Olleco Employee Reviews

Very poor management at this company
Multi Drop Delivery Driver 7.5 tonne (Former Employee) –  Wakefield4 August 2019
Very poor management
Employees are promoted without proper training
Health and safety is non existent here
No allowance for tachograph breaks in the work planning so long days
Very dirty job, which is to be accepted working with oil.
No sick pay,
Talked to like rubbish by many in office's bysalesmanagement
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
See review
My experience of being a driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 July 2019
Not for me
No career progression
Poor communication and training
High staff turnover
Worked with some fun people
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Long hours for poor pay
Office (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire5 June 2019
It's a great company to work for. They are really interested in everyone's opinion and do lots to train and develop people. Most manager roles get filled internally so there are lots of chances to progress.

I've been able to do loads of training since joining - as long as you work hard and express an interest they will develop you!

The company puts safety at the heart of everything and my experience is that they really live this in everything they do.

The company is always changing so it keeps things interesting and always feels like you are able to make a positive difference - the fact we're helping the environment too is an added bonus!
Pros
Employee friendly - saving the planet!
Cons
Not for you if you like easy days!
Great company making a difference to climate change
Sales (Current Employee) –  Blisworth, Northamptonshire17 May 2019
I like working at Olleco because I feel we are making a real difference to the environment, helping our customers to recycle their organic waste into biofuels.
The people at Olleco are great to work with, a lot of them really dedicated and committed to helping each other do their best.
Pros
Great people and a good cause
Cons
Its hard work but satisfying
Challenging ambitious company with good career prospects
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 May 2019
Olleco is a very fast paced and ambitious company which has grown substantially over the last few years. A typical day is very busy but colleagues are both friendly and supportive.

I learned a lot during my time at Olleco. They invest in their staff and provide numerous employee benefits. Their growth over recent years has meant that I have seen numerous colleagues promoted into more senior positions.

Employees are hard working and there is a 'role your sleeves up' and 'get stuck in' culture. The hardest part of the job is also the most exciting. Olleco is constantly evolving and expanding. This means that every day brings something new. At times these new challenges can be difficult to overcome but when an issue is resolved it is very rewarding.
Pros
Employee benefits and the quality of training
Cons
Rapidly shifting objectives and priorities
The Good The Bad Then Theres Olleco
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thetford25 April 2019
On a positive the sales and ops manager are really good without them i'm not sure the depot would really function. Good laugh with drivers and warehouse.

The pay is substandard for what you have to do, especially with the onus on sales. I would say in comparison you should be earning £25,000 for the work you have to do.

The Gm loves a googled inspirational quote "what would you do different tomorrow" is a firm fav. The sales targets continued to increase and the bonuses didn't i received a pay rise on merit apparently for over achieving and working really hard. I was told not to tell my fellow colleagues as know one got one. But appears another person did who got the same bonus as me hadn't been there 3 months and achieved a 10th of the results, (actually couldn't sell sushi to the Japanese). when this was found out a fellow team member who didn't get a pay rise and been at the company over 7 years hadn't his notice in. the treatment by the GM towards was unacceptable he wouldn't speak to him, used a different entrance kept his food downstairs for a month. And on his last day asked the sales manager to send him at 2pm, when he left he didn't even wish him luck or shake his hand.

The gm is happy to sit in his office with little input not sure what he did but happy to take all the praise from his superiors

I would give a wide birth under the current GM and pay
If i could give zero stars i would
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, Durham11 April 2019
Terrible management, unpaid slave labour overtime will probably put under minimum wage. Safety a joke. People in management positions who really don't have a clue what they are doing. Spineless general manager. Staff may aswell be in a revolving door they change that much mind you that gives you an indication of the company it is.
Pros
Cons
The company
Dirty heavy bad hours bad pay
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk10 April 2019
Perfect company perfect bosses but NO TEAM !!! Your on your own lifting dirty heavy harmfull waste oils ,you go home when it's done and no way is it 21k pa it's a min wage 0 hour contract and I hope your not scared of big rats ! ,go the extra mile and shoot yourself in the foot again ,,,recomend a driver scheme 1000pound incentive same company!!!!!!!!
Pros
Fish gutt back drop, aka waste oil that builds up in ur face
Cons
no team, no money, no time
Don’t do it
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Midlands8 February 2019
Avoid unless you want to be miserable.
Management don’t care about it. Everyone is two faced and will talk rubbish about you as soon as you walk out to go to the toilet.
You’re just another number.
Staff turnover is absolutely ridiculous.
Salary isn’t good.
Long hours.
Terrible work/personal balance.
30 mins break.
No room for progression.
Management favourite people.
No sick pay.
Pros
You have your own desk
Cons
Interesting process, rewarding position and opportunities to progress
Biodiesel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 February 2019
Olleco is a relatively small company and as a result you are exposed to several aspects of the business which is great for developing professionally. There are opportunities to progress if you have the right attitude, show initiative and always aim to continuously improve to help Olleco grow as a company. The H&S standards are good with all employees prioritising H&S over production. Olleco is a great example of a circular economy that converts waste materials into energy sources.
Pros
Good location, challenging but rewarding, opportunities to progress, committed employees at all levels
Just a number, replaceable
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire20 January 2019
In the short time I was there over 10 people came and went. There was no room to progress within and hired seniors externally despite several people wanting to move up and had the experience and capability to do so. low salary compared to other places.
it was ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  london17 December 2018
Driving a class 2 to various locations in and around London and Kent collecting waste and disposing of it
Paperwork management
…………………………………………………………………...
Avoid at all cost .
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 November 2018
Awful place to work .No training .expected to work with no tools .The bio hall is a disaster waiting to happen .The manager is a young university boy who hasn't got any people skills .Morning meetings everyday .pointless .what ever is mentioned is over seen .the turn over of really good operators is awful .you get promised development .That never happens .No time for meal breaks .The whole site stinks of raw food .If your face doesn't fit .you won't last 5 minutes .Avoid this place .Your basically a number .The company is full of false hope .How the place hasn't been shut down is beyond me .You have been warned .
Pros
Great unappreciated process guys .
Cons
Terrible manager with no people skills
You will be treated like the smelly stuff that comes from bottoms
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 November 2018
Started as a driver For this joke of a company I come from a reputable outfit with office managers that are realistic and listen to their staff.
Oh my word what a wake up call this place is, I managed to put up with it for 6 month's then had to leave, I saw new drivers every week? Old drivers had vanished? Boiled in oil? Not quite sure! The management? ? Thought it great "plenty queuing at the door if you lot are not happy" attitude? Extremely high staff turn over not good, 30 - 40 drops in a lorry in one day? Erm it does 56 mph wake up. I did 20 one day got whined at for not doing 40 😂 the dragon in the office didn't appreciate me handing her the keys because obviously she could do better.......the interview was a joke questions off google 😂😂😂😂 I had to tell them to shove it.
Pros
Going home covered in oil no shower facilities
Cons
0/10 management score, poor pay, jobs worth drivers that need a wake up kiss
Ok job
worker (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2018
Company is ok. Staff don't seem to get on very well, always arguments between the different teams. Not a bad company but a bit of a dead end. Need to look at the money you want to earn and if this is enough for you
Pros
Bupa care
Cons
Arguments
Very bad management
Supply Chain Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bootle, Merseyside23 October 2018
They expect you to take an extra job for home with no pay. The manager is truly a bloodsucker, expect you to work on your break time with no pay,take home an extra job also with no pay and when you politely want to discuss it, telling you that if you don’t like it than leave. Very bad management,especially the manager is very rude with staff.
Pros
Non
Cons
Extremely long hours with no pay for extra hours
No fun
multi skilled operative (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury17 October 2018
Just not for me 4 on 4 off and weekend work is not really convenient and 12 hour days can be too much especially if your doing over time and you've worked six days in a row people get grumpy
Pros
Home time and 4 on 4 off
Cons
4 on 4 off
Not a nice place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Northampton25 August 2018
Extremely high staff turnover in the credit control department, this then puts extreme pressure on the rest of the team. Work is very repetitive and boring. They definately have favourite faces, I found them to be very petty, just a stressful and unpleasant place to work.
Very busy
Assistant to the Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 August 2018
A waste oil collection Company who produces bio oil with used oil and food waste. Weekly reports on a Monday in order to have an overview of the stock and profits
Pros
Central
Cons
A branch reporting to head office
Good job
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury10 July 2018
Good job transport manager very understanding just wish was closer to home wouldn't of left lorry's all good once you got your own round easy job can be smelly in summer but thats what to expect
Cons
Long days