One Stop Stores Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 January 2019
One stops is a good environment to work,you’re becoming one with your team and with your managers as well,they understand your needs as part of the team that you are
Pros
Opportunities to grow your career
Cons
Not enough staff
Enjoyed working with my team and the customers were great too.
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 January 2019
Enjoyed working my team.
Typical day was different in every way.
After long term employment, gained a wealth of knowledge.
Management , typical work place, most were good, you cant get on with everyone all of the time.
More of a family than a workplace culture although work life balance was sometimes stretched.
Hardest part of the job was always at work.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the variation of the day to day, no 2 days were ever the same.
Pros
company benefits, discounts, working with a great team, watching it evolve.
Cons
work life balance on occassions
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire22 December 2018
A typical day at One Stop Stores was a shift from either 6:00am - 14:30 or 14:30 - 23:00 and the main aspect as to ensure customer satisfaction with fantastic service
A waste off time
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 December 2018
Where do I start you don’t get a day to yourself when you actually do it’s a miricle when you have a holiday you get called up oh I need you to do this Saturday yh im on holiday somewhere else when you have a sick note they want you in then you get put on probation for apparently stealing scratch cards when actually it turns out the manager stole them honestly i would rather be on the streets then ever go back it got a bit better towards the end but I just gave up also I could be dead and they would still try ask if I could do a 6-2
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Everything else
Not worth it
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 December 2018
Management is disrespectful, extended hours without pay, bad staff practice by not giving actual breaks, minimum wage but maximum effort. All over bad
Pros
Cons
A lot
No 2 days the same
REGIONAL HR MANAGER / SOUTH (Former Employee) –  South Wales, West and East of England10 December 2018
Every day was different, dealing with a variety of ER issues which is what made the job interesting. 14 years with the same Company meant that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience an the experiences and opportunities that the role presented to me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was encouraging, training, coaching and mentoring colleagues to achieve their aspirations. As we became more into the main group of the Company opportunities for colleagues to develop became more difficult.
Pros
Excellent salary and package
Cons
Travelling 4000 miles per month
What an absolute shower of s*it to work for !
Customers Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire6 December 2018
Well, where to start ! I went for an interview and was told, thank god you've got a brain, can you start now ? I kid you not, i was set on the day I went for the job. Anyway, apart from that, i was called in to cover on days off, i had to go and cover at other shops, i was always promised my mileage, never got it, i had to do shifts like 12 til 23:00 And then be expected to start at 5:45 til 15:00 the next day , then you might get a day off, until someone phones in sick , so you get called in to cover, they dont think of you or your health, just so long as there are 2 people at the shop. Expected to lift stuff that's far to heavy , was given shift manager duties , but didn't get shift manager wages, cover all the shifts over Christmas and New year so the youngsters could have the days off with their families, flat rate paid, not a penny an hour more. So basically, the new young manager mucks up, i get made a scapegoat, and walk. I receive a letter the next morning in the post, that things got a little heated, lots of things said in the heat of the moment, would I please come back to work. Ha ha ha in a word, never. If my life depended on living or dying with working for One Stop , i would rather drop down dead than ever set foot in one of their shops again. If you want an early death, go work for One Stop, if they don't kill ya, the hours will !
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Hours, days off, tired, kill ya
Enjoyable but stressful
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom4 December 2018
Working at One Stop is enjoyable at times but can be very stressful. Issues with staffing can get horrendous at times and there is lots of work to do for only 2 people being able to work at a time.
If you want overtime then you need this job as it’s impossible to not have it.
Overall it is a fantastic job if you love being kept busy 24/7.
Pros
Discount, Good Management
Cons
Lots of work
value of money
delivery assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey1 December 2018
Not only did it teach me the value of money and how to save for things I wanted, it also kept me fit
it's a great job if your a school student.
discipline you to get up for a 6am start.
Pros
staff discount 10% off
Cons
no free lunch
Its alright.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  West Sussex30 November 2018
ABSOULTLY NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF ONESTOP! I have had to work many shifts in a row, my record at the moment is 13 days. No-one else has even come close to doing yet...
I've just completed my second year and I want out like now; but I can't afford to just leave without going into another job straight away! My manager over looks all off my health/mental health issues. Basically I'm told to suck it up and get to work. I always feel like I can't say anything or get any support from her at all. Also the guilt I'm feeling if I left; the store would just fall to pieces with her left in charge. Which I would like to see how she would cope with me gone. Management is completely falling to pieces; can;t even feel comfortable in going to the area manager; all because they are quite good friends. So how will I know the complaint/concern I have will be taken seriously....

That's just the start of it.....
Pros
Tesco discount.
Cons
Management poor, security, long/hard going shifts.
deliver papers
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Crewkerne12 November 2018
Delivered papers from one home to another. It became quite heavy after a while and cold in the mornings if you walked it. Recommended bicycle if people so have one.
Pros
Sets you up for the day.
Cons
Can get very heavy when lots of papers are wanted.
Keep away for your own safety
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Wakefield12 November 2018
Job has gone from being a really good one to one that you fear for your safety everyday you go out. Robberies happening more frequent and management not interested, they just want to keep you out as long as possible. Not bothered if they give you a planned 14 hour shift and its your rest day after, just expect you to night out and run back in morning and you only get paid for what you work. Drivers leaving all the time because it's that bad, a lot have left for even less money. That's how bad it is.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long long hours, Fear of getting robbed.
Don't do it
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Curry Rivel8 November 2018
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. The management was awful and did not care about their staff. One manager even stalked my Facebook to find out if I was really ill, and also reviewed hours and hours of CCTV footage to try and catch me doing something wrong. I never did. Waste of her time and mine.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad management
friendly people centered job
customer assisstant (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, Monmouthshire29 October 2018
customers are mostly friendly and you feel good helping people but it is hard on the feet.
organising delivery cages and putting stock out in rotation is satisfying.
Pros
10 % discount
Cons
many hours stood in one spot.
One Stop was a good place to work, learn and develop skills in the retail industry.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Otford29 October 2018
I enjoyed my time here as a Sales Assistant, I developed a wide range of skills to use in the retail industry, as well as customer service skills and alternative sales skills.
AVOID even if your desperate
Step Up Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vange, Essex26 October 2018
I worked in the vange store for about 18 months,BIG MISTAKE!,full of bullies and the manager being the ring leader,the staff agree with her as if they don't they have their hours cut in half,nothing you ever do is good enough nobody is trained properly as all the manager does is sit in her office talking about everyone whilst she does nothing she also tells a huge amount of lies about her employees, the only thing I can compare it with is being in prison surrounded by vicious bullies that can do what they like,avoid this job like the plague
Pros
Tesco discount
Cons
Worked like a slave
Great & Fun place to work.
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester25 October 2018
Extremely positive workplace environment.

Great staff & Great management. Sometimes you get bad shift but everything is shared out equally. Would recommend.
Pros
Great staff. Fun.
Cons
Unsociable shifts.
Arrogant Staff, Poor Maintenance & Support Team, Poor Management, Childish Staff, Good Salary & Secure Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Gorleston-on-Sea16 October 2018
Typical Day as a CSA varies depending on the shift worked; typically the job will involve serving customers, managing stock, working deliveries, stocking shelves, date checking, price checking and general cleaning duties.
Pros
Salary, Job Security
Cons
Poor Management, Maintenance & Support Team, Arrogant, Childish Staff
Awful management.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire13 October 2018
Working for one stop I went out of my way to help out. In return I was treated like a piece of rubbish.
Don’t ever be sick. You will be bitched about to all other staff.
Even if something is confidential, expect management to tell everyone and anyone.
Wouldn’t recommend working at One Stop to anybody. The amount of staff they have come and go is ridiculous.
They never follow their own company guide lines.
Management also think it’s fair to constantly be outside having copious amounts of cigarette breaks and talking on the phone to their friends, whilst your basically running the shop yourself.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish management. Poorly run shop.
One stop all together
Customer Assistant Checkouts (Current Employee) –  Wisbech Saint Mary, Cambridgeshire10 October 2018
Would not recommend anyone to work for one stop in Wisbech, the staff you would be working with are lovely but the manager is very very rude and disrespectful and is not a good manager what so ever. She is very unkind and very hurtful things wards her staff
Pros
Staff are lovely
Cons
Manger is disrespectful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Stop Stores. Our community is ready to answer.