Omega Resource Group Employee Reviews

Pros and cons
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brockworth, Gloucestershire27 February 2019
I would like to state that everyone at the company was lovely and friendly and it was a nice place to work in that respect, paid the bills, free wine, and can be good fun if your looking for a job that just pays the bills however - if you are looking for a real job with a real contract, real employment, real progression and security then this is not for you.
I took the job under the impression that after 3 months I would get an appraisal and if I worked hard I would be changed from a 0 hour contract to a permanent employment contract with laithwaites wine - so I worked my butt off for those 3 months hitting all the targets and exceeding them....6 months later I had no appraisal and every time I asked they said they are behind and are too busy. Some of the other staff there told me they have been there a year and are still on 0 hour contracts waiting for their appraisals even though they are hitting every target.
Whilst they are lovely, they tell you what they want you to hear to hire as many people as they can for their busy period, you get good paid training but then your put in the call centre and all the promises of progression are out the window.
One huge plus is that they put me through a wset level 2 course and I got a merit, but I only did that to get a permanent contract and that never materialised.
The people are lovely, they pay is pretty good, and the hours are variable. I really cannot fault the people but on a business level I was extremely disheartened with their lack of organisational skills and false promises of real employment. Just my honest opinion
  more... so people don’t fall for the same false promises of a full time permanent contract after 3 months like I did.
This would be great for a student or someone who just wants a casual job, but not someone looking for a job with security or progression.
Pros
Lovely people. Taste wine. Nice cafe with lovely staff, the main lady is so lovely in the caf
Cons
No contract/0 hour contract - false promises of progression
Standard Recruitment Company
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire22 February 2018
As with all companies there is good and bad. Excellent salary and opportunity for bonus, ideal company to work for if you thrive under pressure and able to work with minimal training.
Pros
Good social activities
Cons
High pressure, lack of support
Easy going.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse20 February 2018
I found omega easy to manage as it was adhoc hours, however the rates of pay weren't the best. i would definitely recommend to someone looking for work.
Pros
easy to manage
Cons
ADHOC hours
Grate place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire10 January 2018
I learned how to work in group, whit the people. Was really nice work whit nice people. And I will like to have the opportunity to work again with you.
Omega is good
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire28 December 2017
I had a pleasant experience dealing with this agency. Very friendly, helpful, dependable people at the Omega on-site team from Delphi factory in Stonehouse. No problems with payslips. Payments made each week are ok, they pay as they say.
Awful Agency
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire6 December 2017
They take advantage of everybody they employ. I applied for order picker job and i was working for one week unloading the lorries before i could do something else. I DO NOT recommend this agency to anyone. Mess in the office, unfriendly staff and problems with payslip.
Pros
light work
Cons
Insolvent
Fun place to work
Account consultant (Current Employee) –  Norwich City Centre, Norfolk21 November 2017
Great company to work for. Everyone from the directors through to the receptionist are really helpful and friendly, and are always available to offer help and support.
omega agency
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire26 October 2017
Omega are a very good agency to work for.Everytime iv been out of work omega has found me something straight away.
the staff at omega are welcoming and very helpful
Pros
very helpful with jobs
Cons
need more full time jobs than part time
Production
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse, Gloucestershire23 August 2017
Omega was a good company to work for they were good to me but I left because I had an accident at work which resulted me having septacaemia in my right index finger. A few weeks after I went back to work and I shouldn't of been back that early because of taking codeine for the pain in my finger and even with that I still had to operate machinery so I walked out so I didn't injure myself anymore.
Pros
Cons
Hours too long
good p;ace to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff2 August 2017
i enjoyed working for this company as they were always able to find me prt time work during the time i needed it, i would reccomend them to anyone looking for similar work

Want to know more about Omega Resource Group?

Ask a question
Fantastic people to work with
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 May 2017
I was working for their cowley site. It gave me great experience n exposure to open more better oppurtunities... A very good place n people to work with n grow in your career. Always Thank full
Pros
Experience n money
Avoid working!
Picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Brackmills15 March 2017
Avoid working here!!! Agency are bloody useless! One week i'm working then 3 weeks later i hear nothing cause apprently there is no work! Useless job.
Pros
2 lunches
Cons
Agency are rubbish
Enjoyed
Delapark- Brackmills (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire26 January 2017
Great agency ,enjoyed work for them until problems came out, there were a period where I used to stay at home for 1 week and go back to work again but hei! Still happy
Pros
2 lunches
Cons
8 hours job
Very helpful
Operator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 January 2017
Omega helped me get straight back to work as a temporary member of staff but in everyday in the workplace where I was released as an apprentice (IAC).
The worst
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lydney, Gloucestershire11 December 2016
Payments made each week were wrong,
No sense in the pay roll department, no clears records, useless staff. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Manufactory assembley
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Swindon17 July 2016
I've got all the skills required to work in car industry 25years But you have go through a Silly process of doing a written test which I probably failed They should go on your past skills not on Theory tests
Pros
Lunch breaks ok
Cons
Hours not a problem
Unsafe working conditions
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Merseyside14 April 2016
This is the worst company, they treat bad the employees, supervisors lack completely of respect towards whatsoever. Nobody answers phone in office, they have also problems of employee working safety.They don't pay as they say, it is always wrong payment every time.Nobody should work for them.The cleaning they do are not respecting the hygiene requirements by law,they lack of cleaning substances and utilities. They keep potentially hazardous substances in wrong and without label recipients. This is not good at all.
Productive and good workplace
Warehouse Operative on Frijj and Production NRC (Former Employee) –  Stonehouse11 February 2016
Work well paid, friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Carers helpful, easy going, tolerant and understanding. Coworkers nice and helpful, the work easy and enjoyable.
Boring but worth it job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Northampton27 January 2016
The job itself is quite boring; as a picker/ packer you do the same thing for around 11h. However, as I am only 16 I can not say nothing bad because I really enjoyed being paid £6.70 an hour. Also another dis- advantage of this job is that through an agency you never know when you are needed and when you are not, this means that your job is not secure.
Pros
good pay, easy, friendly management and co-workers
Cons
long hours, short breaks boring job
Good workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  ENG29 December 2015
I was doing rework at warehouse. I learned resonsibility and punctuality. I also improved my language skills and computer skills.