OCS Management reviews

Worst experience ever
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Market Drayton, Staffordshire12 December 2018
Unorganized. Dirty. Manager is horrible and makes you cry by shouting when you ask a question. Not worth working minimum wage to be treated like dirt. Especially when you have children. You ever do as you're told or you're not welcome.
Cook stuff on dirty trays. Everyone smells of BO. Not how a kitchen should be run at all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Manager will shout at you, expect you to work when you cant, dirty. Serve food from dirty plates cook food on dirty trays.
Just avoid this place at all costs
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2018
Pros.

Heavily discounted event tickets, depending on your division. Reasonable pay for the market. Some friendly staff.

Cons

No job security as they restructure almost every year, poor management, 3 month notice in most jobs, irrespective of job role (a big trap), poor IT systems implementation and very limited systems training.

Only management are entitled to any bonus.

Many people looking to leave. Heard some eye opening stories of how they treat professional staff.
Very poor management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire29 November 2018
I worked as a cleaner at doosan babcocks in Renfrew.
Here are some of the rules you must abide with
1) stay in you're designted area.
2) no talking with other employees.
3) no answering of you're mobile even in an amergancy.
4) no going outside (in case you are having a fly smoke).
5)no eating or drinking on the job.
6) you can only take you're holidays if someone else hasn't took the days you planned for.
7) always wear you're name badge or you can get a fine.
Management are to close to the client to the point of the client picking the uniform that we have to wear.
You aren't allowed to use any chemicals on the job only water.
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Hospital security (Former Employee) –  Wigan20 November 2018
No support from management treat you with no respect. Like to bully there staff and if they don't like you they will get rid of you. Great set of lads to work with and loved the job jist cannot work under a managment who bully there employees
Pros
Great set of lads to work with
Cons
Managment are a joke
Worst job ever!
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester23 October 2018
I would not even send my worst enemy here to apply, management do NOT know how to talk to staff, nothing good about this company apart from getting to meet different passengers and learning things about different people.
complete sucky company avoid at all costs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London2 October 2018
tuped to them by mistake, most clueless company i ever met , no idea bout the security busimess, company started first as cleaning company , staff are liars and inept undertrained and focused on saving money to save contracts
do not trust them in any way what so ever, they are abismall and i found being employed by them a degrading depressing experience, problems with getting uniform 7 months later no uniform , nonhelp asked three times , terrible with wage enquiries, low levels of performance and non existant duty of care
Pros
Cons
nothing but
Avoid
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 September 2018
Bad company stear clear!!!!!
Lovely colleagues and nice place to work.
But pay is regularly short by anything from 6hrs to 60hrs and very difficult to get paid what your owed waiting until next payday and sometimes longer.
Difficult to get annual leave and when you do your not paid for it correctly.
Always covering sickness or staffing problems
Management don’t have a clue what they are doing.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Paid short
Good Work Place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Shields31 August 2018
I worked for ocs cleaning a retail store. The store management themselves were rude but ocs management supportive and helpful. typical day would be to go in empty bins and start on front floor ready for shop opening then move on to changing rooms then continue through to back of shop floor etc
Pros
no buses in the mornings
Cons
good management
Incompetent Management
Mobile cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 August 2018
The management has changed since i left the company so i can't speak to how the job is now. There was no management structure and a worrying amount of incompetence.
productive and long hours
retail stock scanner (Former Employee) –  everywhere7 August 2018
I learned how to use a stock scanner device,some of the management team were nice. hard long hours and not much help, best part meeting new people, new skills
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, lack of breaks
non productive
OCS RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2018
A typical day involves you stepping off the company transport car and starting your shift in whichever city you applied to take the shift at.

- Management were rude
- hardest part is when you have to scan individual items in stores rather then selecting one time and having all being replicas.
Management Attitude Shocking
MSO (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 July 2018
They just don’t care about their staff. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. I’ve never known a company like it. No organisation or pride in the service they give. Hemorrhaging staff weekly since being awarded the contract and staff TUPE’d over.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No job satisfaction, no morale, no worthy management, staff not valued, staff leaving not replaced
HGV driver
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport24 July 2018
The worst crowd I’ve ever worked for
Ashamed to put on CV
pay is low but if staff are reasonable make up for the pay lost but they are not
Full of back stabbers and managers who do nothing to assist
Pros
Cons
Stress. Anxiety
Awful place to work. I would not recommend it.
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire6 July 2018
The management are bullies. The staff are undervalued and disregarded. If you are related in anyway to another member of staff and the management fall out with you they bully the ones you are related to.

No regard for health and safety, many corners are cut regarding machinary. l would recommend the health and safety executive look into this company.

They have too many staff on annual leave at the same time and cannot provide cover because other members off staff are on sick leave due to stress.

Constantly mess up wages, if you have been over paid they take it from you in one go leaving you very short, instead of taking it in installments. If they under pay you, they argue with you and bully you into just not bothering to try and get what is owed to you.
fun place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Feltham25 June 2018
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Cons
Can't think of anything bad
Worst company to work for!
CCA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 June 2018
worst company to work for. management is attrocious. manager/supervisor has no regards for employees welfare. i told them that my ears were hurting i needed ear defenders supervisor threw it back at my face saying "i got a headache too" i had to buy my own ear defenders. they told me i didn;t need to come in till further notice after a month i got laid off unjusticely. thats why they are constantly avdertising for their vacancies. yet MAG still has contracts with them! they already lost 2 contracts one at Gatwick and Liverpool
Cons
managment is disgusting
my working day
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford16 June 2018
I enjoy working for ocs no 2 days are the same .my typical day at work starts at 11 when i clean the patients rooms some of which are barrier rooms.after I've finished them normally with a partner we take down the laundry and put it on.we then clean corridors empty rooms etc.After lunch has been served we collect all the washingup and take it to the kitchen.when everything is cleared away and the kitchen cleaned i take the teas round to the patients.The management is fine they just let us get on with our job however we do have supervisors.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the patients when they leave.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and listening to their stories.I wouldn't be looking for another job but i can't get the hours that i want.The part time hours are convenient for people with children at school.
Pros
I like meeting all the patients and listening to their stories.
Cons
not enough parking for staff.
Its alright.
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 May 2018
Worked as a stocktaker, pay sucks, hours suck, people are alright though. Give it a bash if your desperate I suppose. Work is easy enough, if extremely tedious and boring. Management is a bit of a gamble, there's a handful of good ones there though.

10/10 "It's alright" - IGN
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Unpaid travel, long hours, long periods of no work (December especially)
Appalling company!!
Porter (Former Employee) –  North West28 May 2018
Delusional management, with very little life experience.
Absolutely zero regard for employees health and safety. Just one example, another employee had collapsed with suspected heart trouble and the only comment from the senior manager was, "don't forget to call the sickness line"!!
Thrive themselves on paperwork and looking busy instead of actually helping to run the contract.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Took the job
Stay away
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire28 May 2018
Managed to stay a week. I was interviewed by the company where I would be working at no time was I told I was working for ots. I found out on the 3rd day and understood why I never got any breaks. I was expected to cook everything from scratch which I am capable of. But then to have to serve take money and do all the washing up. While the ots supervised sat on her rear having chatter time with management . understaffed . . I would never have considered leaving my previous job of I had known. I have already found a lovely job as cool at a nursery and feed 160 children and adults .
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.