OCS Employee Reviews

Prefect nightmare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom22 May 2019
Working with the company for just over 6 years pays wrong each month managers are very hard to get hold of too dont waste your time joining, they don't care about anything apart from their selfs
Bad workplace
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 May 2019
Staff dwindling ever since the tupe process false promises of more staff which never happen management don't do anything or just fob you off.
The reprographic supervisor thinks he in charge of everyone bullies everybody swears and shouts at everyone and gets away with it. managers don't do anything about it no matter how many times others complain the post room gets away with murder but quick enough to grass on anyone else if they do wrong bad atmosphere and never worked in a place so bad like this
Pros
Cons
Postroom staff
Worst place
mobile cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bath2 May 2019
The worst job in the world. Unregulated, no one knows anything, no one tells you anything, and most importantly, they do not pay you! I have not seen a more miserable company.
Terrible
Window cleaner (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 May 2019
Disgraceful place to work, money is bad, supervisors are clueless. Advertise a job for window cleaning and put you on bins for induction. I would rather go prison then back there.
Pros
Finish at 3
Cons
Everything about the place
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire30 April 2019
Avoid at all costs. I was sacked according to gross misconduct when I had nothing on my file. No-one spoke to me about my 'bad attitude or behaviour' was an easy excuse to get rid of me. Supervisors speak to you like dirt, rest of the staff follow them like sheep. All 2 faced including managers on the end of the phone. Worst mistake I ever is joining this company. The pay is awful, conditions in working area is terrible. All electrical equipment is not checked, all way out of date from the last testing. The company is a bunch of cowboys.
Cons
Worst mistake of my life.
Helpdesk Operative / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ipswich24 April 2019
Management was disgusting, treated staff disgustingly. Pay was great but not worth the mental torture of that place. Would advise against working for ocs in Ipswich.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
run by cowboys
the best (Current Employee) –  theplacefullofmutants31 March 2019
supervisors constantly break the speed limit and go for a snooze when not busy, you will not get any shifts unless you beg for them then you'll be marked as the dogs body floater who will be phoned for all cover shifts last minute and expected to drop your personal family life on your day off or be shunned for not doing so to the point they will promise you a weeks work if you do the single shift (whilst you're in the middle of a family restaurant meal and already said no 3 times and being called back because they can't get anyone else so you eventually take it on the promise of a weeks work and dropping £80 on a meal that's barely touched to drive through a snowstorm and make back the money you just lost only to break even and go home to an unhappy wife who's plans are now ruined because you need rest) only to be ignored by your work afterwards and knowing that you have just finished a 16 hour shift, got home and went to sleep you will get constantly woken up if they need to use you, you will also be accused of leaving sites early when in fact you leave them late because the receptionist doesn't appear and the office staff is in your place without checking your book off time or cctv to correlate the information given, you will not advance further to a permanent site even after doing everything they ask for over a year and going above and beyond the call of duty unless you know someone on the inside then you will get a golden handshake and made permanent within a week of starting all whilst the poor floater is told there are no permanent sites available even the one closest  more... to their doorstep that they were asking about for a year and then the new guy with an uncle who works there gets it straight away.... all in all they are a nice happy bunch but they will treat you like a robotic slave that is expected to say yes sir no sir three bags full sir

they either give you lots of work or none at all
Pros
amateurs at best
Cons
definitely
Avoid company at all costs
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London18 March 2019
I have'd learn to be bullied, harrased, discriminated with this company. The pay its all the time wrong. Don't expect for the staff that leaves to be replaced and everyone has to take the workload.The management structure doesn't have a clue how to deal with people and they will all the time try to save money in order to keep the contracts.
Pros
No such thing with this company
Cons
The company is a cons and all the structure
Fantastic Company
Cleaning Manager (Current Employee) –  OCS5 March 2019
It has been the most greatest company I have worked in the last few years, I really enjoyed to work with them, very supportive & polite management team and wonderful staff.
Event Security
Event Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2019
Get to the venue help out in logistics with staff cues then go over to the break hall and make sure staff are not doing things they should not be doing.

Then help clear up pack the tables away then go back and help in logistics with cues again
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Very early start
Awful management. They havent got a clue on how to run things
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wigan22 February 2019
Awful company to work for. Short staffed but still expected to cover all areas and they expect the same standard of work. Avoid at all cost even if you are desparate
Pros
Cons
Get wages wrong on a regular basis
Over worked short staffed standards still expected
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lancashire, England9 February 2019
I worked for NHS Property Services which has been taken over by OCS. People have left and OCS won't replace them and expect the 3 out of 6 cleaners to continue doing all the work which is now twice as much as Before, and expect a higher % pass rate with now weekly audits, instead of 6 weekly audits that the NHS used to do. Never seen management. 2 out of remaining 3 now on sick, leaving 1 lone person to work alone till 9pm locking up and securing a very large health centre. Disgusting if you ask me! What if that 1 person has an accident . Everyone is miserable at work and OCS don't care about there employee's.
Pros
Honours NHS Contract
Cons
No consideration for the welfare of staff
Average workplace
Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 February 2019
Good Company Benefits, Pay is ok.
No atmosphere in the office , nobody talks to each other everyone sits with headphones in so no interaction with other members of staff
Pros
Beneifts are good
Cons
Non atmosphere in the offce
Interview
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Shropshire4 February 2019
Had interview with area manager in Shropshire, he was scruffy and inept, could not answer questions I had and told me I was over overqualified. Seems to me because I out shone him I had no chance of getting the job. If this is the standard of managers they have I pitty the staff within the Shropshire area. Good luck you guys.
awful so called company
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth1 February 2019
worst company ive ever worked for, full of un educated thugs who thought there were better than they are .workplace culture was to do as little as possible .supervisors were cool though but only because they had done the work and knew how s..t it was.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, conditions, no organisation, pathetic
the staff were nice. company was not
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hampshire25 January 2019
O.C.S. took over the franchise of my old job from Interserve, we never had a pay rise for two years, and when we did it was only because it came in line with the minimal wage, so they had to, then they went about cutting jobs and hours, they cut mine by 66%, so i left, i since found out that they lost the franchise as the standards had dropped to such a degree that it was unsatisfactory.
Rubbish company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands24 January 2019
No support, no work life balance, senior management employ bully boy tactics , no traiining , expectations too high for a company the preaches family values irs not practised at any level and health and well being although preached not practised really poor company to work for, loyalty means nothing
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about this poor company
Busy Job
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham International Airport, West Midlands21 January 2019
Worked as part of an agency and contracted out to OCS. Busy day, hard work, not enough staff. Nice to meet passengers and different people in the airport. Needed updated equipment and better staff care
Great work place, easy going management
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex16 January 2019
I've recently started working for ocs and enjoy it massively, always a manger or supervisor to talk or ask questions to. All staff are happy to help if I need it and everyone is generally lovely.
Pros
Management and staff are great.
Cons
None as off yet.
Worst place to work ever
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk15 January 2019
Worked there when it was ISS they don't care about there staff and the pay isn't £11 it's £7.88 and I was also discriminated against because I had anxiety felt like I was being treated differently worst place to work ever
Pros
Patients are nice
Cons
The staff discriminated against me because anxiety, the pay was poor also hygiene was very poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.