OCS Management reviews

complete sucky company avoid at all costs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London2 October 2018
tuped to them by mistake, most clueless company i ever met , no idea bout the security busimess, company started first as cleaning company , staff are liars and inept undertrained and focused on saving money to save contracts
do not trust them in any way what so ever, they are abismall and i found being employed by them a degrading depressing experience, problems with getting uniform 7 months later no uniform , nonhelp asked three times , terrible with wage enquiries, low levels of performance and non existant duty of care
Pros
Cons
nothing but
Avoid
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 September 2018
Bad company stear clear!!!!!
Lovely colleagues and nice place to work.
But pay is regularly short by anything from 6hrs to 60hrs and very difficult to get paid what your owed waiting until next payday and sometimes longer.
Difficult to get annual leave and when you do your not paid for it correctly.
Always covering sickness or staffing problems
Management don’t have a clue what they are doing.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Paid short
Incompetent Management
Mobile cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 August 2018
The management has changed since i left the company so i can't speak to how the job is now. There was no management structure and a worrying amount of incompetence.
productive and long hours
retail stock scanner (Former Employee) –  everywhere7 August 2018
I learned how to use a stock scanner device,some of the management team were nice. hard long hours and not much help, best part meeting new people, new skills
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, lack of breaks
non productive
OCS RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2018
A typical day involves you stepping off the company transport car and starting your shift in whichever city you applied to take the shift at.

- Management were rude
- hardest part is when you have to scan individual items in stores rather then selecting one time and having all being replicas.
Management Attitude Shocking
MSO (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 July 2018
They just don’t care about their staff. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. I’ve never known a company like it. No organisation or pride in the service they give. Hemorrhaging staff weekly since being awarded the contract and staff TUPE’d over.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No job satisfaction, no morale, no worthy management, staff not valued, staff leaving not replaced
HGV driver
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport24 July 2018
The worst crowd I’ve ever worked for
Ashamed to put on CV
pay is low but if staff are reasonable make up for the pay lost but they are not
Full of back stabbers and managers who do nothing to assist
Pros
Cons
Stress. Anxiety
Awful place to work. I would not recommend it.
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire6 July 2018
The management are bullies. The staff are undervalued and disregarded. If you are related in anyway to another member of staff and the management fall out with you they bully the ones you are related to.

No regard for health and safety, many corners are cut regarding machinary. l would recommend the health and safety executive look into this company.

They have too many staff on annual leave at the same time and cannot provide cover because other members off staff are on sick leave due to stress.

Constantly mess up wages, if you have been over paid they take it from you in one go leaving you very short, instead of taking it in installments. If they under pay you, they argue with you and bully you into just not bothering to try and get what is owed to you.
fun place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Feltham25 June 2018
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Cons
Can't think of anything bad
Worst company to work for!
CCA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 June 2018
worst company to work for. management is attrocious. manager/supervisor has no regards for employees welfare. i told them that my ears were hurting i needed ear defenders supervisor threw it back at my face saying "i got a headache too" i had to buy my own ear defenders. they told me i didn;t need to come in till further notice after a month i got laid off unjusticely. thats why they are constantly avdertising for their vacancies. yet MAG still has contracts with them! they already lost 2 contracts one at Gatwick and Liverpool
Cons
managment is disgusting
my working day
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford16 June 2018
I enjoy working for ocs no 2 days are the same .my typical day at work starts at 11 when i clean the patients rooms some of which are barrier rooms.after I've finished them normally with a partner we take down the laundry and put it on.we then clean corridors empty rooms etc.After lunch has been served we collect all the washingup and take it to the kitchen.when everything is cleared away and the kitchen cleaned i take the teas round to the patients.The management is fine they just let us get on with our job however we do have supervisors.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the patients when they leave.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients and listening to their stories.I wouldn't be looking for another job but i can't get the hours that i want.The part time hours are convenient for people with children at school.
Pros
I like meeting all the patients and listening to their stories.
Cons
not enough parking for staff.
Its alright.
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil29 May 2018
Worked as a stocktaker, pay sucks, hours suck, people are alright though. Give it a bash if your desperate I suppose. Work is easy enough, if extremely tedious and boring. Management is a bit of a gamble, there's a handful of good ones there though.

10/10 "It's alright" - IGN
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Unpaid travel, long hours, long periods of no work (December especially)
Appalling company!!
Porter (Former Employee) –  North West28 May 2018
Delusional management, with very little life experience.
Absolutely zero regard for employees health and safety. Just one example, another employee had collapsed with suspected heart trouble and the only comment from the senior manager was, "don't forget to call the sickness line"!!
Thrive themselves on paperwork and looking busy instead of actually helping to run the contract.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Took the job
Stay away
Fsa (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire28 May 2018
Managed to stay a week. I was interviewed by the company where I would be working at no time was I told I was working for ots. I found out on the 3rd day and understood why I never got any breaks. I was expected to cook everything from scratch which I am capable of. But then to have to serve take money and do all the washing up. While the ots supervised sat on her rear having chatter time with management . understaffed . . I would never have considered leaving my previous job of I had known. I have already found a lovely job as cool at a nursery and feed 160 children and adults .
Overbearing bullies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Half the poxy country16 May 2018
They sell you a job in one area then nag and expect you to jobs you didn't sign up for in other extra and massively bloated areas, when you refuse you are demonised.

End up doing crazy mileages for sod all extra. Rather be on the dole.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bunch of bullying con merchants
Terrible company
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Merseyside4 May 2018
Horrific company that illegally does not include regular overtime in holiday pay.
Managers only have time for their favourites
Punished if you speak up for your rights
Never get an answer from hr
Alright...ish.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester23 April 2018
Worked for them as a security officer. What was good about that job was my 4on-4off shift pattern. However they would ring you basically every day to do overtime. Fellow security lads were also OK. My direct manager was alright but further up on the ladder and they were getting worse and worse; some of them were coming up with ideas so stupid that you could tell that either they never worked as a front security guards or that was long time ago and they forgot how it is at the bottom. HR? Laughable. Payslips - sometimes you had to call them and ask them why was the payslip wrong and quite often you had to point out exactly what was wrong with it because they couldn't see that.
Pros
Working with good lads who would actually really help you if you struggled.
Cons
Top management and useless bunch of incompetent staff in main office and HR
long hours. unprofessional managers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth23 April 2018
no proper training. no professionalism. Let there supervisors get away with what they want. My site treated new staff like rubbish.
the managing director tho is very nice.
Cons
long hour. no warm welcome
Professional and Organized
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk22 April 2018
I cleaned for three hours a day, Monday to Friday, from 5am till 8am, working in a giant office building. I was with this company for just over two months.

A routine day at work would consist of a deep clean on one floor, which would include dusting and spot cleaning of the desks, then I would vacuum all floors.

Despite the early morning shift, not getting sufficient amounts of sleep (because I have an evening job as well), and noticing a decrease in my wellbeing because of it, I still enjoyed the job.

Staff and management were friendly. My line manager was open and willing to listen to any problems that I had (not that I had many to speak of). But there was a work colleague who would talk negatively behind almost everyone's back.

Management also handled things in a professional manner. We had plenty of team meetings, pretty much once a week, where we would be informed of changes, and any problems that needed addressing. However I do think we had way too many of them; some I thought were a little unnecessary.

I was fully trained, and I received a full induction on my first day.

Another issue I had was with the clock in/clock out system. For one they kept changing our pass-codes, so we had to keep memorizing new ones, after just getting used to the old. Also for a while at the start, I had to wait for a supervisor to let me in, as I had not yet received my pass. And sometimes I would be let in with a few minutes before the start of the shift, but by the time I clocked in, it would be a couple of minutes past five. And if you clock in at say 5:01, you would be
  more... deducted five minutes of work time from your wages. This was not my fault, and I do not think it was ever corrected, despite me addressing it to my supervisors.

The hardest part of the job was the early start. But it was the kind of hours I was looking for, so I would not rate the job negatively for that.

The most enjoyable part of the job was joking around with some of my colleagues. The office staff were also nice.
Pros
Full training and induction, Friendly line manager, Good pay
Cons
Too many meetings, Harsh clock in/clock out system
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ipswich20 April 2018
Was iss which now ocs really has gone down hill I'm now looking for a new job as they are trying to find reasons to lay people off pay is now gone from weekly to monthly which messes all bills up don't like the company unless they improve I will be moving on
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Silly hours and unwelcoming automosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.