On the Beach Employee Reviews

3 months into the job
operations coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire24 January 2019
I worked for the On the Beach bed bank in Cheadle. A typical day includes a wide variety of administrative tasks, call taking ( although in this department it is fairly minimal), booking coordinations and inputting requests.
This department works mainly with the hotels directly resolving errors made throughout the booking process , last minute hotel changes, amendments to the hotel bookings submitted by customers and stopping the sales of hotels once they are at capacity.
The working environment is relaxed but efficient, you can dress down for work each day and the team often engage in chit chat but not to the expense of our quality of work, which is monitored in a relaxed and productive way through reviews and feedback . The hot topic of conversation currently is the move to our newly renovated office!
The training process was extremely supportive and thorough, I came into the job knowing nothing about travel or hotels , this didn't matter. I was trained in areas one by one and supported by all team members - i am 3 months into the job and I am fully trained and confident to tackle new situations. The job is very diverse and new situations arise all of the time, management are willing to use the diverse outlook of the whole team to resolve situation and you feel like a valued member of the team from day one.
My favourite things about the job are the set working hours , on this department your shifts are either 8-4 or 11-7 so creating a work life balance is really easy, also we only have 2 weekend shifts a month. I also enjoy being comfortable in work wearing my daily
  more... clothes, jeans , trackies ect.. The office also has loads of facilities like free hot drinks, a new beauty room , pool table ect , this makes breaks feel like a real break from work.
I haven't had many experiences with the HR process but my contact was signed with in the first week and I was provided with my personalised badge and locker promptly. I have also received a pay rise and I have only been here 3 months, the opportunity to reach new pay brackets is often and achievable.
I enjoy coming to my job each day which sounds cheesy but you know what your going to get when you turn up and you can leave work in the office and soon as your shift has finished. I hope this helps anyone who is looking to join the on the beach team.
Pros
new office, casual dress code, great co workers
Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire24 January 2019
I have been at On the Beach now for a while and I have to say it is the best place I have ever worked.
The customer service team gives a variety of daily duties and every call is different.
The management team are great and support each team member with their development and progression as needed on a case by case basis.
The department is getting bigger and better and it is a great environment to work in, we are like one big family.
Pros
The people, the team activities, newly refurbished office
Cons
N/a
A great place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire22 October 2018
The culture at On the Beach is one of the things that stands out for me and makes it such a great company to work for. Management are supportive and encourage your development, they genuinely advocate a flexible approach to work and promote a healthy work/life balance. Everyone is really friendly and helpful, and the CEO and the rest of the Exec team are both visible and approachable. Ideas are listened to and changes are made because of the feedback that employees give.
Pros
Flexible approach to working, healthy w/l balance, fair salaries, great people.
Cons
Not sure
The lies this company tells.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire1 June 2018
I was invited to an interview which was really poorly designed after which I was interviewed by two employees who really didn't know the shift patterns as this was important factor for me. Once I mentioned it is important I knew the shifts on option because I am a single parent they couldn't get me out of the building quick enough.

Don't waste your time going for this one, work environment looked really sad and unhappy.
Big mistake
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cheadle25 March 2018
Thought I’d be working for a good well respected company. Absolute rip offs and nothing but grief call after call. As other reviews say it’s mot what you know it’s who. Kiss the right butt and you’ll do well otherwise enjoy taking call after call while the faves get trained on other areas and progress 👌🏼
Pros
Dress down everyday & free parking.
Friendly and supportive environment
Bookings Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester23 November 2017
Everyone is there to help each other. Everyone is extremely supportive. The work is easy to pick up once you practice, although, it can feel daunting at first.
Pros
learn how to communicate more effectively. learn how to navigate on a computer in more depth.
Online (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire17 November 2017
I love working at On the Beach, there is always a good atmosphere, Staff are friendly and approachable, opportunities to progress throughout the company.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Open over christmas
Booking Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire17 November 2017
- It's a really relaxed atmosphere and really easy going.
- Everybody is really friendly and easy to get along with.
- The hours are flexible so they can work round you if need be.
- Great chance to earn extra money with commission.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
open over christmas & new year.
Do not work for on the beach
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester12 November 2017
Awful management, talk to work colleagues like they are nothing There is a a lot of favouritism so heads up kiss as much *** to be a favourite!!!! Stressful place to work in & not enjoyable at all. Seriously think twice be for you work in this awful place a lot of back taking about other people talking about customers & other work colleagues. A lot of the staff are stuck up like they have smelt something if you know what I mean on the beach never would I work there again nore advise any 1 to keep it up on the beach!!!!!!!! Your doing a great job 👍🏽🤣
Amendments Agent
Amendments Agent (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester21 June 2017
A great place to work with great staff. The company also offers you numerous opportunities to progress.

Also offers a great training program to anyone who is also unfamiliar with the sector
Relaxed, fun place to work
Ruby Developer (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire5 May 2017
I though I'd take some time to write about life at On the Beach from a developers point of view.

As a whole, the development team are a very friendly and talented bunch! I've definitely learnt a lot since joining the team and being surrounded by likeminded people. A typical day would consist of pairing with other developers on a specific feature using TDD, discussing architectural decisions and jumping on any live issues that occur.

Each team works in a way that suits them, so you definitely get a say in the way your team works. Teams work on problems and come up with solutions to those problems.

The workplace culture is definitely one of the best attributes of this job. Everybody is happy to help each other regardless of seniority and skill level. Everybody is encouraged to get involved in code reviews and these are seen as a learning opportunity for all parties.

Every Friday afternoon, we have R&D time where we can work on projects that we feel will improve our skills or take time to work through some online courses etc.

It very much is a fun and interesting place to work and I'd recommend to anybody thinking of applying.
Pros
Fun chilled workplace
low paid for norweigen speaking job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  stockport12 April 2017
Not much to say but very low paid for a Norwegian and Swedish speaking job with inflexible working hours management only look after the profit line setting targets that are unrealistic so often bonuses are unobtainable. Many staff are under paid resorting to second jobs to afford a basic standard of living.low holiday entitlement often leads to staff unable to return home and visit family.
Pros
when finished work
Cons
low paid job no real benefits
Fun working environment
amendment advisor (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester28 February 2017
A typical day would be to answer incoming calls,making outbound calls, quoting and processing change requests, It is very satisfying knowing you have help customers and explained every step of our processes so the customer has a better understanding rather than thinking anything can be done by the click of a button
Pros
helping customers
Cons
no room to improve workplace skills
Awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cheadle17 July 2016
Managers have no respect for advisors nor are they willing to help the company doesn't care about customers the amount of complaints it gets is unreal. Worst job I have ever had in my life and it also made me Ill working 7 days a week till late at night and you get spoken to like you're abit of dirt
Very stressful Job for some people.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockport17 July 2016
A lot of the staff were backstabbing each other. Hours long, under pressure to hit targets, no support. Just use you for the season then get rid, it seems it's who you know, they took people on permenant, not on merit, as these people were off. Sick or late!!!!
Productive and supportive workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Manchester27 May 2016
fantastic experience and job. The management and my co-workers were incredibly helpful and supportive, which got me through long hours. I learnt a great deal to do business and management, which was extremely useful for the type of job I would like in the future.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Fun Workplace
Online booking agent (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 July 2013
At On The Beach a standard day of work consists of dealing with customers and meeting their individual requirements. I have also been fortunate enough to deal with the financial side of things by reviewing profit margins. I have attributed financial skills as well as customer service skills. I am constantly applauded by management for my skills and hard work as well as by co- workers who work hard to thrive achievement. I have made good friends from different social backgrounds.