Octopus Energy

Octopus Energy Employee Reviews

The team are great and the work atmosphere is welcoming but the way things are ran are not very good. Communication is the worst when it comes to shift and the hours are unacceptable giving you no time to take yourself out of work mode. Commission is bad as well. They lie to their staff and under pay
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours and bad manager to staff communication
decent job, good hours and good environment, friendly team and decent line manager but heavily target driven role, if you are not inot that, its not a good fit for you
Pros
good office
Cons
target driven
An average day is split up between phones, emails and project time. Octopus really push us to pursue what we enjoy and will try and find time for us to explore these opportunities. There is always someone available to chat to if you're struggling with any work and Octopus have created a really friendly environment that's both challenging but supportive.
Pros
You'll make friends for life
Cons
A lot is asked of you early on
Octopus Energy is a very fast paced environment which requires you to always be thinking outside the box. There is always something to be doing, and you are constantly thinking from the start of your shift to the end. Hard work is always recognised and rewarded. Feedback is both welcomed and encouraged. It is a very relaxed culture whereby you can communicate with colleagues regardless of their position.
Pros
Incentives, social events, accountability and recognition.
Cons
occaisonal long hours and very fast paced
I joined last year and this is the best place I have worked for. They are collaborative and adaptive with a great culture from the management down.They really care about the customers, the planet and do great work disrupting the industry. The workload is difficult and can be stressful at times but its the busy, fast-paced environment that makes this job the challenge I need to push myself. I love the people who work here too and have made some amazing friends.
I've been at Octopus for a couple of years now and am still loving it. Everything that we do is centred around what's best for the customer and I find it very rewarding as a result. Customer operations wasn't the area that I expected I would work in however, I love that it means I can help people & we have the freedom to do whatever we think will have the best outcome for the customer. With such rapid growth does come with some challenging periods however it's those times when we need to come up with solutions and problem solve, so I'm continually being kept on my toes, which I like. It's nice to feel like you can have such an impact. The culture is shaped by everyone that works here. There are no rules and everyone hired across the business is always extremely friendly. You do need to be flexible & be able to keep up with the fast pace but it really is somewhere that you can thrive.
I've been at Octopus for a few years now, and I have learned so much. It is a challenging place to work, but it's incredibly rewarding. If you're not up for a challenge, and you're not able to work in an ever changing environment, this is not for you. However, if you genuinely care about customers, the environment and your colleagues, then please join us. I know we're hiring a lot of people this year!
It's a good place to work and very helpful learn new skills and people and managers are very helpful and will always help and will always be open and honest
Enjoyable to start with, promised the world with further training and possible promotion. Ended up being like most other metering firms and nothing came to light.
Nice experience ,nice place, team work , weekly pay, they offer affordable energy bill to customer, good customer service , friendly environment, after sales follow up.
This company suck you in with all the benefit and the bonus but do not fall for it, the managers do and wear what they like they swear and shout at you in meetings and basically dont help you and help there friends or partners who are doing perfectly fine on there own. This is the rotherham site i am talking about and sheffield is meant to be even worse i have been there 12 weeks and looking for something else its that bad, selling for a company this isnt well know by customer is very hard but they dont understant that
This is a call center, despite what the job advert might suggest. It's high stress, and the management will never think you are working hard enough. Thoroughly not recommend
I worked here for a couple of months and honestly loved it at the beginning - however it quickly went downhill - people are rather judgmental having their own little cliques and leaving other people out. One manager in particular was terrible for encouraging this and even screamed, hitting an employee in the face with his elbow. I quickly ended up leaving.
Pros
Lunches, Bonus
Cons
Managers, Long Hours, People.
The people I worked with were all very friendly and it was easy to interact with the public to introduce them to Octopus Energy and to ask them if they would be interested in signing up with them.
  1. Employee reviews