OCS Pay & Benefits reviews

Cleaner (Former Employee) –  March, Cambridgeshire17 April 2018
Friendly company, easy to work with and very helpful towards you and get the PPE that you need and points in the right direction on the job training with great benefits
0 hours contract company
Carder and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London and East12 April 2018
If you are after a zero hours contract and you are just looking for a bit of work to fill a bit of spare time them yes, go work for this company......
Pros
0 hours contract
Cons
0 hours contract
Great had a good time working there but not the best
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  London, England10 April 2018
Great time working mot the best but was fun and was not the best salary but it was ok and pretty cool otherwise work and salary were 7/10 and staff were pretty nice and polite.
The management say they are approachable but they’re not and willing to stab you in back given chance
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Poor pay for what you do, they give you unrealistic deadlines, the management have said that they are approachable but the’re not. If you have an opinion/ complaints they don’t like you having too much of an opinion. Also you don’t feel like a valued employee as they can just get rid of you and draft more sub- contractors in.
Pros
Company van, pension, uniform, regular pay
Cons
Low salary, extremely poor management on all levels. Don’t want to pay overtime
Nice
Steward (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Very nice place to work at since the job roles are balanced due to having enough staff to cover people's shifts to give them breaks from time to time.
Pros
free food, and break
Cons
Long hours, mostly boring just stadning
nightmare
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  nationwide15 February 2018
O C S

Monthly pay which is hard to budget, long hours when shifts are given grumpy managers and nightmare travelling , staying in hotels etc etc. just not a vey good job to have.
Pros
get home early
Cons
travelling
Very flexible, Social and fun place to work
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London25 January 2018
I have enjoyed my time working for OCS with nothing bad to say about the job. Staff are very friendly, they work around your time which helps with my education. I also have recommended a couple of friends for this job and would recommended any one who is in full-time education or earn a bit of money on the side if you are working full-time.
Pros
Flexible, friendly, social, well paid
Cons
Organisation with over booking staff can sometimes be a problem.
There are worse places to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 January 2018
There are worse places to work. The area in which I work is not too bad but the company as a whole complains about staff turn over but insists on offering minimum wage and zero hours contacts.
Part time work mainly
Driver. SC (Former Employee) –  Uk26 November 2017
Not a good experience, did not expect to last for so long. Driving for OCS worked out to be more difficult than just stock counting as other workers would call during out of work hours.
Awful place with awful staff
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire3 November 2017
I lasted 1 week, working at OCS in Renfrew, I have never worked in such a horrible, dreary place, clearly its the management that bring this place down, I was lied to about my starting salary and I just did not trust any the staff.
Pros
Cons
very bad managment
Poor Company, and you never know where your next shift is coming from
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 October 2017
Have been working for OCS since April and have only ever completed 2 shifts because the hrs are all over the place. You either get contacted by the mini bus driver last minute or you make your request known online. You don't get paid to travel and the money you do make is very little for the hours you're actually working rather than traveling.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Organisation
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chepstow15 September 2017
Not bad job fair pay and the workers there are friendly. Pay wasnt always on time but when spoken to with manager they sorted it no problems. Would work again.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
Poor management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
Awful management with a culture of bullying staff into doing overtime and being given tasks that far out reach the job title and spec. Spoken to and treated like a number being told on a regular basis how easily staff can be replaced. Very little communication from operation managers, no family life balance and no room for progression. Nothing in the way of staff benefits and when sick in hospital an area supervisor came to check I was on the ward I said I was because they thought I was lying.
good place to work
merchandising stocktaking (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 August 2017
they r nice some friendly team worker u travel long way work long hours but u learn to stock count and merchandise good breaks times and work at your own pace
Great job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Ocs Surrey28 July 2017
Great place to work,everyone is friendly Ocs would answer any questions i may of had made some great friends there sorry had to leave due to being made redundant
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks
diffrent faces diffrent places
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wales16 July 2017
I have been within the security industry for many years now, OCS are not much different to every other company I have worked for before. The hours are normally long the pay is normally nmw or just above the management can be really slow at responding to problems.
Pros
can work with a good team
Cons
Zero hours and zero respect
Janitor (NEC) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 June 2017
They tell you when you're working on short notice and then nothing for ten days so it's impossible to plan a life. A lot of friends and family deadweights on the payroll.
Pros
Competent managment
Cons
Long hours, long periods no work
work place
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot12 June 2017
It's ok job but the hours aren't enough but i would recommend it for someone who would like a part-time job the staff member are really nice and their easy to getting with
Pros
staff member are really nice, its local
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.