OCS Employee Reviews

Its alright.
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 May 2018
Worked as a stocktaker, pay sucks, hours suck, people are alright though. Give it a bash if your desperate I suppose. Work is easy enough, if extremely tedious and boring. Management is a bit of a gamble, there's a handful of good ones there though.

10/10 "It's alright" - IGN
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Unpaid travel, long hours, long periods of no work (December especially)
Appalling company!!
Porter (Former Employee) –  North West28 May 2018
Delusional management, with very little life experience.
Absolutely zero regard for employees health and safety. Just one example, another employee had collapsed with suspected heart trouble and the only comment from the senior manager was, "don't forget to call the sickness line"!!
Thrive themselves on paperwork and looking busy instead of actually helping to run the contract.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Took the job
Stay away
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire28 May 2018
Managed to stay a week. I was interviewed by the company where I would be working at no time was I told I was working for ots. I found out on the 3rd day and understood why I never got any breaks. I was expected to cook everything from scratch which I am capable of. But then to have to serve take money and do all the washing up. While the ots supervised sat on her rear having chatter time with management . understaffed . . I would never have considered leaving my previous job of I had known. I have already found a lovely job as cool at a nursery and feed 160 children and adults .
Cons
Good company to work for
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster24 May 2018
This is a great company to work for, I had been with them for nearly 2yrs. The down side if any was the new phoning in system which I personally think is unfair as we had to sort keys from security and sign for them, before walking to the building unlocking doors turning alarms off and then being able to phone in .we had to do the same when signing off at finish of job then return keys to security .Think they need to sort this out also no pay between jobs which I had 3 follow on jobs , the training is excellent, the supervisor is only a phone call away and is fantastic
Pros
Relaxed working conditions
Cons
Clocking on system, no pay between jobs
Overbearing bullies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Half the poxy country16 May 2018
They sell you a job in one area then nag and expect you to jobs you didn't sign up for in other extra and massively bloated areas, when you refuse you are demonised.

End up doing crazy mileages for sod all extra. Rather be on the dole.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bunch of bullying con merchants
Working on yourown
Mobile Auditor (Current Employee) –  North East15 May 2018
let to your own devises to get on with the job. no interference from managers.

like most jobs get on with your job, do it right no one bothers you.

If you can plan your own work load and are IT literate then an ideal job as you can work round yourown time
Pros
paid on time
Cons
lack of communication from managers
Terrible company
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 May 2018
Horrific company that illegally does not include regular overtime in holiday pay.
Managers only have time for their favourites
Punished if you speak up for your rights
Never get an answer from hr
very good company
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall2 May 2018
from day one i was treated fairly and given training overtime if necessary. covering at other sites if wanted. work on my own in the building and area supervisor is always at the end of a phone and calls down regularly
Pros
overtime.always available
Alright...ish.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester23 April 2018
Worked for them as a security officer. What was good about that job was my 4on-4off shift pattern. However they would ring you basically every day to do overtime. Fellow security lads were also OK. My direct manager was alright but further up on the ladder and they were getting worse and worse; some of them were coming up with ideas so stupid that you could tell that either they never worked as a front security guards or that was long time ago and they forgot how it is at the bottom. HR? Laughable. Payslips - sometimes you had to call them and ask them why was the payslip wrong and quite often you had to point out exactly what was wrong with it because they couldn't see that.
Pros
Working with good lads who would actually really help you if you struggled.
Cons
Top management and useless bunch of incompetent staff in main office and HR
long hours. unprofessional managers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth23 April 2018
no proper training. no professionalism. Let there supervisors get away with what they want. My site treated new staff like rubbish.
the managing director tho is very nice.
Cons
long hour. no warm welcome
Professional and Organized
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 April 2018
I cleaned for three hours a day, Monday to Friday, from 5am till 8am, working in a giant office building. I was with this company for just over two months.

A routine day at work would consist of a deep clean on one floor, which would include dusting and spot cleaning of the desks, then I would vacuum all floors.

Despite the early morning shift, not getting sufficient amounts of sleep (because I have an evening job as well), and noticing a decrease in my wellbeing because of it, I still enjoyed the job.

Staff and management were friendly. My line manager was open and willing to listen to any problems that I had (not that I had many to speak of). But there was a work colleague who would talk negatively behind almost everyone's back.

Management also handled things in a professional manner. We had plenty of team meetings, pretty much once a week, where we would be informed of changes, and any problems that needed addressing. However I do think we had way too many of them; some I thought were a little unnecessary.

I was fully trained, and I received a full induction on my first day.

Another issue I had was with the clock in/clock out system. For one they kept changing our pass-codes, so we had to keep memorizing new ones, after just getting used to the old. Also for a while at the start, I had to wait for a supervisor to let me in, as I had not yet received my pass. And sometimes I would be let in with a few minutes before the start of the shift, but by the time I clocked in, it would be a couple of minutes past five. And if you clock in at say 5:01, you would be
  more... deducted five minutes of work time from your wages. This was not my fault, and I do not think it was ever corrected, despite me addressing it to my supervisors.

The hardest part of the job was the early start. But it was the kind of hours I was looking for, so I would not rate the job negatively for that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with some of my colleagues. The office staff were also nice.
Pros
Full training and induction, Friendly line manager, Good pay
Cons
Too many meetings, Harsh clock in/clock out system
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ipswich20 April 2018
Was iss which now ocs really has gone down hill I'm now looking for a new job as they are trying to find reasons to lay people off pay is now gone from weekly to monthly which messes all bills up don't like the company unless they improve I will be moving on
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Silly hours and unwelcoming automosphere
Bad company!
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall20 April 2018
This company don't give you the proper training unless you ask for it, then they fire you when you 'miss things' or don't do a good enough job! They also tell you to speed up all the time!
There is also a lot of back stabbing between colleagues which all goes back to the area manager!
Pros
Pay always on time and never usually wrong, you get to leave early every day!
Cons
Not enough training, rude, will talk behind your back
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire17 April 2018
Friendly company, easy to work with and very helpful towards you and get the PPE that you need and points in the right direction on the job training with great benefits
0 hours contract company
Carder and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London and East12 April 2018
If you are after a zero hours contract and you are just looking for a bit of work to fill a bit of spare time them yes, go work for this company......
Pros
0 hours contract
Cons
0 hours contract
Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.
The management say they are approachable but they’re not and willing to stab you in back given chance
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Poor pay for what you do, they give you unrealistic deadlines, the management have said that they are approachable but the’re not. If you have an opinion/ complaints they don’t like you having too much of an opinion. Also you don’t feel like a valued employee as they can just get rid of you and draft more sub- contractors in.
Pros
Company van, pension, uniform, regular pay
Cons
Low salary, extremely poor management on all levels. Don’t want to pay overtime
stock counter
Stock Counter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff28 March 2018
I learned how to multiply quickly and use the company stock phones to work out stock data, had to travel to all different stores such as Asda, Tesco, Flannels, Primark, Aldi and more. it wasn't very hard, meeting new people and learning new and completing tasks.
Worst catering company I’ve ever worked for
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands23 March 2018
I worked for Ocs as a catering manager for 3 years ,in that time I was offered no training or support but I was bombarded with a constant flow of ill thought out promotions / cost cutting /huge amount of reports and completed unnecessary paperwork. The manager over catering is never seen and doesn’t appear to understand the catering industry.
I genuinely feel sorry for my staff and the clients staff we feed , our offerings should and could be so much better if senior management knew their job !
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Poor rate of pay, weak senior management, no trading, under staffing
Very poor middle management
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  East Anglia21 March 2018
I have been working for Ocs for only a few weeks but it’s evident that senior management are weak , I’ve had little or no training , the laptop that’s essential for training and ordering has missing due to a virus on the system, the support manageress is always ‘needed elsewhere ‘ in short the worst catering company I’ve ever worked for
Pros
Good hours for a catering job
Cons
No training, no systems in place, lack of support, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.