OCS Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 October 2017
Within the traffic dept definitely a culture of bullying, and there is a clic and if your not in it, your on the outside and treated accordingly, as in not wanted shown your not wanted.
Pros
non
Cons
bullying
Enjoyable
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire11 October 2017
I really enjoyed this job unfortunately the contract was taken over by a different company and I left as I felt the new management was not good enough.
Pros
The people you work with
Weak Management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Anglia11 October 2017
Disorganised, knee-jerk responses, no care for the individual. A tick-box mentality.
This is not a company I would recommend anyone to work for, however, a different management team in another location may provide better control.
Poor Company, and you never know where your next shift is coming from
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 October 2017
Have been working for OCS since April and have only ever completed 2 shifts because the hrs are all over the place. You either get contacted by the mini bus driver last minute or you make your request known online. You don't get paid to travel and the money you do make is very little for the hours you're actually working rather than traveling.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Organisation
Fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 September 2017
Very good company.. enjoyed working for them ..havent seen anything bad .money was good and kind people . I would love to work for the company again .
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chepstow15 September 2017
Not bad job fair pay and the workers there are friendly. Pay wasnt always on time but when spoken to with manager they sorted it no problems. Would work again.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
People you work with are ok and welcoming but the company is a joke
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  England5 September 2017
The hours u wake up are ungodly and the team leaders are selfish and don't care for others but if ur after the money and don't care how I get treated the go for it
A good First Job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 August 2017
I found that working within OCS was very helpful in terms of working around college and allowed me to build up confidence at a younger age by giving me responsibility over an entire office floor in terms of cleaning.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
not a long term job
Poor management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
Awful management with a culture of bullying staff into doing overtime and being given tasks that far out reach the job title and spec. Spoken to and treated like a number being told on a regular basis how easily staff can be replaced. Very little communication from operation managers, no family life balance and no room for progression. Nothing in the way of staff benefits and when sick in hospital an area supervisor came to check I was on the ward I said I was because they thought I was lying.
good place to work
merchandising stocktaking (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 August 2017
they r nice some friendly team worker u travel long way work long hours but u learn to stock count and merchandise good breaks times and work at your own pace
Company lost dockyard contract with HMNB
Fire sentry, Rescue sentry, FAFF team leader (Former Employee) –  Plymouth17 August 2017
I was working with this company until they were taken over by the existing company that I work with presently. Poor higher management, adequate PPE not issued for tasks to be carried out.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Unsatisfactory rates of pay for this type of job
A very good company to work for
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport17 August 2017
A very good company to work for within the airport providing excellent customer support service and helping those to enjoy the journey on their holidays.
Pros
helping others satisfaction
Cons
lots of walking
enjoyable and great staff to work along side
Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for OCS... Great Management towards the staff.
They treat the staff when we've worked hard
approachable
work was also enjoyable
Pros
free lunches every month end
Cons
had to stay behind on month ends
contract was not renewed
Parks supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2017
due to OCS loosing their own contract
competent staff and supervisors
but poor co-ordination from the local authority
due to either no or poor communication
breakfast chef
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Solihull4 August 2017
an okay company to work for but the management team at my site really need looking at. they can be quite rude and abrupt with staff as well as customers
Great job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Ocs Surrey28 July 2017
Great place to work,everyone is friendly Ocs would answer any questions i may of had made some great friends there sorry had to leave due to being made redundant
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks
Terrible
Stock taker (Former Employee) –  South wales21 July 2017
I worked for Ocs for 2 years my advice is to stay away from this company, there is no loyalty to it's staff working conditions are terrible you can travel unpaid for longer than you actually work.
The management are disloyal and use and abuse you then discard you when your no longer needed,if you use your own car to get to shifts you have to wait for the petrol you use,and parking on the most part is not paid, the management are 2 faced and not to be trusted.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
reliable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent18 July 2017
after working with the company i had no issues, the management appeared to value their staffs input regardless whether it was negative or positive ( that being said i think they listened to their staffs opinions )

wages were payed fantastically no issues at all.

in overall i felt it wasn't a bad company to work for and definatly would again.
Pros
overtime availability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.