Office for Students Employee Reviews

One of the worst companies to work for
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 April 2019
I was employed as a Temp fulfilling the role of Team Administrator. No training was provided. No support from the team. Was treated like a robot. Not allowed to have an opinion or question a task. In the end, because I was making mistakes (no training), (any decent
reputable employer would encourage and support) this particular employer got rid of me in the most cruel way. The employer had a discussion with the entire team (before my dismissal) and told them that I would be leaving straight away.. they told the team not to engage with me. In the meeting, they told me I didn't fit the role and they wanted me to leave NOW. They took my pass and escorted me out of the building. I am still suffering from Depression, from the way in which Office for Students treated me.
Official response from Office for Students
26 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Office for Students as an employer. We were sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. Temps are an important part of our workforce and we value colleagues who can support the administration team from their first day with us. To enable meaningful support, we often provide training on the job. In your case, we were reassured to hear that you did not feel you needed training in fundamental tasks. We regret that we are not able to recognise the description of your dismissal and indeed we have a reputation for discretion and professionalism. The retrieval of security passes is a standard process for colleagues leaving us and is not intended to cause offence. Thank you again for your time and good luck in your future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office for Students. Our community is ready to answer.

Office for Students Reviews by Job Title