Omron

Omron Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
No job security and poor management.
Wouldn't trust the senior managers, and even best people have been marked for redundancies at least once.

Look elsewhere
Don't work here. management is bad and ok. I can't get a salary rise. Work somewhere else. Not allowed to be free here. Very strict environment for everyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
The first 6 months working at Omron was through a facilities company (Mace) as I covered mat.leave.
The day was spent dealing with a variety of people from external sales people and the clients they brought in to those who worked in the building where I was based.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
It was a short contract
Over 10 years with company I grew in knowledge, confidence and understanding of the overall business.

Got to interact with European and Global colleagues on various projects. Although no direct career path mapping was done, was able to change roles when alternative challenges came up.

Hardest part is getting anyone in management to make a decision, lots of politics as Global organisation with lots of people involved in variety of projects.

Loved the people, the benefits package and the work/life balance, plus the overall values of the company.
It was nice to be part of such a strong team. Everybody's opinion was asked and important.
assembling key fobs or indicators for Honda cars testing them and packing them for dispatch, had good co-workers had a laugh through out the day.
Day to Day tasks include:
Contacting project managers and site engineers on a daily basis to get an update on the project.

We have a daily tracker which is an excel file that is updated also on a daily basis indicating the progress of the work being carried out.

My report each day is sent to my bosses who then speak daily to the customer so the information i give has to be accurate.
Pros
I get to travel
Cons
Very short days