OCS Pay & Benefits reviews

nightmare
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  nationwide15 February 2018
O C S

Monthly pay which is hard to budget, long hours when shifts are given grumpy managers and nightmare travelling , staying in hotels etc etc. just not a vey good job to have.
Pros
get home early
Cons
travelling
There are worse places to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire16 January 2018
There are worse places to work. The area in which I work is not too bad but the company as a whole complains about staff turn over but insists on offering minimum wage and zero hours contacts.
Part time work mainly
Driver. SC (Former Employee) –  Uk26 November 2017
Not a good experience, did not expect to last for so long. Driving for OCS worked out to be more difficult than just stock counting as other workers would call during out of work hours.
Awful place with awful staff
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire3 November 2017
I lasted 1 week, working at OCS in Renfrew, I have never worked in such a horrible, dreary place, clearly its the management that bring this place down, I was lied to about my starting salary and I just did not trust any the staff.
Pros
Cons
very bad managment
Poor Company, and you never know where your next shift is coming from
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 October 2017
Have been working for OCS since April and have only ever completed 2 shifts because the hrs are all over the place. You either get contacted by the mini bus driver last minute or you make your request known online. You don't get paid to travel and the money you do make is very little for the hours you're actually working rather than traveling.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Organisation
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chepstow15 September 2017
Not bad job fair pay and the workers there are friendly. Pay wasnt always on time but when spoken to with manager they sorted it no problems. Would work again.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
Poor management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
Awful management with a culture of bullying staff into doing overtime and being given tasks that far out reach the job title and spec. Spoken to and treated like a number being told on a regular basis how easily staff can be replaced. Very little communication from operation managers, no family life balance and no room for progression. Nothing in the way of staff benefits and when sick in hospital an area supervisor came to check I was on the ward I said I was because they thought I was lying.
good place to work
merchandising stocktaking (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 August 2017
they r nice some friendly team worker u travel long way work long hours but u learn to stock count and merchandise good breaks times and work at your own pace

Want to know more about OCS?

Ask a question
Great job
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Ocs Surrey28 July 2017
Great place to work,everyone is friendly Ocs would answer any questions i may of had made some great friends there sorry had to leave due to being made redundant
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Cons
Unpaid lunch breaks
diffrent faces diffrent places
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wales16 July 2017
I have been within the security industry for many years now, OCS are not much different to every other company I have worked for before. The hours are normally long the pay is normally nmw or just above the management can be really slow at responding to problems.
Pros
can work with a good team
Cons
Zero hours and zero respect
Janitor (NEC) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 June 2017
They tell you when you're working on short notice and then nothing for ten days so it's impossible to plan a life. A lot of friends and family deadweights on the payroll.
Pros
Competent managment
Cons
Long hours, long periods no work
work place
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot12 June 2017
It's ok job but the hours aren't enough but i would recommend it for someone who would like a part-time job the staff member are really nice and their easy to getting with
Pros
staff member are really nice, its local
Cons
not enough hours
hours not enough
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk24 May 2017
I worked for ocs for nine months doing. Only fifteen hours a week.the pay was good but not enough hours
The staff were helpful and friendly.would have continued to work for the company if given more hours..
Pros
rates of pay above living wage
Cons
not enough hours
chilled
steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 April 2017
I enjoyed working for ocs as it was a zero hour contract and really flexible , saw a lot of famous people and it was close to home. Got to see a lot of good shows and music concerts
Pros
free lunch
draining
Mobile supervisor (Former Employee) –  midlands30 March 2017
they try to get blood from a stone for low wages the majority of responsibility will be passed on from deputy managers to supervisors who earn pennies
Great firm to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire29 March 2017
Working for ocs was great experince working on the steelworks but they lost the contract the company that took over put everyone on zero hrs contract
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good hours
manchester city football academy
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2017
I really enjoy working at the Manchester city football academy, there are lots of great people there to work with. There are lots of benefits of working at the Manchester city football academy.
Meh
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  South West26 February 2017
I worked for OCS on and off for about 2 and a half years. The worst part about the job was the amount of hours you were travelling to the different jobs around the country and not being paid for.

The hours were unpredictable, some weeks you are very busy, other times (especially around Christmas), there is little to no work on offer.

The work itself wasn't the worst when you actually got on location. It was fairly straightforward and you knew where you stood. Job times ranged from 2 hours to 12 depending on the situation.

This job is ideal for students looking for a little extra income every month, or if you're unemployed and just need to make ends meet whilst you find something that will actually be properly worth your time.

The people and supervisors I worked with were on the whole decent people, you end up working with the same people a lot so you get to know them. The people you meet and work with are without doubt the best part of this role.

Overall, if you can, avoid it, being out of the house for 17 hours and being paid £50 isn't fun. There are plenty of other jobs willing to pay the same in your local areas.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Unpaid travel hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.