportunity to photo assist on a photo project in 2016. My experience with OneKreate was amazing. Everyone on set was extremely knowledgable and it was a great atmosphere to work in.
Cafe Bar
Accounting Asst/Office Manager/Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA3 September 2018
Onekreate Company has a Coffee Cafe Bar, flexible hours, fast pace environment, benefits are half decent, management need training and great employers
Pros
Great Hard Working Employees
Cons
No job advancement and low pay
Great Teams
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA15 May 2018
Great people and good atmosphere most times. Long hours with crazy deadlines and little help. Fast company growth has made focus be profit instead of the employees
Pros
coffee bar
One Kreate was an amazing company initially but was bought out by a Venture Capitalist Firm and it went downhill
Special Projects & Digital / Lead Photo Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL11 March 2018
This company was great initially with a fun work environment, but was subsequently sold to a venture capitalist firm and once the acquisition was complete they hired an army of number crunching accountants and effective immediately, layoffs ensued.

The focus switched from growing the company to strictly looking to see who and what they can do without and the company is dying a slow death. The company went from a vast client roster comprised of enormous fortune 500 companies to to just one, and that client has been threatening to take their work elsewhere because the personal attention and care is no longer there.

A great deal of coat tail riders and brown nosers were given high ranking and high paying positions based on the work of others, and not because of their abilities or accomplishments. They'd even go as far as conjuring job titles for certain people so they could continue to draw high salaries for as long as possible even though they didn't do a single thing or perform any job function other than to bark orders to others about things they didn't even understand. VP of Operations was the crowned jewel of these types of practices.

Just a sad turnaround for such a once great company.
Pros
Very few.
Cons
Inept Management, things turned into a take, take environment and no consideration for the employees.
Talented Work Staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH8 January 2018
Everyone I worked with was very talented, friendly and professional. The only downfall was a lack of effort in new client acquisitions went on for too long. The studio suffered, which led to reducing their staff. They recently hired a Director of Business Development and it is hopeful they can bounce back. I would work there again if business picked up.
Pros
Work environment was great
Cons
Needs to increase client base
Good place to get a start
Creator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD15 July 2017
The company provides a great point of entry into the world of content creation. Work hard, learn as much as possible. If you are willing to start cheap, show yourself to be capable and positive - they will try to promote you.
Pros
Worked with some fun and talented people
Cons
No job security
Cornucopia of talent
Stylist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, AR9 June 2017
Talented people working together creating awesome images. Creative behind the scenes workers giving their all to make the magic that is advertising. Located in one of the up and coming areas in America.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
OneKreate
Social Media Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL3 January 2017
I've been freelancing at OneKreate for over 6 years, and although it's a fun and creative work environment, I'm ready to advance in my career as a social media marketing strategist and copywriter.

I currently hold 3 job titles as social media marketing coordinator, cafe bar manager/barista, and office/administrative assistant. Needless to say, I certainly have my hands full. Despite my having to carry a heavy workload, I've learned to multitask very well.

I've acquired so many important skills at OneKreate that I will carry throughout many years to come. The most difficult part of leaving the company would be leaving my co-workers, as I've known some of them for half of my life.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and a fun/creative work environment.
Cons
Overwhelming work load and disatisfactory compensation.
Fun Productive
Human Resources/ Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florida17 May 2016
This place is a fun productive environment, you get to work with amazing people Management care about their employees and their product it is fun visual content and talented people
Constantly changing company with layoffs as private equity investors make the wrong decisions
Kreate Technology division (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL5 April 2016
Recently purchased and merged. Brought in all new senior management. New managers desire to automate everything and make a quick profit in selling the company again. Not concerned with what made the company successful. Multiple changes in processes. With this there are unwise lay offs and the best staff are leaving.
Pros
Some good people remain.
Cons
Constant changes, layoffs, Healthcare, poor management
Fun place to work in need of processes
former employee (Former Employee) –  Hollywood5 October 2015
I enjoyed working here, hardworking and creative people. Due to the restructuring of the company, clear direction is not in place causing layoffs and the feeling of job insecurity to be prevalent.
Pros
i house coffee bar, free breakfast, creative atmosphere, talented people
Cons
in need of workflow processes
Biggest mistake I made was working here
Freelance retoucher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore7 June 2015
The immaturity and lack of leadership can't be expressed in words. It's like a bunch of kids got together and said lets pretend to be a agency. To be blunt, go to there website and and look under careers and see just how many job openings they have. They can't get people or keep the ones they need. My time there was short, but was do glad to get out of there. If your desperate for a job, then this is the place. Beware. You have been warned.
Pros
if your desperate for job they will hire
Cons
They will put anyone in management
Avoid like the plague
digital imaging specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore Maryland26 February 2015
Relocated for job in Baltimore, manager at time lied directly to me to get me to hire on, then immediately transferred to another office.
Company places people in management positions with no experience, qualifications, or people skills. I have been in this field for over 20 years and this is probably the most unprofessional group I have been associated with. They claim this is all from growing pains, but higher ups only hear what they want to hear. My experience comes from working at the Baltimore location.I can not say the other offices are ran the same way, but I have spoken to others who work in other locations and was told it's the same pretty much across the board. They had one employee who was more or less a mole, and was instructed to monitor all employees and report or "snitch" everything back to Florida office. Very high school feel to the place.
Pros
They will give you a chance if you are starting out.
Cons
If you don't mind being talked down to, treated as if your in grade school, then this place may be a start to enter the field. Low pay pay and very stressful, but you can get experience if your starting out. If your freelancing, you will wait forever to be paid.
Creative talent Multi levels of management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 December 2014
Every company goes through it's growing pains... but not all companies distribute the pain across the board so heavily. If you are a photographer or Photoshop specialist this is a great place to land a gig. Business professionals may experience a very complex scale of balancing politics, multiple company mergers, monthly company restructuring, and constant policy and procedure reviews.
Pros
Laid back creative team
Cons
LOTS of internal struggles and conflicts