One Stop Stores Employee Reviews

Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk14 June 2018
enjoyed my time there. found the manager very understanding of my abilities .....the people were friendly the tips were great. i had alot of ups and downs but the staff were great
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Purton12 June 2018
Great company to work for would recommend this shore I worked on the tills most of the time but really enjoyed it as get to meet new people the team are always happy to help but would of loved more hours and more flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire3 June 2018
Absolutely loved my time working for this company,worked round my childcare, was alway happt to help you no matter what you needed, staff and management were brilliant to work alongside of
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Good
General assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 June 2018
Its a good first part time job to have , whilst in college. The tills were easy to use and there was always plenty of stock rotating to keep you busy.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire30 May 2018
Great place to work. Is a very demanding job with no day ever the same. There are great opportunities to progress within the business and lots of training courses you can attend to help you get to where you want to go.
bad company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawkenbury30 May 2018
I have currently been off from work on sick leave as i got ill. We had a contamination of rats and i was hospitalised on two seperate occasions, the manager has no man management skills and have tried to harrass me to leave my current position. As i have previously been a retail manager i got no instore training and was left to find my own way of their work polices
Pros
staff discount
Cons
bad company to work for
OMG. Avoid.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 May 2018
Absolutely outrageous place to work . The area manager use to be a store manager and now is the area manager so lot's of manager's in her pocket. Store Manager's also have family members working with them or other store's. Very unprofessional area manager. Very two faced. Your face has to fit if not then your out. Disaplnarys are done daily through the store's. Tesco need to look at the very unprofessional area manager's for onestop stores. Please avoid at all costs. If you complain about the area manager it always goes no where other manager's have put complaints in but nothing done. It's not what you know it's who you know. Breaking lot's of rules . lots and lots of staff and manager's been managed out for the fact that there face didn't fit or in most cases would not be part of the click going out drinking with the area manager and her store manager friends. Please read the reviews and the staff turnover. I am lucky enough to get another job. One thing I will say is that working for onestop stores does not help you that much when you tell your new employer who you worked for.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional area manager
Avoid like the plague
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merseyside18 May 2018
Pros - a typical day is straightforward, hard work at times but overall quite satisfying. Soon learned that what is promised in the ads is all smoke and mirrors, the management at my store was managing from a book and had very little ACTUAL experience, so would sulk, throw tantrums and leave nasty notes for the staff if everything was not 'just so'. The culture reflected the management, don't turn your back on anyone and definitely don't trust them not to drop you in the brown stuff if it will get them off the hook.
The hardest part was leaving the customers, you soon get a repartee with your regulars and it is hard to leave them behind when all the backbiting finally gets to you - and it will get to you.. Ironically the most enjoyable part of the job was finding another one and handing in my notice. I've worked retail for most of my life and managed businesses, the whole dynamic of how these places are run needs looking at IMHO
Pros
It payed the rent
Cons
Long hours, no backup, no gratitude
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malvern11 May 2018
It was a great place to work, and i really loved my job. But now I have relocated back to the Walsall area. I want to get back into work sales assistant.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
21 hours.
Great job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 May 2018
I really enjoyed working there, had to leave due to family problems.
Would have stayed there much longer, but circumstances dictated that I had to resign.
customer service assistant at waterbeach
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbeach29 April 2018
I got the job at waterbeach and worked here for a very little time because they lost my contract and then told me it was a temporary contract, They laid me off for no reasoning just said they no longer needed me, I then later found out that 2 weeks before i was laid off everyone in the work place knew! so not only did they break confidentiality they lied and left me with no leg to stand on.
Pros
Cons
everthing
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trench, Shropshire26 April 2018
serving customers and making sure the place is fully stocked and tidy. here i learned how to take in a delivery and scan things in and out. management are great one of the best managers i worked for. hardest part of the job was dealing with some customers who were either drunk or you asked for id and they didn't have any.
was alright.
Job Role Retail Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex22 April 2018
the management could have been a lot better as when i first started i was young and a mum and one of the other works had really high opinions witch hurt sometimes and also as as being the one person they all got me to do everything while they stood around talking and the manager didn't do anything.
Pros
discount in one stop shops and also in tescos stores.
Cons
stupid hours
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Torfaen16 April 2018
Good place to work, excellent team work. I work hard making sure that the store runs smoothly. Good customer skills. Good computer skills. You work towards different levels of certificate.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Needing to expand myself
An alright beginning
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altofts3 April 2018
Being my first job, I thought it wasn't too bad. Though the hours were overwhelming, doing three long shifts in a row, knocking me sick for a good majority, so I wasn't eating properly and losing weight.
production and work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire1 April 2018
very poor management and co work.
learned how to use till and stock up
no more to say as I was not happy in the job
working every weekend and late evenings with no family life
there was no hardest part of the job as felt a bit too easy
Typical Convenience Store. Early to late hours for Customer Service
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Christchurch, New Milton29 March 2018
I have worked in 3 One Stop Stores and staffing levels have varied between 2 to 4 people.

This requires staff members to be versatile in most aspects of store duties, e.g. till work, deliveries,stock replenishing, stock rotation, customer service, cleanliness and maintenance.

It requires team work and the ability to help customers and colleagues.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Anti social hours
exceptional support
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  moston lane27 March 2018
very supportive manager helps you thrive to be better.Love all my work collegues everybody in this store works as a team helps each other whenever needed.
Pros
enjoyable enviroment to work, lovely comments off customers
Cons
not a good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stotfold26 March 2018
The team I built up was good to work with.
the wage budget I was given was far too tight meaning I could only afford to have two staff on at any one time. If anybody rang in sick I often had to cover the shift myself
There was little support from the area mangement
Fraud
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edlington14 March 2018
One of my local stores pays people cash in hand meaning that one of the girls recieved her materrnity pay AND wage returning to work 3 days after labour.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Stop Stores. Our community is ready to answer.