One Stop Stores Employee Reviews

Arrogant Staff, Poor Maintenance & Support Team, Poor Management, Childish Staff, Good Salary & Secure Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Gorleston-on-Sea16 October 2018
Typical Day as a CSA varies depending on the shift worked; typically the job will involve serving customers, managing stock, working deliveries, stocking shelves, date checking, price checking and general cleaning duties.
Pros
Salary, Job Security
Cons
Poor Management, Maintenance & Support Team, Arrogant, Childish Staff
Awful management.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire13 October 2018
Working for one stop I went out of my way to help out. In return I was treated like a piece of rubbish.
Don’t ever be sick. You will be bitched about to all other staff.
Even if something is confidential, expect management to tell everyone and anyone.
Wouldn’t recommend working at One Stop to anybody. The amount of staff they have come and go is ridiculous.
They never follow their own company guide lines.
Management also think it’s fair to constantly be outside having copious amounts of cigarette breaks and talking on the phone to their friends, whilst your basically running the shop yourself.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rubbish management. Poorly run shop.
One stop all together
Customer Assistant Checkouts (Current Employee) –  Wisbech Saint Mary, Cambridgeshire10 October 2018
Would not recommend anyone to work for one stop in Wisbech, the staff you would be working with are lovely but the manager is very very rude and disrespectful and is not a good manager what so ever. She is very unkind and very hurtful things wards her staff
Pros
Staff are lovely
Cons
Manger is disrespectful
Secure with okay salary
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth3 October 2018
Secure job and company with a decent paying salary; management and maintenance is sub-optimal however, sometimes providing the impression that colleague well-being and company performance isn’t cared about.
Unpredicrable Work Schedule's
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire3 October 2018
I had worked at one stop in Basingstoke for about 4-5 months and i have to say it was a very stressful job! You are expected to be on your feet for a good 7.5 hours and i would go home with the worst body pains on earth from where I've been made to stand behind the till for the whole shift and only 5 of my shifts were stocking! It was terrible that place! I was entitled to a 45 minute break each 8 hour shift but i was always chased up after about 10 minutes in by a shift manager telling me that they can "Do what i like with you" and i would have to go back to work. I was made to feel as if i was not working hard enough where each day was a challenge (not a very nice one at that). Most of the time i was left on shop floor by myself while everyone else was having the time of their life stood at the emergency exit out back smoking cigarettes and eating food which had not been paid for. It felt like i was being treated like a child, having to ask if i can go to the toilet or not and if so i was only allowed times like 1 minute or 30 seconds like how are you supposed to do your business in that amount of time? I didn't get my contact until the month before i left because i had sent of a letter to HR demanding that i receive a contract or im out! If you value yourself and your social life then i highly recommend that you do not apply for a job such as One-Stop/Tesco.
Pros
Paid breaks, 10% Staff discount, Good hourly rate
Cons
Rude staff, Rude customers, Exhausting shifts, Not enough to happily live on, Lack of social life
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire2 October 2018
The whole company is terrible to work for. I worked there for 5 years and got nothing but bullied. I would of left sooner but I couldn't go without a job with a child and found it hard to find one around child care. Not even head office would help with the bullying. And not to mention a new manager turning up to think it's alright to change everyone shifts without asking or any notice to then make people cry and angry. I had to then transfer to another store. Also that the company refused to fix anything in the shop and seems to think its alright for the customers to moan and cause drama at us sales assistants when we have nothing to do with it. The company does not care about the staff members all they care about is the money they make!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, company, staff
Stressfull
Customer service (Current Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear2 October 2018
The stores are open long hours 6am to 11pm and with a skeleton staff level of 2 people per shift, jobs include:

Serve customers, restocking shelves in date order, taking in deliveries and some have a time constraint of 30 minutes, cleaning and health & safety,Paperwork and office jobs, security, promotion changes, price changes and checks, stock counts.

The staff have to maintain all this whilst still giving good customers service and there are some days when jobs get pushed to the following day.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Long hours.
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Watford1 October 2018
Working at one stop was an enjoyable expirence for the most part. The team was sort of like family even after a hort while, management was not too friendly.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
not very considerate of mental health
avoid like the plague
shift manager (Current Employee) –  south yorkshire30 September 2018
this company is shocking to work for there's no where near enough support you are worked till your ready to drop without any kind of thanks from idiots who have been given management jobs through nepatism and seem to have no other qualification to be in the role .
i get that its a job and a wage should be enough but when u constantly put yourself and family life on hold it would be nice to feel appreciated instead nine tenths of managers i have come across sit in back offices very quick to cast blame on you for anything u dont do without ever noticing what you do ... time they actually did some evening shifts if you ask me . as a shift manager we get a whopping 83 p more than till staff and are expected to hump cage after cage of stock all alone and penalised by idol managers who do nothing if not all done regardless of how busy the store is .... run while u can
Pros
tesco discount card
Cons
understaffed big time . open till 11 and in some cases 12 without any wage increase unlike tescos
Avoid
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wallsend, Tyne and Wear27 September 2018
Suppose to be part of the Tesco group!! but you don’t get the same rate of pay or bonus. You need to have energy for the huge deliveries as sometimes only one person unloading. Stores run on as little staff as possible
Pros
stores run on as little staff, huge deliveries expected to unload by 1 staff
Its Ok
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire26 September 2018
Thrust into a job I was not expecting and initially poorly trained I have managed to adjust and become a valued member of staff. The only unfortunate thing is its owned by TESCO. Not Idea but it will do until I can find my ideal job or get a lottery win.
Pros
Reasonable rate of pay
Cons
Shifts
Productive and fun
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billericay, Essex24 September 2018
I have been working here for a year and a half whilst being a student on a small contract so it was great for me to accept overtime as and when I could do it. Worked all different times of the day, which was nice not to do the same shifts all the time. After 6 months I was able to advance to a shift manager which is higher pay for responsibility of key holder.
Most depressing job in southampton
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nursling, Hampshire21 September 2018
The place is a terrible place to work and I wouldn't suggest it to my worse enemy, it's rundown and a unsafe place to work I really do recommend no one apply there it has honestly been the worse thing I ever done so please stay away !
Pros
Nohing
Cons
Long hours, boring, unsafe
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burntwood, Staffordshire17 September 2018
great staff manager at time was brilliant then one stop were not making any money at this store so they sold it independently
I learnt a lot whilst i worked there
Hardwork and very busy
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton16 September 2018
Busy
Customer Service and dealing with difficult customers
Very rigid management
Poor work culture
Serving on the till at the same time working on the delivery cages
Serving very polite customers
Pros
Flexible shift patterns
Cons
Short breaks
Shocking area management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire12 September 2018
Please avoid at all costs. As you can see from most of the reviews just not worth it. Shocking treatment. Very two faced and if you its what you know it's who you know. Friends of friends and family and other friends are store manager's. Breaking lot's of health and safety and unsafe to work for. Please avoid I would rather be safe and happy and not work then work on this shocking area . I am so suprised at tesco letting onestop get anyway with the poor treatment you get from your area management.
Pros
Cons
Twice faced and it's who you know not what you know
Terrible place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire10 September 2018
Awful place to work- store manager left me on my own with no management training and went off on his holidays. So patronising and if your face doesn’t fit the role you will deffo know about it!! No help, no training and spoke to like rubbish! Fired me with unfair reasons and with no final warning! Unfair hours too! Contracted to work either Saturday/Sunday and was working both so the store manager could have them all off - very lazy,rude store manager and I would never recommend to anyone!!
Pros
Discount
Great Place to Work
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands3 September 2018
One Stop is a great place to work if you are a buyer.
Full range autonomy and great family atmosphere, benefits could be slightly better if below senior level. But other than that no complaints. There are a some really great people at head office, who really want to drive sales and ensure the company does well.
Pros
work life balance, full autonomy, great people
Cons
benifits, progression
Avoid
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlands30 August 2018
Terrible place to work rude management if your face doesnt fit you wont get anywhere as a new starter i was left alone for hours on end whilst other members of staff stood about out the back drinking tea eating sandwiches and smoking if you dont drink tea or smoke dont apply as you will be a one man band. How there still trading is a joke
Pros
Cons
Working alone
one stop
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester28 August 2018
a typical day at a one stop store well our store is verry busy at all times so there is allways something to do like getting the prudect out and re stocking and works our iou cages aswell as working on the tills this is a fast paste job it helps when u have a wonder full boss and shes very understanding if you are stugginging in she will traine u untill you are at a comforter lavel also understand of ur wont's and needs the hardest part of the job i would say is maybe working untill 11;00 at night but you do get youst to this and it becomes fine my most enjoyable part of my job was my team they become family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Stop Stores. Our community is ready to answer.