One Stop Stores

One Stop Stores Employee Reviews

United Kingdom596 reviews
Ideal for myself having recently moved to the area,it gave me the opportunity to feel part of the community with hours that suit me.
Delivering excellent customer service with systems in place to enable reliable and efficient service.
Busy store with regular clientele plus challenging customers with varying issues and personal problems.

Until recently due to several changes in store manager, the team worked hard but with no clear communication or leadership, however now permanent manager who is motivated and fair the staff morale and store performance has greatly improved.
One stop
When you first go in you sigh in the you get straight to work either filling the shelves or standing on the till or doing gap checks helping customers
Good pay but very bad management
Work as part of a team
Serving customers

Off loading deliveries,date checking,rotating stock,keeping work place clean and tidy.

Good hourly rate of pay
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Bad management
Do not work for this company aldershot hants
Horrible place to work for, treated unfairly alot of work to do which expect you to get finished whilst juggling with stock and on tills struggling on your own, as all management do nothing they are very lazy and sit out back 'll time making out that doing paperwork, you get busy ring the bell for help no-one will come, a few do not work for this horrid hole mental health at risk ...
Unfair Manager
The store manager was not understanding in any shape or form. They failed to Give you time off due to circumstances out your control, they also expect you to serve rough community members with no security or safety.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not thoughtful as an employer
fine at first
I worked in the South Shields one stop for about 6 months. At first it was brilliant,I liked the staff and the manager was nice. Then it wasnt. I was expected to work 7 days a week despite being given an 8 contract and whenever I said I couldnt work the manager became petty and threatened to terminate my contract,whenever the tills were down other staff would gossip and accuse me even when I hadnt been in the store.They would just expect me to cover shifts while other staff went on sick leave 2 at a time regardless of whetrer or not I was available .
The job left me at the point where my doctor advised me not to go in to work,despite having to have blood and other tests at the doctor, my manager still accused me of lying about my helath.

Finally I handed in a sick note for around 7 weeks which led to my immediate termination.I was told I was sacked for handing in a sick note.

My experience with this employer was not a pleasant one and I ended up mentally and physically ill and instead of offering support they terminated my employment, Avoid at all costs unless you want to be treated like a slave and gossiped about by other staff.

Worst job Ive ever had
Great bunch of work colleagues
Love working for One Stop they really look after you. Love my colleagues a good team and my manager is very amiable. I like working with and meeting the customers getting to know the local people.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Unsociable hours
Store manager!
The only saving grace for me was the shift managers, the store manager would tell me to do it one way this way than a week later tell me to do it another way and then a week after that to do it a third way.
Productive and fun workplace
A generally fun and fast passed environment with friendly team members and helpful managers. I've learned to be patient with the workload and deliveries and memorised most of where products are in such a small shop after only a few months of working there
Pros
Friendly community
Cons
Not enough holiday
Productive and fun work place
I enjoy working for onestop the people i work with are very friendly and the managers are supportive and helpful.

Customers are friendly and make it a good and enjoyable place to work
wouldn't recommend
being assaulted by a shoplifter is the latest in the long line of problems with this company. police weren't even called & just told the police won't do anything so theres no point calling them. management lock themselves away in the office from start to finish of shifts. constant changing of staff rotas with little or no notice. also being called almost everyday asking to cover shifts. their motto is "its all about one stop" haha...theres more to life than this depressing poo hole. currently applying for anything to get out of here.
dreadful working conditions!!
I wouldn’t recommend anybody to work for onestop!! Terribly run company with jokers has managers. 20 min breaks for working 8 hours or more with no chairs.. more like a sweat shop then any other company I’ve worked for
Pros
Cons
Long hours with only 20min break, poor management, on your feet for 8 hours a day with no sitting down, poor pay for the amount of work, only care about customers and not the general staff
Sales assistant
It can be Busy at times no two days are the same, also provides a flexible working hours it can be face paced, meet new people daily and get to no regular customer
Management have their favourites
You do one thing wrong and you are in trouble and threatened disaplinery action if another member of staff who the management like make the same mistake it all fine and they fix the issue. They will talk about you behind your back ie I was looking to step up to a shift manager I was given a days training and wasnt told if I needed anymore training found out from another member of staff that they believed I wasnt good enough terrible company
very unfriendly workplace
When I worked in the one stop in dursley the coworkers where nowhere to be seen, they were always hiding in the staffroom for the whole shift while only one member of staff did all the work such as cleaning the floors, stacking the shelves and serving on the till with no break. One of the members of staff would steal consistently cigarrettes and money from the till but fortunately the manager found the thief resolved the situation promptly. would not recommend working in the one stop.
You need to be fit to work here
A large part of the job is physically demanding . Colleagues are friendly but you have to deal with a number of difficult customers at times . But most of them are ok and some even appreciate the work you do . You get discount in store and in Tesco which is good .
A perfect first time job.
I have worked for One Stop for a few years now, and even though it is my first job, I can confidently say that it is a good company to work for. A typical day at work for me would be very busy due to the large flow of customers but I have learnt many valuable things from meeting a large variety of people and l have learnt how to adapt to many different situations. My store manager Is one of the best managers anyone can ask for and the majority of my colleagues are down to earth and they make working there enjoyable. The only downfalls to the job would be the lack of organisation on higher managements part and some of the customers who aren't very polite. Anyone who has experience in a customer service role will understand these problems and treat them efficiently, and those who don't have experience will quickly learn how to deal with these types of problems.
Well organised business
Working for such a well known and well organised business is a pleasure. I have been able to develop myself and climb up the ladder with One Stop. I have gained an alcohol license through the company and have been able to make progress with my role. I am required to lead a team and run a store to ensure we are meeting targets and smashing sales. I throughly enjoy working for One Stop and can only see myself progressing with such a company.
Good company
It’s a good store to start work in it offers many opportunities to start with and has helped a lot with confidence. The pay is good and the people you meet are always lovely
Pros
One stop community Are lovely
Cons
Not as many opportunities
Lacklustre
The store I worked in was a tiny little store with low hanging beams which gave me many a headache. The customers were very rude and often gave fake money or stole from the store. The pay was dreadful. End of. Not recommended
Overall good
Compared to the parent company tesco, it's completely different as they get paid more and also have more staff meaning a lower work load. However saying that its a good company to work for and very community based
Pros
Good company, good benefits
Cons
Pay compared to tesco, high work load